Original Dance | Golden Skate

Original Dance

http://www.isufs.org/results/gpjpn06/SEG008.HTM

I can't believe how close it is between Khokhlova & Novitski and Gregory & Petukov for second place. In the Compulsory, K&N won by 0.04 points and in the OD by 0.59 points.

If Gregory and Petukov get second, they are automatically in the finals. If K&N get second with G&P third, they will tie in GP points, but G&P will probably win the tie beaker because they have a big lead (7 points) in CoP points going in.

This raises the question of the differences between different judging panels. Gregory and Petukov scored big points in Skate America, compared to Khokhlova and Novitski in Cup of China.

lanadd

On the Ice
And what about the new OD of D/L? Which one do you prefer?
After i've seen it i think that they've tried to copy a lot from D/S.So similar begining so similar end and some moves in the middle... Couldn't they make something good by themselves??That is so unprofessional...........

Last edited:

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
This raises the question of the differences between different judging panels. Gregory and Petukov scored big points in Skate America, compared to Khokhlova and Novitski in Cup of China.

Especially as chuck is always telling us that home advanatge in the GPs counts for an increase in points. K&N will have acquired their points total without skating at a home GP.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I think the work that TT is doing with Russian ice dancers is really paying off. While there are more innovative choreographers than TT in the world, nobody (and I mean nobody!) beats her when it comes to hiding the skaters' flaws. I think K&N are definite beneficiaries of her work.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Especially as chuck is always telling us that home advanatge in the GPs counts for an increase in points. K&N will have acquired their points total without skating at a home GP.

Here are the top 7 in the OD at NHK (the ones who had a previous event). Note that all of them except G/P improved their OD score since their first event.

38.81 44.49 PRATT / GILLES SC, NHK
43.73 44.26 SENFT / GISLASON CoC, NHK
44.37 46.90 WATANABE / KIDO SA, NHK
52.30 52.86 DAVIS / WHITE SC, NHK
53.98 55.15 KHOKHLOVA / NOVITSKI CoC, NHK
55.61 54.56 GREGORY / PETUKHOV SA, NHK
59.04 60.23 DUBREUIL / LAUZON SC, NHK

Note also that D/L introduced a new OD at NHK.

Kasey

Medalist
I think the work that TT is doing with Russian ice dancers is really paying off. While there are more innovative choreographers than TT in the world, nobody (and I mean nobody!) beats her when it comes to hiding the skaters' flaws. I think K&N are definite beneficiaries of her work.

True...she is good at disguising skater's flaws. The major criticism of K&Ns "tango" that I have, and have heard from other people, is that it really has no tango character, and the music could be "Sesame Street" for all the program cares. There is a lot of interesting moves and choreo in the program, but it really isn't tango.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Pratt/Gilles had a fall on one of their lifts in the OD at SC, and it knocked the wind out of them, which explains the low score they had there.