Attention Lipinski fans!!! | Golden Skate

Attention Lipinski fans!!!

E

eltamina

Attention Lipinski fans!!!

She will be celebrating the HUGE HAPPY <span style="color:red;font-size:medium;">21</span> in 4 1/2 weeks. Any Birthday wishes ideas?

I just ordered this cd for her what do you think?

www.towerrecords.com/prod...id=1500260

I know the title is Desire and Romance may sound odd, but the pieces in this cd are very skating friendly, and accessible. I hope she will skate to them. Even if she is not going to use these pieces for skating, this may remind her of
<strong>great skates by others</strong>
1. Canon in D : <strong>Peggy Flemming and Kostner</strong>

2. Arioso
3. Water Music: Air
4. Pno Con No.21: Andante (Elvira Madigan Theme)
5. Str Qnt in E, Op.13 No.5: Minuet
6. Romeo And Juliet Fant-Ov : <strong>TMTC skaters</strong>
7. La Boheme 'What A Cold, Little Hand'
8. Samson and Deliah: Bacchanal : <strong>Cupcake</strong>
9. Trois Gymnopedies: Lent Et Douloureux: <strong>Michelle, LOL they are friends right</strong>
10. Tristan And Isolde: Prld And Liebstod (Love-Death) :<strong>S&P</strong>
1. Air For The 'G' String : <strong>Vilka</strong>
2. Ob Con: Adagio
3. Ob Con: Presto
4. Adagio
5. Moonlight Son: Adagio Sostenuto : <strong>G&G</strong>
6. Emperor Str Qt, No.3: Poco Adagio
7. Swan Lake: Enchanted Lake: <strong>Rudy, Sarah etc</strong>
8. Cavalleria Rusticana: Intermezzo : <strong>TMTC skaters</strong>
9. Turandot: No Man Shall Sleep : <strong>S&Z</strong>
10. Enigma Vars: Nimrod
11. Con De Aranjuez: Adagio : <strong>Honda of course</strong>
12. Daphnis And Chloe: <strong>Sarah</strong>

M

mathman444

Re: Attention Lipinski fans!!!

It looks amazing. I think I'll order one for myself.

The Brahms/Lipinski is still on back order. I have it ordered from three places. I am beginning to lose hope that it will arrive in time, if at all.

Mathman

E

eltamina

MM, don't lose hope, remember I waited for almost 10 years for EMI to reissue the Brahms v cto: Oistrakh

The shipment may come in after her Birthday for this year, but there will always be next year. :)

BTW, do you want to compose a poem for her Big 21st, PM it to me, and I can send it to her with the cds.

After Tara's June Birthday, we can think about the Golden Monkey, skating goddess birthday in July.

M

mathman444

Here it is:

Dear Tara,

You beat the Golden Monkey.
Hope your birthday's funky.

MM

PS. I was just at the music store and they had on display a whole bunch of emiClassic cds at $5.99. A lot of them were old classics, including the Oistrakh. I didn't have time to look through them all. Is this some new promotional release?

E

eltamina

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>cds at $5.99. A lot of them were old classics, including the Oistrakh. I didn't have time to look through them all. Is this some new promotional release? [/quote]

I am not sure, long time ago, I PM you about the Oistrakh Brahms, and Oistrakh (David and Igor ) on Mozart's sinfonia concertante for violin and viola on the same cd. It was on sale for $7.99 then. I just checked tower records, it seems like that cd is already all sold out. IMO if you can get any Oistrakh recording for $5.99 grab it.

from eltamina who is very bias re: <span style="color:blue;font-size:small;">The Artist of the People</span> I think he was bel canto with soul, the violinist version of my favorite skater .

PS, was that a tower record store, now I am inspired to go shopping at tower.

M

mathman444

That's it. David is playing the viola on the Mozart, right? I kind of forgot about it when you first mentioned it. Now I can save two dollars!:D

Mathman

M

mathman444

OK, I got it. Haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.

I also got ($5.99 a pop) two more: David Ostrahk (playing and directing the Berlin Philharmonic) on the Mozart v. concertos numbrs 1, 2 and 3, and the 4 and 5, plus some shorter Mozart works. These were recorded in 1972. Do you know these recordings? Was Ostrahk was past his prime by then? I am not familiar with any of thses Mozart pieces.

Mathman

PS. Look in your in-box for Tara poem.

S

sk8ing lady2001

Re: Take a look at the album cover

Dear Tara,
I hope your birthday is filled with fun times and surprises. May you have the best one yet! Have your cake and eat it too. Happy Birthday!

Sincerely,