Naomi Lang gets engaged@FashionOnIce show | Golden Skate

Naomi Lang gets engaged@FashionOnIce show

heyang

Record Breaker
Hi, all.

Just got back from attending Fashion On Ice. I'll write more about that later.

However, just before retakes, Michael Weiss introduces a special friend on his birthday. Then, he handed the microphone over to some guy on skates. He starts talking about how he's 32 today and thinking about what he should ask for as a birthday gift. Someone in the audience yelled out 'Money'. Then he goes on and says 'all I can ask for is to spend the rest of my life with the woman I love'. Just before this the cast came out and Peter pushed Naomi forward. She was crying and laughing, of course. Then she gave him a big kiss. Then he continued by saying how men fall in love with their eyes 1st and how women fall in love with their ears and how he fell in love at 1st sight with his heart. Then, he got down on one knee and asked her to marry him and put a ring on her finger. She said yes and they had another big kiss.

It was a great surprise.

monkeebiz

Spectator
I was there, too! What a moment!

Heh, my mom said she should've skated all the way around the boards to show off her ring. :)

heyang

Record Breaker
My cousin and I were sitting in Row BB, right next to the visiting team's box. If you were looking at that side of the rink, we were to the left of the box. The biggest problem with our seats was that the camera blocked our view of where the skaters got on ice.

I didn't recognize Mike Weiss while he was doing the opening intro - he didn't skate, but was doing backstage interviews. It wasn't til he skated out on the ice at the end of the show that I could see him well. Anyway, I wish he had mentioned Naomi's fiance's name.

Dyan

On the Ice
Naomi is engaged to Mark Fitzgerald. He used to compete in icedancing with Elizaveta Stekolnikova a few years back. Apparently he is one of the coaches based in NJ.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We were there last night too. What a wonderful, special moment for Naomi & her fiance. :love: Thank you for filling us in on the name of her fiance and his skating background!

The show was lots of fun, and we were treated to lots of retakes for those little glitches that were bound to happen. :party:

If you' d like to read it, I posted a report of the show here:

http://forums.starsonice.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2597

Last edited:

heyang

Record Breaker
Gail,

I pretty much agree with your notes, with a couple of opinion exceptions. Both my cousin & I didn't care for Sylvia's 2nd #. Just seemed kinda blah and slightly disonant. She herself is charming.

Steven made mistakes in both his #'s, but only did retakes for the 1st one, which was the funner #. So, I expect that only 1 of Steven's routines will be aired.

I found it really interesting to attend a show that was being taped for TV. There were actually moments where nothing was going on since they were pretending that there was a backstage interview with the skaters or designers.

Also, Plushy fans might be disappointed during his 1st number on TV since the editors will probably show Chris Isaak for 50% of the time and Plushy only 1/2 the time. Although, that might be ok since 1/2 his routine was jumping and ht other 1/2 mugging for the camera/audience. oh, well - it's a fluff show.

IMO, Jen doesn't have the danceability (a la Steven, Kristi and Kurt) to have done justice to the music in her 2nd number. Loved her outfit for it though.

Shizuka's purple dress was gorgeous. I enjoyed it so much more than the dresses she wore while competing.

Naomi also modelled a 'man's' suit and that was the outfit she wore when she got engaged. All of Tomer's pants had constrasting fabric in the side pockets and in the piping on the back pockets.

Sorry - I'm really bad about names of songs, etc.

Plushy did retakes on his 2 3A's.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the report, it sounds like it was fun. What city did it take place?

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
Naomi is engaged to Mark Fitzgerald. He used to compete in icedancing with Elizaveta Stekolnikova a few years back. Apparently he is one of the coaches based in NJ.

I think they coach together. Didn't they have a junior team at Nationals a couple of years ago?

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
How behind the times am I? :confused:

I thought Naomi was engaged to Vladimir Besedin.....{and they had a child together}....obviously not.

Last years' news, LOL. They split quite a while ago. (I, of course, am far too serious a fellow to be interested in such gossip. :) )

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Thanks for the update. ;)

Congrats to Naomi & Mark, I remember him skating at Worlds with Elizavetta. :agree:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Last years' news, LOL. They split quite a while ago. (I, of course, am far too serious a fellow to be interested in such gossip. :) )
So you say Math!! :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

yes Naomi and Mark do coach together at hackensack and a few other rinks. They have been dating for over a year. (Naomi and Vladimir were never engaged..they split after having daughter Lillia Ashlee (now 2))

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
They need a web designer for that page. Way too cluttered.

Unfortunately, that's the way with a lot of people on MySpace. They try to cram in a million things and make it look "snazzy." The music and the videos are all playing, and you just want to be "friends" with someone else. :cool: