Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cohen "News"

Down With It

Cohen "News"

well, "news". She posted in her journal that she produced a new program, "West Side Story" and her new short (?) is GBA. I assume this is for the upcoming Marshall's "competition" this weekend.

Lovin' the Kween ... Now and Forever
    Well, GBA was what she did on tour this past year (it has vocals), so I'm assuming she will have something else if she decides to compete at Nationals.

I figure we should get a fairly good idea if she's in shape for Nats when we see her on Sunday.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    I'm excited about her choice of WSS. It is wonderful music and she will look great in it. I have to admit I am "seeing" her in the Jerome Robbins choreography which is not very likely to happen. But I'm sure she'll be fantastic!

Custom Title
    Figures she is repeating a program. Why does she always do this? Can't she come up with something new and creative for a SP? At least it's not Dark Eyes though (zzzzzzzzzzzz). I hope her new LP is good though. We need something new from Cohen

An LP and an SP!!

If there are no vocals, this could be a Nationals test. Since the 'show' is tinged with competition, I think at least there will be something of interest to see at this cheesefest. We saw the others at Campbells. Will it be enough to put us in prediction mode without Rachel Flatt?

Joe

Down With It
    This brings up questions as to the format of this "competition", though. Is there an SP and an FS performed? Why would she prepare an SP exclusively to GBA? (I imagine it wouldn't fly for a serious competitive program.)

Anyone know the format of this thing (whether you skate an SP/FS or just exhibition pieces)?

Down With It
    I've seen that already and it still doesn't answer my question as to what the skaters will actually be performing. However, looking back at it, it looks like the same exact thing is happening- Kurt will do his thing "on the ice", and then we have that "panel of judges" of Dick, Peggy and Peter again. What could they possibly say differently this time? Do we really need them? How about getting some non-skaters in there to "refresh" things a bit? Or just eliminate it.

Sorry. I thought you were asking for the format which is on the link.

Down With It
    I really liked Alyssa in the last phone-in. Too bad she fell. I probably would have picked her if she hadn't fallen.

This time, I don't know. I don't find Kimmie an inspiring show skater AT ALL, and Emily has the "pizazz" but not the whole package. Cohen can either be really on (think DROMP last time) or really zzzzzzzz (think R&J or just about any FS she's done).

ETA: I doubt this is "nationals preparation". I think these are just show programs. Note that she doesn't state anywhere that WSS is a freeskate. I think that folks that might be reading this and getting their hopes up that she'll appear at nationals are going to be disappointed.
    Last edited by R.D.; 12-08-2006 at 06:56 PM.

I have a feeling that Sasha's "short program" to God Bless America will be a lot like her COI exhibition number to the same music.

I hope Katy Taylor has solved her new boot problems and will be in competitive shape.

Custom Title
    I think you can forget about Sasha at Nationals. She sure isn't going to Nationals with "God Bless America" as a SP. Her journal made it plain that her two programs were choreographed for MARSHALL'S. It's one thing to have new/semi-new exhibition programs, but I am sure that the West Side Story program she's preparing for Marshall's is not a 7-triple extravaganza.

Down With It
    Plus, it's not going to be judged under Cop so why go all out? Unless she was SERIOUS about nats that would be a waste. But then even the injured Kwan at least attempted a few jumps last year. I don't think we'll see Cohen jumping more than twice in either program if she does jump at all.

A fully-trained, well-prepared, healthy Cohen could be a good thing for this Nats competition which would otherwise only have Meissner as a top competitor. However, Cohen in any other condition would be more of an embarrassment and in that case she'd better stay at home- look what happened at Worlds this past year. In any case I think Meissner has the fire and determination and will win the competition regardless of whether or not Cohen can find her way to the arena.

Banned
    Meissner has had a relatively dissapointing Grand Prix season. I wouldnt send the panic buttons, and feel too concerned if I were a fan, but all the same she is challengable right now. She had a reasonably good showing at Skate America, but then a very dissapointing second event. I think she would be vurnerable to a fully trained Cohen right now. Cohen would still whip her on PCS scores I would predict, and if Meissner did not hit all her jumps Cohen could come close to her on TES scores even without a clean performance of her own(which she rarely does even fully trained)as well. Of course Cohen wont show up at Nationals at all probably, let alone fully trained and ready so it is a moot point.

Wylie speculates that Kimmie is a late season bloomer.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast