Sasha Cohen in CSI | Golden Skate

Sasha Cohen in CSI

She did a commendable job for what she had to do. I presume y'all saw it.

It was fun to watch Sasha playing hockey with brooms but then it leads her to the victim of a murder.

Later one of the suspects explains how he watched the victim doing 3x2s and thinks he found what was wrong with the second jump. One sees Sasha as the double doing her combos.

finally the mother of the victim reminisces of her dead daughter figure skating in which they use Sasha for the actual elements.

I think there is talent there but it needs a lot of schooling in acting.

Joe

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
I watched it

Just two or three scenes of Sasha. I tried to remember what jumps she did. Maybe a 3lz+2toe in the middle? or 3t+2t by the end?

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
That's OK, I am importing her scenes now.

Didn't know this was "edge Material. Thought as she was acting in this I posted it in Le Cafe. You could delete that if you want mods.

We'll see what the jumps were.

btw, I have dropped my Norman Rockwell snowglobe a few times, they do not break that easy. LOL.

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Joe, I thought she did a commendable job too. Some of the so called seasoned actors need schooling in acting. She did good!! I loved the ending.

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Joe, I thought she did a commendable job too. Some of the so called seasoned actors need schooling in acting. She did good!! I loved the ending.

Dee

:agree: Nothing better or worse so far - still watching - than any of the "bit" actors they have on these shows from my experience.

MKFSfan

Medalist
I watched the episode, too, and I think the investigators were going to ask her what the "formula" could be, and as they saw her practicing the 3toe/2toe, they realized what it meant. I don't think she was filling in as a double for "Mackenzie" but was practicing as "Krista."

I don't usually watch this show, and I'm not a fan of these actors, but I tuned in since it was Sasha and a skating storyline. I thought Sasha did a great job! Didn't like her hair with all those curly pieces hanging, but loved the dress. The little review in her journal said the color was supposed to give clues throughout the show, or having some sort of meaning, but that was lost on me as I watched. The color with the ice and the lighting worked very well together, but otherwise, not sure what the significance of lavender was.

iloveaxel-Sasha did not do 3lutz. I could be wrong and it was a 3salchow not a 3toe but I didn't replay it. When they showed "Krista" competing, I think she did a 2salchow, otherwise she had a bad wrap on that jump!

I've commented before how I feel Sasha skates with a "snowglobe effect", so I got a big kick out of the ending where they show Sasha skating and then sort of blend it to see a skater wearing lavender in a snowglobe!

Last edited:

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
iloveaxel-Sasha did not do 3lutz. I could be wrong and it was a 3salchow not a 3toe but I didn't replay it. When they showed "Krista" competing, I think she did a 2salchow, otherwise she had a bad wrap on that jump!

I've commented before how I feel Sasha skates with a "snowglobe effect", so I got a big kick out of the ending where they show Sasha skating and then sort of blend it to see a skater wearing lavender in a snowglobe!

She probably only spoke two or three sentences. I was totally lost in the second storyline(the skater's death), it had nothing to do with the main storyline. Looks like it's used to show case Sasha. All I am interested now is what jumps she did. LOL.

Anyway, she's a better actress than Tara.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
How observant! Do I need to continue recording, or is she done. And Mathman, why didn't you think of that???:laugh: You are still my prime suspect.:laugh:

MKFSfan

Medalist
She probably only spoke two or three sentences. I was totally lost in the second storyline(the skater's death), it had nothing to do with the main storyline. Looks like it's used to show case Sasha. All I am interested now is what jumps she did. LOL.

Anyway, she's a better actress than Tara.

I suppose you are not familiar with CSI. Usually there are 2 storylines/cases happening at once, and they don't always coincide with each other. Most of the time, there is one main case (tonight's was the deaf family murder) and a side case that isn't quite as high profiled (tonight's was the dead skater case.) I don't watch CSI:NY, but with the Las Veags one, and even from what I've scene of Miami, usually 2 detectives are assigned to a case. It's less confusing that way so that 1 detective is not investigating both cases.

Seanibu-you don't have to stop recording because at the end, there is a minute or two of Sasha skating. They show clips of a program in which Sasha does an OE spiral, spread eagle, I-spin, beillmann spiral, Russian split, some dancy, twirly moves and poses, which some are very reminiscent of R&J, like the hands clasped at her heart, looking forlon. I liked her end pose, very fitting of music and as a tribute to her character's friend.

Last edited:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Glad I didn't either, 2 good RS and I want that Snowglobe!!!!!!! Her hair, love it. Much like Fumie NHK and SC must confess. Goodness Sasha is truly a beautiful lady, and YES the hands are to die for - gorgeous!:love: :love: :love:

R.D.

Record Breaker
huh? I missed this, but then again I don't watch CSI and I probably wouldn't have watched it anyway just because Cohen was in it. Maybe if someone posts a video later I'll take a look at it.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
huh? I missed this, but then again I don't watch CSI and I probably wouldn't have watched it anyway just because Cohen was in it. Maybe if someone posts a video later I'll take a look at it.

I'll compress, I digress - And youtube will be the view, even though I want to spew - on YT's resolution.

Not too many have luck with my vids anymore. I think some sharing sites are cracking down on my IP address. It was fine at first, and I haven't changed anything, but it seems they have. OOPS. I think it was my brother in laws copyrights for his photos (he s accomplished in the rodeo arena) that he put on the original pics of my nephew, I had to ask him to remove so I could share. But now it might be to late for this IP.

The show....not a fan still. But Sasha's beauty is not to be missed. Great views of the NY sky line IMO. I love the Chrysler building.:agree:

Last edited:

MKFSfan

Medalist
I just realized that Sasha's website listed Marlee Matlin as playing Mackenzie. She had her own storyline and nothing to do with the skating one. I guess they don't know who this actress is!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Sasha was good. When I realized how small her role was I almost turned it off, not a fan of this show I am glad I kept watching otherwise I would have missed the ending. Sasha looked lovely skating in her last scene, great dress and hair.