Can anyone help me identify who he was? | Golden Skate

Can anyone help me identify who he was?

mtillitt

Spectator
I am not a real big skating fan but I saw one program that really got me. It was a single male skater performing to a rock theme - "Born in the USA" possibly? I remember he was doing lots of flips and spraying lots of ice around. I have no recollection of the event but I believe the year was between '96 and '99. It was the most macho skating performance I have ever seen and I would love to see it again. Can anyone help me out here? Thank you!

jebica24

Spectator
I am not a real big skating fan but I saw one program that really got me. It was a single male skater performing to a rock theme - "Born in the USA" possibly? I remember he was doing lots of flips and spraying lots of ice around. I have no recollection of the event but I believe the year was between '96 and '99. It was the most macho skating performance I have ever seen and I would love to see it again. Can anyone help me out here? Thank you!

I think the name of the skater you are talking about is Jozef Sabovcik. Did he have long blonde hair??

mtillitt

Spectator
Yes, it was Jozef Sabovcik. Most definately confirmed. I really appreciate the post and e-mails from everyone. That mystery has been nagging in the back of my mind now for ten years! Does anyone know if there are any recordings available of one of his rock themed performances?