Pairs:
    Shen/Zhao
    Zhang/Zhang
    Petrova/Tikhonov
    Baldwin/Inoue
    Savchenko/Szolkowy
    Marcoux/Buntin

Thoughts:
    It's been a long time since the US has had two dance teams and two men in the final. Kimmie Meissner was robbed. She scored more points overall than Sebastyen and Meier and should be in the final.

I agree with your thoughts. Kimmie was robbed and I hope the rule changes for next season.

Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar
    I think it is neat that men's field is proportional. Two Americans. Two Japanese. Two French.

Custom Title
    I somehow thought Weir would not make it -- I guess Lambiel withdrawing helped him. I have to admit that I was almost hoping that Weir wouldn't make it so that he could just focus completely on getting ready for nationals and beyond ... I must also admit that unless Weir is in top shape and in fighting mode, I think he will have a hard time medaling at this final if the others skate well. I wish him and the others great skates - and I can't wait to see Takahashi's LP!

It's a bit wierd that only in dance will we see the reigning world champions at the GP final even though these world champs are all competing this season. I look forward to both comps - GP finals and worlds!!

Custom Title

Skaters qualifying for the Final

Nope!

Kimmie wasn't robbed. Under the rules currently in place, she didn't qualify. She needed to skate better. She'll have more chances at the Nationals and Worlds.

Dizzy

Predictions anyone?

Going just by the point totals of their best performance, the men ought to go Takahashi (gold), Oda (silver), Joubert (3 quads, but no cigar -- bronze).

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Predictions anyone?

Going just by the point totals of their best performance, the men ought to go Takahashi (gold), Oda (silver), Joubert (3 quads, but no cigar -- bronze).
    You would like that but the event will be in St. Petersburg. That's quad country and Oda is quadless.

Joe

I was making fun of the idea that you could use the point totals from previous results to predict the finals.

My own opinion is, I don't think anyone has a chance against Joubert, whatever the venue.

Who I like the best: Joubert, Lysacek, Oda. (But the judges don't ask me who I like, LOL.)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzydi7 View Post
    Nope!

Kimmie wasn't robbed. Under the rules currently in place, she didn't qualify. She needed to skate better.
    She skated better than Sebastyen and Meier if you look at the point totals for their performances and yet those girls are at the GPF instead of Kimmie. Sebastyen in particular had a lower score than 3 women who did not make the GPF. You call that fair?

~Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zuranthium View Post
    She skated better than Sebastyen and Meier if you look at the point totals for their performances and yet those girls are at the GPF instead of Kimmie. Sebastyen in particular had a lower score than 3 women who did not make the GPF. You call that fair?

~Z
    Applying the rules that are currently in place yes! If you don'tlike the rules gripe about them!

Ant

By the way is there any word on Alban Preaubert?

He isn't listed in the results for French Nationals - did he not compete? Is he injured? Will he be at the GPF?

Ant

Rinkside
    I have a feeling that Weir will come away with a medal. Joubert, Oda,Weir or Joubert, Weir, Oda order?

For ladies, Kim, Ando, Asada or Kim, Asada, Ando order?

At least, that's what I'd like to see happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I was making fun of the idea that you could use the point totals from previous results to predict the finals.
    MM - That's the problem with your posts. They are all about the points and not necessarily in the same competition. One never know when you're joking or not.

Why don't you correalate the points with the venue and the skater and see what is behind the differences. Were the points higher at SA than in NHK?. that sort of thing. Will they be lower as we go on to Worlds.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    Applying the rules that are currently in place yes! If you don't like the rules gripe about them!
    Well, I think Zuranthium was griping about the rules, LOL.

Personally, I like the rules. Win or go home. Just like a real sporting event.

Complaining about how tough the competition was, that's what losers do.
    Last edited by Mathman; 12-04-2006 at 07:47 AM.

Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar
    In Track and Field they take the best time. So wouldn't it still be like a real sport if they take the best score.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast