Some practice news | Golden Skate

Some practice news

Anna

On the Ice
I caught the end of the dance practice, Den/Sta, Dub/Lau and Dom/Sha looked good. It's the first time I saw new Dub/Lau OD and it's much better than the first version, more like their FD from several years back... But clearly not as well rehearsed as the dances from two other teams... Or may be they aren't morning persons.

Anna

On the Ice
Men practice was hit and miss. The only consistent skater was Joubert. Oda did a runthrough without jumps, Takahashi did a runthrough with jumps, but he was falling on something (may be a quad attempt for LP) over and over at one spot. Weir was chasing 3A all the practice popping most of the attempts to doubles. I haven't seen him land any triples, but I haven't seen the entire practice. Preaubert looked Ok, Lysacek took a really hard-looking fall on 3A attempt.

rufan

Spectator
I caught the end of the dance practice, Den/Sta, Dub/Lau and Dom/Sha looked good. It's the first time I saw new Dub/Lau OD and it's much better than the first version, more like their FD from several years back... But clearly not as well rehearsed as the dances from two other teams... Or may be they aren't morning persons.

Thanks Anna for the reports. Did you get to see any of the first group of dancers?
Did D/L also change their OD music?

Anna

On the Ice
No I haven't seen the first group and I missed ladies, because we are trying to figure out the internet access at the press center.

I was told D&L changed the music and the dance did look different from what I remember from the SC clip. OTOH, they might have changes the choreography alone.

And I "complimented" Weir, because he was actually popping 3A to singles, not to doubles :(

rufan

Spectator
No I haven't seen the first group and I missed ladies, because we are trying to figure out the internet access at the press center.

I was told D&L changed the music and the dance did look different from what I remember from the SC clip. OTOH, they might have changes the choreography alone.

And I "complimented" Weir, because he was actually popping 3A to singles, not to doubles :(

Thanks for the reports. Wish I was there.

lanadd

On the Ice

Anna, Thank you sooooo much for the report!!:clap: :clap: I am so happy to here that Albena& Maxim danced well...:rock: I wish Albena&Maxim, Isabelle&Oli and Dom&S success.

angelika

Spectator
Men practice was hit and miss. The only consistent skater was Joubert. Oda did a runthrough without jumps, Takahashi did a runthrough with jumps, but he was falling on something (may be a quad attempt for LP) over and over at one spot. Weir was chasing 3A all the practice popping most of the attempts to doubles. I haven't seen him land any triples, but I haven't seen the entire practice. Preaubert looked Ok, Lysacek took a really hard-looking fall on 3A attempt.

I've heard by the other report that takashi was trying to jump 4F over and over again (that is why he couldnt jump easily)

Anna

On the Ice
May be, I only start to pay attention after he crushed for 4th or 5th time right in front of me. Certainly looked like quad attempt of a sort.

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
May be, I only start to pay attention after he crushed for 4th or 5th time right in front of me. Certainly looked like quad attempt of a sort.

Thanks so much!!! Will you be able to do pbp later? CCTV5 is perhaps going to ditch today's live broadcast coverage, we are counting on you.

Thanks again.