Anna

On the Ice
Khokhlova/Novitsky, Tango Jalousie

Sp, he sit, she B., he stand, she upsidedown split
SBS, weird patter more of serpantine along the long axis
SlLi,, he spread, she upside down
DiSt
RoLi, she hangs of his neck

They do not seem to have the power of the top teams and their flow was somewhat lacking (but OTOH I think everyone except for DenSta did notnhave a good flow either). But it is a very original original dance.

Gregory/Petukhov, La Cumprasita, Tanguera

SBS, Tw out of unison, not sure if they did the same number of rotations
SlLi, change of pose for her
Sp, very "wide" hB, not sure if she met "less than 2 blade lengths or whatever
DiSt
RoLi, 1 hand, slow

Very weak. I thought Kh&N did not "belong", but they "belong" even less. Her posture is very bad and their (her) expression is just sooo artificial and trying too hard that it almost look like a parody.

Delobel/Schoenfelder, Tango Volver

SBS,
Sp, painful bielman and b2h
SlLi, low balance one
DiSt
RoLi, change of pose

I thought they lacked their usual flow and "easiness" of movement, OTOH they edgework is so perfect that even a no-nothings about dance like me might probably read their steps if I concentrate hard enough because their edges are so pronounced

Domnina/Shabalin, Piazzolla Tango

SBS, she had to check for balance on one of the tw, but recovered
SlLi, nice balance lift, she "wrap" her leg around his
Sp, ok
DiSt
RoLi, she in half-donut

Overall they skated better in Moscow, or may be it's just me, unaccostumed to seeing dance from so far above that the dances fell flat. Well, at least they did have a good flow and shape.

Dubreil/Lauzon, Le Vos de Buenos Aires

SBS, tw out of sych
SlLi, she stands on his hip
Sp, sit, layback
DiSt
RoLi, cool one with change of position and very appropriate for tango

Nice lines, good understated expression. Well done, but it could use more flow and smoothness.

Denkova/Staviisky, Libertangoa

SBS, nice flow, the only one of six teams
SlLi, "kiss lift"
Sp, ok
DiSt, she had a stumble toward the end
RoLi, 1hand, still slow, labored and unattractive

Choreographically, in terms of number of transitions and so on its a cut above the rest, but they did made a mistake

lanadd

On the Ice
Dubreil/Lauzon, Le Vos de Buenos Aires

SBS, tw out of sych
SlLi, she stands on his hip
Sp, sit, layback
DiSt
RoLi, cool one with change of position and very appropriate for tango

Nice lines, good understated expression. Well done, but it could use more flow and smoothness.

Denkova/Staviisky, Libertangoa

SBS, nice flow, the only one of six teams
SlLi, "kiss lift"
Sp, ok
DiSt, she had a stumble toward the end
RoLi, 1hand, still slow, labored and unattractive

Choreographically, in terms of number of transitions and so on its a cut above the rest, but they did made a mistake

Anna as i read you report,looks like you have seen the total lack of unison in the D/L twizzles. Isn't this also a mistake?

Anna

On the Ice
Anna as i read you report,looks like you have seen the total lack of unison in the D/L twizzles. Isn't this also a mistake?

They got level 3 for their Tw, so it might have been something "deductable", I don't rememeber the dance rules by heart. They got positive GOE on it, though.

lanadd

On the Ice
They got level 3 for their Tw, so it might have been something "deductable", I don't rememeber the dance rules by heart. They got positive GOE on it, though.

oh the positive GOE-sounds reallyyyy fair