Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Some practice news

  1. #1
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    394

    Some practice news

    I caught the end of the dance practice, Den/Sta, Dub/Lau and Dom/Sha looked good. It's the first time I saw new Dub/Lau OD and it's much better than the first version, more like their FD from several years back... But clearly not as well rehearsed as the dances from two other teams... Or may be they aren't morning persons.

  2. #2
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    394
    Men practice was hit and miss. The only consistent skater was Joubert. Oda did a runthrough without jumps, Takahashi did a runthrough with jumps, but he was falling on something (may be a quad attempt for LP) over and over at one spot. Weir was chasing 3A all the practice popping most of the attempts to doubles. I haven't seen him land any triples, but I haven't seen the entire practice. Preaubert looked Ok, Lysacek took a really hard-looking fall on 3A attempt.

  3. #3
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    I caught the end of the dance practice, Den/Sta, Dub/Lau and Dom/Sha looked good. It's the first time I saw new Dub/Lau OD and it's much better than the first version, more like their FD from several years back... But clearly not as well rehearsed as the dances from two other teams... Or may be they aren't morning persons.

    Thanks Anna for the reports. Did you get to see any of the first group of dancers?
    Did D/L also change their OD music?

  4. #4
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    394
    No I haven't seen the first group and I missed ladies, because we are trying to figure out the internet access at the press center.

    I was told D&L changed the music and the dance did look different from what I remember from the SC clip. OTOH, they might have changes the choreography alone.

    And I "complimented" Weir, because he was actually popping 3A to singles, not to doubles :(

  5. #5
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    No I haven't seen the first group and I missed ladies, because we are trying to figure out the internet access at the press center.

    I was told D&L changed the music and the dance did look different from what I remember from the SC clip. OTOH, they might have changes the choreography alone.

    And I "complimented" Weir, because he was actually popping 3A to singles, not to doubles :(
    Thanks for the reports. Wish I was there.

  6. #6
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    I caught the end of the dance practice, Den/Sta, Dub/Lau and Dom/Sha looked good. It's the first time I saw new Dub/Lau OD and it's much better than the first version, more like their FD from several years back... But clearly not as well rehearsed as the dances from two other teams... Or may be they aren't morning persons.
    Anna, Thank you sooooo much for the report!! I am so happy to here that Albena& Maxim danced well... I wish Albena&Maxim, Isabelle&Oli and Dom&S success.

  7. #7
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    Men practice was hit and miss. The only consistent skater was Joubert. Oda did a runthrough without jumps, Takahashi did a runthrough with jumps, but he was falling on something (may be a quad attempt for LP) over and over at one spot. Weir was chasing 3A all the practice popping most of the attempts to doubles. I haven't seen him land any triples, but I haven't seen the entire practice. Preaubert looked Ok, Lysacek took a really hard-looking fall on 3A attempt.

    I've heard by the other report that takashi was trying to jump 4F over and over again (that is why he couldnt jump easily)

  8. #8
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    394
    May be, I only start to pay attention after he crushed for 4th or 5th time right in front of me. Certainly looked like quad attempt of a sort.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    May be, I only start to pay attention after he crushed for 4th or 5th time right in front of me. Certainly looked like quad attempt of a sort.
    Thanks so much!!! Will you be able to do pbp later? CCTV5 is perhaps going to ditch today's live broadcast coverage, we are counting on you.

    Thanks again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •