3L2T
    3F
    CCoSp, twisted upright
    SpSt, coe, fan, bi hB
    FSSp, tw
    SlSt
    2A
    LSp, b2h

She is very smmoth and light and by the way things are looking now, she can just walk away with the European title, unless either Kostner or Poykio finally get their head "straight"

Suguri, Bolero

3L2T
    3F
    LSp, side, classical, b2h
    SpSt, no speed at the end, Y directly to
    1A
    FSSp
    CCoSp, stumbled on entry, I think she hasn't held the camel long enough
    SlSt

I cannot see how she deseved higher PCS than Meier. But then I never really liked her.

Kim, Tango de Roxane

3F3T, effortless
    SpSt, fan out of nowhere to coe
    FSSp
    3L
    SlSt, good speed and flow
    LSp
    2A, out of ina bauer
    CCoSp, somewhat shaky positions

Good program and she beamed after she landed 3-3. But I felt she skated better in Paris, with more attack and abandon. She said her back started to hurt two weeks ago for no reason and the doctors still cannot say why.

Asada, Nocturne

3L
    3F3R
    SpSt
    2A
    CCoSp, incl. forward attitude
    SlSt
    FSSp
    LSp

Just perfect. You'd never guess she has the hardest technical content in business from the way she does those elements. The only (but glaring) problem is her flutz. I mean the planned content sheet has 3L as her solo jump, then she completed it, I was "huh, did she change it?", after she did the combo "well, I suppose she didn't".

Sebetyen, Serenade

2F
    3L2T
    FCSp, somewhat risky position a-la Bielmann, but her body is parallel to the ice, while she pull the blade up
    SpSt
    1A
    LSp
    CiSt
    CCoSp

She was truly outclassed here. And after Asada her attempt on lyrical simply doesn't "cut". Not what I thought it was a "suitable" program for her to begin with.

Ando, Scheherezade

3L3R
    3F
    LSp
    2A
    SpSt
    FSSp
    SlSt, minor stumble
    CCoSp

Much improved compared to Paris, more power, more attack, but she said at the press-conference that she felt nervous and tight and didn't really skate her best.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    I cannot see how she deseved higher PCS than Meier. But then I never really liked her.

You are not alone.

At least one European is in the mix for a podium finish. I do think it will be an Asian finish though.

Joe

Custom Title
    Unless one of the Asians bomb there is no way Meier can match their base marks without even a simplest 3-3.

Go NJ Devils
    Unless one of the Asians bomb there is no way Meier can match their base marks without even a simplest 3-3.
    Which is a shame, because Suguri doesn't have a 3/3 either, and she gets, IMO, ridiculous PCS for not-so-great stroking and for "interpretation" on weak programs like Bolero.

Custom Title
    I meant the other three Asians (three are enough to keep Meier off the podium): Asada, Kim and Ando do have 3-3, generally superior spins and more convincing presentation... I agree beating Suguri should be within her reach, but it's up to judges.

Banned
    I meant the other three Asians (three are enough to keep Meier off the podium): Asada, Kim and Ando do have 3-3, generally superior spins and more convincing presentation... I agree beating Suguri should be within her reach, but it's up to judges.
    Nowadays, a simple 3toe-3toe won't even cut. The base value for 3t+3t is less than 3f(lz)+2t(lo)+2t(lo).

You have to own a 3f(3lz) + 3sth in order to be competitive.

Tripping on the Podium
    "generally superior spins"

And I thought spins was something Sarah was really good at.

/Lena

Custom Title
    She is good, but I think both Asada and Kim are better. More revolutions, better positions etc.

It seems funny to me that four of the six ladies choose music that Michelle Kwan skated to in the last few years (Aranjuez, Bolero, Roxane and Sheherezade).

Tripping on the Podium
    "More revolutions, better positions etc."

Not Asada in her LP (but ine her SP yes), at least not the GP ones I saw on youtube.

/Lena