2 Dan ZHANG / Hao ZHANG CHN 181.87 2 2
3 Valerie MARCOUX / Craig BUNTIN CAN 163.37 3 3
4 Utako WAKAMATSU / Jean-Sebastien FECTEAU CAN 145.41 4 4
5 Julia VLASSOV / Drew MEEKINS USA 135.45 6 5
6 Julia OBERTAS / Sergei SLAVNOV RUS 132.19 5 6
7 Stacey KEMP / David KING GBR 113.70 7 7
8 Mari VARTMANN / Florian JUST GER 108.24 8 9
9 Rumiana SPASSOVA / Stanimir TODOROV BUL 106.79 9 8

A whopping 9 points ahead were Shen & Zhao!!! YAY! i'm so pleased for them. They even had a two point deduction (i presume for two falls?)

And the British pair weren't last!!! HUrray!

Ant

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to S/.Z. They are just miles ahead of everyone.

What happened to Obertas and Slavnov? They've been around for some time now and I thought this season would put them in the top 5 Worlds Pairs. Well, let's see what happens in Euros.

Nice for Valerie and Craig. Long overdue.

Wow! Nice Julia and Drew.

Joe

antmanb

Record Breaker
What happened to Obertas and Slavnov? They've been around for some time now and I thought this season would put them in the top 5 Worlds Pairs. Well, let's see what happens in Euros.

Nice for Valerie and Craig. Long overdue.

Wow! Nice Julia and Drew.

Joe

I think obertas & Slavnov had 3 or 4 points deducted so i think they may have had a splat fest.

Out of interested - in paris if both skaters fall on e.g. SBS jumps do they get -2 one -1 each fora fall?

Ant

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
This season they went back to their original coaches - the Velikovs; things just weren't working with Moskvina for them.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Ok so maybe both Obertas & Slavnov fell on a SBS jump and then another fall from one of them.

Ant

rain

Record Breaker
I'm a little concerned that it appears a two-fall program from S/Z beat a no-fall program from Z/Z. The Zhangs aren't my favorite team and I think they still have a long way to go on the artistry, but for S/Z to beat them so handily with a very flawed skate worries me. It speaks to the need for some kind of reward for the skaters for skating a clean program. Not necessarily enough to swing an event, but it should be a few points at least, IMO. In the past in pairs this is often how we could see new pairs emerge — by them beating more established pairs when the latter would falter on some of the technical elements and the newbies skated clean. Numerous falls really do marr a program, and that should be reflected in the marks.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
According to the ISU Day 2 Article, S/Z's 2-point deduction was for being 6 seconds over the 4'40" time limit; there's a 1 point deduction for every 5 seconds (or part there-of) over the time limit. Zhao said they went over because they didn't have enough time for their final lift. Shen revealed that she's injured (right foot) and had a bad toothache.

Zhang and Zhang each doubled the planned 3T's in combination, and Dan Zhang doubled the solo 3S.