Thread: Yamaguchi Friends & Family reviews

Custom Title

Yamaguchi Friends & Family reviews

First report from Kristi show can be read at:

http://p198.ezboard.com/fkulikskrewo...icID=801.topic

The review includes something about every skater.

Custom Title
    Here are the first photos by Laurie from the show (there will be more later):

http://www.kuliks-krew.com:80/photos...how%2006.shtml

Of course they are mainly of Ilia, but Katia, Daria and Liza appear in several of them and one is of Scott Hamilton with Liza.

NBC airdate: Sunday, January 14, 2007 (4:00 to 6:00 p.m. EST)
    Last edited by Jaana; 12-17-2006 at 11:41 PM.

[CENTER]Whoa, THIS picture is scary. Sergei Grinkov reincarnated as a 14 year old girl.[/CENTER]

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by IDLERACER View Post
    [CENTER]Whoa, THIS picture is scary. Sergei Grinkov reincarnated as a 14 year old girl.[/CENTER]
    I had the same reaction!!! Now that she's taller than her mother, it seems even more eerie!!!!

Custom Title
    Well, I don´t think there is anything eerie or scary in that photo or in the fact that Daria continues to resemble her father. She always has! Girls often do, and so does little Liza and the daughter of Michael Weiss, etc. Unlike with e.g. them Daria´s father has died. That fact though does not make Daria or any photo of her look scary, in my opinion. That photo shows (as well as the other photos) a happy looking teenager with her family.
    Last edited by Jaana; 12-18-2006 at 03:31 AM.

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    Can we get a big old AWWW, for Katia in those piggy tails. That is just adorable.

Custom Title

Daria

I thought the same thing - boy she looks like her dad!! Katia must just give birth to girls who look exactly like their fathers, cuz Liza looks just like Ilia!!! Beautiful girls!

Looking like either one of those guys could *never* be a bad thing!

Thanks for the links. Daria and her sister are adorable.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    Well, I don´t think there is anything eerie or scary in that photo or in the fact that Daria continues to resemble her father. She always has! Girls often do, and so does little Liza and the daughter of Michael Weiss, etc. Unlike with e.g. them Daria´s father has died. That fact though does not make Daria or any photo of her look scary, in my opinion. That photo shows (as well as the other photos) a happy looking teenager with her family.
    Ummm... no one is saying Daria looks scary, I don't know how you got that from our posts. It's more a personal reaction to how much she looks like her father. I thought it was eerie because now that she is taller than her mother, and they're standing side by side, for a brief moment, it could almost be Sergei.

Daria has always looked like Sergei and I'm sure Katia would not change that. What amazed me is how much she has grown this past year? She was not taller than Katia last year - I don't even think they were the same height.

On one of the posts in that 1st link, it mentioned that Daria may have switched to Rhythmic Gymnastics. Can anyone confirm?

Minusaramadad from Arctaroon John King's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    Daria has always looked like Sergei and I'm sure Katia would not change that. What amazed me is how much she has grown this past year? She was not taller than Katia last year - I don't even think they were the same height.

On one of the posts in that 1st link, it mentioned that Daria may have switched to Rhythmic Gymnastics. Can anyone confirm?
    Well,that was referring to her much younger.Remember that Katia based her 'Ribbon' program after Daria's rhythmic gymnastics,and that was years ago.Lots of skater vacilate between gymnastics and skating when starting out(Cohen,Bonaly).My guess is that she's settled on skating.