Berezhnaya engaged to Steven Cousins? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Berezhnaya engaged to Steven Cousins?

CanuckSk8r

Rinkside
Talk about "Days of Our Lives." I am not buying any of this until I hear from a more reliable source......

Teresa Dawn is a reliable source. She certainly is not spewing gossip.

Everything she's said I've heard from a family member of a party involved.

Teresa Dawn

On the Ice
Thanks CanuckSk8r :)

And no I'm just sharing things I've heard from quite a few sources so I would be surprised if I'm wrong about this but if I am I'll be the first to admit it. (Ummm this is for the Shae-Lynn Nikolai split Nikolai with Grushina situation) as far as the Steven/Elena thing goes, well like I obviously added a question mark into the thread title so don't take my word on this one, I'm just posting the article for you all, and hoping it's true LOL so that's your source for that. Seriously though, it does seem as though skating relationships are going a bit "hollywood" here.

If it makes you all feel better, Victor Kraatz and Maikki are still together ;)

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
The first gay couple to get married in Massachusetts has also filed for divorce. However, I think Yana was talking not of people who get divorces, but of people who cheat, get married without much thought, cheat, etc.

Thank you, Ptichka.

That's precisely what I meant. I have no problems with divorces. If it doesn't work, then it doesn't work. People make mistakes. Both of my parents divorced when I was young, have re-married since and have been happily married for 20+ years. I do have issues with cheaters.

Jaana, while it is true that Bourne was free when Nikolai was married, she contributed to somebody else's break-up. She was free, but hooked up with somebody who wasn't. That makes her just as guilty, in my opionion. I am just saying, that once a cheat, always a cheat - she shouldn't be surprised that Nikolai left her for somebody else (if it is true).

Zanzibar

Final Flight
Skaters from Russia say the Elena-Steven thing is definitely true and that he was visiting her in Moscow (they ran into him at the Hotel Ukraine bar) a couple of months ago. Whether it is as serious as the article portrays, they were not certain...as...lol...things are fast and fickle in the world of skater hook-ups.

Raatkirani

On the Ice
I'm thorougly confused. Who was Morozov's wife before Shae-Lynn? And was he with Grushina? Also, who's the father of Grushina's child?

Mad Hatter

Match Penalty
I'm thorougly confused. Who was Morozov's wife before Shae-Lynn? And was he with Grushina? Also, who's the father of Grushina's child?

Morozov was married to Caroline Douarin, a French ice-dancer. He left her when she was pregnant with their daughter Annabelle (born in 2001) He was with Shae for a good four or five years before he left her for Grushina. Nikolai is the father of Grushina's child. She was married to Ruslan Goncharov for 10 years.

I don't believe Grushina is pregnant, she skated with Ruslan just the other day in Ukraine.

FauveNik

Rinkside
All these people involved Know each other.
Speaking of more drama, let us not forget Lloyd Eisler(left his wife and bebes) and Kristy Swanson and bebe on the way!
Now Shae-lynne and Nik, well I think we all could see that comming!
Elena G. added to the mix for me is just a pitty.
Josee now too!(shocker for me there)
Caryne I wondered about seeing tapes of her skating she did not have that rock on her finger anymore.
Steven and Elena B. I must say, if its so, a bebe will be born but marriage?? She does not seem to have any consept of right and wrong and a man as shown, will always be a man. Its nature.
All in all its very sad but kind of shows, the old saying,
What goes around comes around :rock:

JMO
Bonne Fetes a tous!
Fauve

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
There is NO private life in figure skating.

On the bright side, I hear the Protopopovs are still together! :bow:

So are Meno & Sand, the Siudeks, Scott Hamilton(what's his wife's name?), Kurt Browning and Sonja, Kristi & Bret, Katia & Ilya. :) Yay for SOME stability in the figure skating world.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
So are Marika Humphreys & Vitaliy Baranov - celebrating their 8th wedding Anniversary in March. :agree:

FrankieB

Spectator
Judging by her answers to most of the questions in the interview, Yelena Berezhnaya sounds like someone you'd avoid like the plague.

I give the marriage a year but if Steve has any sense he won't even go through with it.

Shame about him and Kristina though. I did wonder why she was now using her maiden name again.

Zanzibar

Final Flight
Elena and Steven are still an item. She was in California this past week visiting him on the tour.

Last edited:

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
So are Marika Humphreys & Vitaliy Baranov - celebrating their 8th wedding Anniversary in March. :agree:
As are Klimova & Ponomarenko, Victor Petrenko with Nina, Artur Dmitriev with Tatiana, Lobacheva and Averbukh, and many many others.

dmr65

On the Ice
It's been a while since I've posted.. Haven't been too much into skating lately. ;)

Anyway. I don't know if Elena B and Steven is such a bad thing. It's just such as life. Don't know Steven and really don't know anything about him, and Elena just only been a fan and from what little I could tell she's a sweet peaceful person. :)

Denise..