Excitement! | Golden Skate

Excitement!

S

sk8tngcanuck

Excitement!

I think I am the proudest mom on the planet! (Me and about 3 zillion others, LOL )

My daughter competed in her very first competition yesterday, and she won SILVER !!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

She skated so well it brought tears to my eyes! She skated with such pure joy and it was so incredible sitting there overhearing others' comments on her abilities and her obvious love for the sport.

I am just so darn proud of her, I want to tell the whole world, and I figured this was as good a place as any to start!

To all those that answered my thread at the beginning of the season and suggested I let her try skating with the more advanced skaters, HUGE THANKS! It was obviously the right decision. Her coach is amazed at her progress, and says she hasn't seen this much progression in her 10 years of coaching.

Canuck

R

rgirl181

Re: Excitement!

I can't imagine a better Mother's Day present, Canuck. Congratulations to your daughter! How old is she again? I just want to calculate when I can anticipate seeing her at senior Nationals;) Seriously, as long as she loves skating and competing, that's the most important thing. But a silver at her first competition, that's a lot of icing on a great cake.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Rgirl

S

SammieJ

Thats so cool! :D

I am guessing you are in Canada (I'm psychic, <strong>canuck</strong>:lol: )

What level is she?

D

dlksk8fan

Good for her:D I hope you got some good pictures or movies of her skating!!

J

Joesitz

Congrats to you and best wishes to the future Canadian Champ.

Joe

S

Show 42

Absolutely the best Mother's Day present.......wow! 42

S

sk8tngcanuck

Excitement

Thank you all so much for your congratulations! I just had my daughter read them all and she is glowing!

To answer Rgirl's question, my daughter is 7 years old. To answer SammieJ's question, she is pre-preliminary. She has not taken any part of her prelim skills test, but is testing her preliminary dances on Friday. :rolleyes: