Sasha Cohen in CSI | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Sasha Cohen in CSI

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I never watch this show, but noticed Sasha Cohen in the credits at the start so stayed tuned. Unfortunately, I fell asleep about half way through so missed most of the ending - just saw Sasha skating and the snow globe ending. I thought it was well done the way they tied the two stories together - as though Sasah is the skater in the snow globe.

I thought she did a pretty convincing acting job. Maybe there is a future for her in tv?

Way to go Sasah!
:biggrin:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I agree, wasn't "good" - but I don't think it would classify as bad JMO. I thought, why is she not screaming or just flipping out. Seem to take the death of her best friend rather lightly.

Maybe that's because she was not only a friend but also a competitor????! :rolleye:

Joe is right that the murdered skater also skates in the show. I have no idea who she is. Did anyone see the credits?
I do think the mother of the murdered girl visualizes her daughter skating in that globe. Of course, the hi level skating was Sasha dressed like her but the last scratch spin and endiing was not Sasha.

Joe

MKFSfan

Medalist
Here you go - giving credit where it is due, Thanks MKFSfan!

No, that was not Marlee Matlin. Marlee was not in the skating storyline. She was basically the reason this episode was titled "Silent Night" because she is a deaf actress, and she was playing a mother who is deaf, and who's daughter was murdered. This is Marlee:
http://www.marleeonline.com/

She was the woman holding the baby and looking in the snowglobe at the very end of the show. She was NOT the mother of the murdered girl who was a skater. That murdered girl's mother was not shown, AFAIK. There were two completely different storlines and I believe the ending was just a way to blend together the storylines to have a pretty ending (Sasha skating, grandma/baby looking at snowglobe that was shook.)

I have no idea who the skater/girl playing "Mackenzie" is.

Last edited:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
No, that was not Marlee Matlin. Marlee was not in the skating storyline. She was basically the reason this episode was titled "Silent Night" ...

Ok, sorry, I didn't read the whole post, I feel like a hypocrite, but I personally didn't care that much who it was.
BUT.. I felt bad so I went and found out for anyone interested, who Played "Mackenzie Wade" i.e. Sasha's "Krista Palmer" best friend in the episode Silent Night of CSI NY, which I still don't really like all that much. Well at least not as much as CSI LV.
Anyhoo, it is Lisa Marie Zaura.
http://www.tv.com/lisa-marie-zaura/person/335512/summary.html

Sorry again for not reading thoroughly. I am likely more mad at myself then anyone is at me, but it wasn't as easy as I thought to find out.

Last edited:

MKFSfan

Medalist
Don't be mad at yourself! You just misread AND you found out who the actress is! So, good job! :thumbsup:

If the mother of the murdered girl did not look into a globe and see skating, what was the point of having that sequence?

Joe

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
If the mother of the murdered girl did not look into a globe and see skating, what was the point of having that sequence?

Joe

I thought that is what she saw, and it was my impression that it was to tie the two story lines together and to add closure to the mom. But .... "Thinkibu."

It wasn't the same mother! We never saw the mother of the murdered skater.

This was the deaf mother of the murdered deaf girl. There was really no reason for her to look at the snow globe. Maybe it reminded her of her daughter because the figurine represented a young girl in winter (could be an image of death, actually). It was a totally artifical way of tying the two unrelated stories together.

The show was really not very well done. It was pretty confusing with the two teen girl murder victims and with Sasha in the mix for no apparent reason except to show off... I kept thinking she must be the murderer! Especially toward the beginning when they pointed out that the murdered deaf girl had struggled with her attacker for some reason. I thought "Aha! Because it was Sasha and she's just a skinny little thing!" but then I wondered, "Why would Sasha - oops, national-champion-skatergirl-Krista - murder a deaf girl???" And then Sasha discovers another dead girl and I start wondering if Sasha's playing a serial killer....

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
:agree: I think Sasha or Mathman:laugh: would have been more interesting. But Sasha's performance was "quality," but maybe not "top." I think that was the director's flaw.

MKFSfan

Medalist

Joe

I don't think we were supposed to think the mother (Marlee) was remembering skating. "Krista" was skating in some sort of competition (regionals supposedly) and when she was done, struck a pose, that was the end to that particular storyline. Then, to end the other storyline, they had the picture of Krista blur and form into what we saw inside the snowglobe-a skater posing and snow falling in it. At the beginning, there was a snowglobe that broke, whether it had a figureskater in it or something else, I don't know, but the new snowglobe happened to have a skater wearing purple in it.

Really, there is no deeper meaning. Just was what it was!

IDLERACER

Medalist
I just watched the YouTube clip. My impression of this is exactly the same as my impression of Tara Lipinski's performance on "Still Standing." She was as good as anyone else on the show, which isn't saying much. Acting on television sucks, which is why the only shows I watch these days are Fox's Sunday night cartoon line-up. :sheesh:

Lucy25

Final Flight
Sasha has posted a new journal and says she was disappointed to see that she was cut from some scenes.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well, you'll always have deleted scenes. She shouldn't be offended by that. It's done to everybody.