JGPF Results | Page 2 | Golden Skate

JGPF Results

Yep. It looks like the boy couldn't recover from his fall on the triple axel. I wish I could see the programs. The male standings had a complete switcheroo from short to long.
Too bad, I;m sure Tommy can do a triple axel easily.

Yes the male standings had a complete switcheroo. Good thing there were enough US men in the field. Carriere, btw, is like solid. He skates very carefully and makes sure he does the jumps properly. Not my cup of tea but maybe he is skating with the music now. Kind of like Evgeni's Oly routine. All one could say was yeah yeah.

enlight. I don't know if icenetwork will have these. I hope so. I want to be prepared for Spokane.

Joe

Yep. It looks like the boy couldn't recover from his fall on the triple axel. I wish I could see the programs. The male standings had a complete switcheroo from short to long.
Wouldn't it be nice if one of these guys got a hold of Jennie Kirk to make the Dream Pairs Team? Still, Nan/Leftheris are looking good.

enlight78

Medalist
But wouldn't take longer to turn the single skaters into a Dream Dance team than it would for a Dream Pairs team. Even with Kirk's hieght , I think a pairs team is more reasonable.

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Excuse me, but...

SQUEEE! YAY STEPHEN! And good job Curran and Julianna. (It's a Boston thing.)

Stephen is a very, very solid technical skater. Honestly watching him practice alongside Scott, I think Stephen is overall a better jumper. And he's working on the presentation thing. I've noticed a difference just over the year I've been here, in him and some of the other skaters, too. (Ross Miner leaps to mind. Now in his case his presenation is excellent, he just needs to learn to rein in the speed on the jumps.)

Caroline Zhang's scores are really quite remarkable.

Her tech score in the LP (60.15) was higher than Ando's at Trophee Eric Bombard (57.70), Asada's at Skate America (49.03), both of Suguri's senior GP events (58.03 and 54.56), Meier's winning 56.73 in Russia, Sebestyen's winning 48.90 in China, Meissner's 52.79 in Paris, Yu-na Kim's 51.60 at Skate Canada,...

enlight78

Medalist
Now wait just a doggone minute. Caroline Zhang got 1.62 points again? I know we are looking for consistency in the judging, but what are the odds? :clap:

So Caroline is twenty points better than everyone else in the junior world. Bring on Rachael!

Do you really think the judging in the junior level is more consitant than that at the senoir level. Or do you think Caroline is just a very consitant skater compared to the senoir skaters. I mean 162.43,162.42,162.68:bow: . That is almost to the decimal point. It kind of freaks me out.

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
Do you really think the judging in the junior level is more consitant than that at the senoir level. Or do you think Caroline is just a very consitant skater compared to the senoir skaters. I mean 162.43,162.42,162.68:bow: . That is almost to the decimal point. It kind of freaks me out.

She is extremely precise and consistent. All three competitions, she only made one minor jump mistake. She singled a planned 2t in a 3f+2t combo jump.
In JGP Taipei, she botched the first 3z+2t+2loop combo to only a 3z, but she then quickly added a 3f+2t+2loop combo.

No senior skater in this season has maintained such consistency.
This kid is really special.

floskate

On the Ice
Now wait just a doggone minute. Caroline Zhang got 1.62 points again? I know we are looking for consistency in the judging, but what are the odds? :clap:

So Caroline is twenty points better than everyone else in the junior world. Bring on Rachael!

Well it'll be Junior Worlds I guess when that happens won't it?

If they both skated clean I'd be pretty disappointed in the judging if Flatt came out on top. Ok so she has a 3-3 but her landings aren't so great and to be honest the rest of her skating is very junior - which is fine and exactly where it should be for a 13 yr old. Zhang can make up for the lack of a 3-3 with her oh so superior spins and spirals which get Oda like +GOE's. When it comes down to PCS though Zhang should be a clear 1/2 point up on each one - at least - compared to Rachel IMO.

Also don't forget Mirai Nagasu who is excellent and pretty consistent to boot. I watched her SP & LP from Regionals on Ice Network and she's really fabulous. She's capable of 50+ SP's and could get to 100 in the LP. She'll give Caroline a run for her money for the Junior National title.

Caroline and Stephen are both top US skaters and will be a force in the future. I'm not surprised at Caroline's finish at all. I was hoping Tommy would give Stephen a bit of competition, but that didn't happen They will all be there in Spokane and so will I.

Joe

euterpe

Medalist
Well it'll be Junior Worlds I guess when that happens won't it?

If they both skated clean I'd be pretty disappointed in the judging if Flatt came out on top. Ok so she has a 3-3 but her landings aren't so great and to be honest the rest of her skating is very junior - which is fine and exactly where it should be for a 13 yr old. Zhang can make up for the lack of a 3-3 with her oh so superior spins and spirals which get Oda like +GOE's. When it comes down to PCS though Zhang should be a clear 1/2 point up on each one - at least - compared to Rachel IMO.

Also don't forget Mirai Nagasu who is excellent and pretty consistent to boot. I watched her SP & LP from Regionals on Ice Network and she's really fabulous. She's capable of 50+ SP's and could get to 100 in the LP. She'll give Caroline a run for her money for the Junior National title.

Flatt turned 14 in July, and Zhang's skating is just as Junior as Rachael's. Rachael is nearly as consistent as Caroline, her spins have improved, and I think Rachael's footwork is better than Caroline's.

Mirai Nagasu is very good, but her Sectionals performances weren't nearly as good as her Regionals. She doesn't quite have the consistency of Rachael and Caroline. Nationals is a big step up for Mirai and she might be far more nervous than Caroline, who's been there before.