3T
2FTw
SpSt
FCCoSp, he stumbled and put a foot down
PCoSp
4Li
Th3R, fall
BoDs

Overall a nice program from them, but I really wish they tried something else, I guess it's a least a third SP in the same style for them.... but at least it does work.

Savchenko/Szolkowy, Once Upon a time in Mexico

Th3F, high
3T, she doubled and stepped out
Tw3L, high
4Li from dance lift
BoDs,
PCoSp
FCCoSp, coe, sit
SpSq, good speed throughout

I've heard she had a serious bruise on her side from the fall in practice and it really hurts to try throws, but they did manage the throw... Nice power and attack throughout, great choreography, second best only to Shen&Zhao IMHO.

Inoue/Baldwin,

2A
Th3A, fall
SpSt
Tw2L
CCoSp
4Li
BoDs, she skates under his leg, change of hold
PCoSp

Nice flow throughout a program, but not much of character, IMHO. OTOH, they said they skated their heart out, well, I guess we have to trust them on that.

Petrova/Tikhonov, Sarabande

Th3L, tough catch
3T, he doubles
Th3R, out of spiral
FCoSp, way out of unison, they tried to fix it, but to no avail
SpSt, forward coe, backward coe, nearly no speed in the end
BoDs, change of hold
PCoSp, seems to have some problems grabbing each other in the beginning.

Well, it's the third time I saw this program this year and it's not getting that much better. Somewhat better flow, but still don't like the last year "SlSt music" left and the fact that they do completely unrelated BoDs to it.

Zhang/Zhang, Spanish Caravan

Tw3L, high as usual
Th3R, good
3S
4Li
BoDs, he lost centering and had to change his pivot position (or that is what it looked like)
SpSt, he was really shaky in the first position
PCoSp

Class apart from the rest so far, because they are the only ones who complete the elements without visible effort, but I am not getting all the buzz about them and their PCS, for me they are sooo lacking in unison and pairness.

Shen/Zhao, Romanza

3T
Th3R
SpSt, nice flow
BoDs, change of hold
CCoSp, I think it will be level 1 as it had no feautres
3Tw, high
4Li, v. laboured take off, less expreinced team I think would have ended in a crush
PCoSp

Wow. Just wow. I really hope they won't retire aftet his year because there is no one even close to them in quality. And they, themselves, are the primar example of they it is so important to have someone who set the high starndart as an example. I mean without B&S and S&P they would have no reason to develop as much as they did, because their technical profieciency would have been enough, just like with Zhangs today.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Thanks to Anna and GS for the wonderful live reports!

Anna, in addition to your reports about program content, I really appreciate your "general impression" type comments. I never truly appreciated how different programs can be "live" until attending my first (and so far only) live Sr. event last January. There is a certain "IT" factor on the ice that trancends TV, comparison of technical elements, etc.

Thanks for providing your summary of the facts, but also your general impressions about the performances!

Have fun at the event - looking forward to your reports tomorrow.

Many Thanks,

DG