Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My final thoughts on Marshalls.

Custom Title

My final thoughts on Marshalls.

My final observation is simpy this: the only skating event to be shown on ABC is Marshalls cheesefest? And they wonder why the popularity of skating has declined?

Down With It
    Didn't they show Campbell's and 3 GP events also?

So, who did you all vote for? Did you know you could vote over and over if you cleared your cookies?

I voted for John and Rene three times and for Katy twice (just so she would get at least two votes ), then I voted for Johnny three times and Emily twice, then I voted for Sasha in the finals.

Programs I liked best: Inoue and Baldwin's first skate, Evan's Ave Maria, Johnny's My Way, Emily's Proud Mary and Sasha's God Bless America.

Down With It
    I didn't know about the cookie-clearning feature but I already placed a burden on my computer by capturing the live footage to my hard drive as it was airing.

I voted for Cohen in the West round, Kimmie in the East Round, and Cohen again in the Final round.

A red blooded American guy like me would never vote in a figure skating contest.

Joe

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    I voted for Johnny both times.

Custom Title
    I voted for Emily and Evan. In the final I tried to vote Kimmie but was told the number I called wasn't working. I tried to call back, but the resulfs session was already starting. Not much time to vote!!!!!

Custom Title
    I voted for Evan, Johnny and Johnny. I thought Johnny's fantastic skating was the only thing that made this program worth watching. JMHO.

all we got was flipping audio for the entire thing... UUUUGGGGHHHHH

that and I was at church when it aired so I couldn't vote lol

Custom Title
    As far as SKATING is concerned, Johnny and Kimmie won this "competition", and Cohen came in last.

I hated the music Kimmie chose, but she did some real hard-core skating. So did Johnny, and both of Johnny's programs were great.

"West Side Story" had two jumps: a double axel and a double salchow, and the salchow was double-footed. Dancing on toe picks and standing in one place posing for 1/4 of a program is not figure skating. "God Bless America" is pure cheese, and I didn't like it any better at Marshall's than I did at COI this summer.

It was a foregone conclusion that Sasha would win no matter how she skated, but I had hoped for something better than this. Skate at Nationals? Not if she doesn't want to be humiliated.

Custom Title
    Didn't get to vote since I was skating myself at the time, but after watching the tape, I thought Sasha and Emily both did great jobs.
    Tanith and Ben's Tango was pretty good, too, but the music sucked.
    There's lots of good Tangos, this was not one of them.
    Happy to see Johnny back from Fairyland and in an almost normal costume.
    Had I voted, Katy would've been the chosen one, and yes, it's because she is so damn cute!!!

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
    Didn't get to vote since I was skating myself at the time, but after watching the tape, I thought Sasha and Emily both did great jobs.
    Tanith and Ben's Tango was pretty good, too, but the music sucked.
    There's lots of good Tangos, this was not one of them.
    Happy to see Johnny back from Fairyland and in an almost normal costume.
    Had I voted, Katy would've been the chosen one, and yes, it's because she is so damn cute!!!
    And I was happy to see Johnny back IN Fairyland! I voted Sasha, Johnny, Sasha. After I saw his Swan I didn't think I could vote for Sasha over him, but then her GBA was just perfect. I agree re: T&B's tango music. Ick.

I was so expecting Johnny to throw in that elusive quad. He just seemed so ON. His My Way blew me away and I didn't even use to like that program much.

Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar
    John and Rena, Evan, Kimmie, and Johnny all did great programs. Everyone else judt didn't do it for me. I was waiting for emily hughes to let loose and go wild during "proud mary" but she never did it. I felt like kurt really put sasha on the spot. I don't believe she ready for nationals.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    I voted for Sasha, Johnny, and Sasha

Dee

Custom Title
    First round, Evan got my vote in the west, and Johnny in the east. Of course, their programs were not on the same level. Johnny skated his heart out, the best My Way I've ever seen. Even though Sasha's WSS was so beautiful, it seemed too slow. The second round, Sasha got the vote. She was perfect.

I like B&A but this time it seemed they had more emotion but no speed. Over all, I enjoyed it because Johnny and Sasha were in there.
    Last edited by jennylovskt; 12-16-2006 at 09:56 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast