Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Evan Lysacek Injured at Grand Prix Final

All Hail Queen Yu-Na!!!!!! SailorGalaxia518's Avatar

News Evan Lysacek Injured at Grand Prix Final

Here is an article form U.S. Figure Skating:

http://www.usfsa.org/event_story.asp?id=37002

Not the droid you're looking for
    Noooooooo! This is horrible news. Here's hoping that Evan has a speedy and full recovery in time for Nationals.

not good at all... you can tell Evan is worried and disappoiinted, and with good reason

here's wishing you a speedy recovery, Evan!

Banned
    It is unfortunate the GP final is missing 2 of the top contenders with Lambiel and Lysacek both out. Hopefuly his injury is not too serious and he is ready for U.S Nationals. Even if he is not he will be given a bye to Worlds I bet.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by slutskayafan21 View Post
    It is unfortunate the GP final is missing 2 of the top contenders with Lambiel and Lysacek both out. Hopefuly his injury is not too serious and he is ready for U.S Nationals. Even if he is not he will be given a bye to Worlds I bet.
    Can anyone find rules for selection of the World team? I remember Nicole Bobek did not get a bye to Worlds back in 1996 when she missed the Nationals.

it depends on the situation... Michelle got a bye to the olympics, but she had to prove that she was 'worthy' of the spot.

Nicole was injured during nationals the year she got a bye, but had proven herself through out the season that she was capable of competing against teh other teams...

I think Evan could very well get a bye if he needed it based on his standings at the last two worlds, plus his season up to this point... at this point I think he's the stronger bet for a world medal than Johnny...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    it depends on the situation... Michelle got a bye to the olympics, but she had to prove that she was 'worthy' of the spot.

Nicole was injured during nationals the year she got a bye, but had proven herself through out the season that she was capable of competing against teh other teams...

I think Evan could very well get a bye if he needed it based on his standings at the last two worlds, plus his season up to this point... at this point I think he's the stronger bet for a world medal than Johnny...
    Also dont the U.S have 3 spots to Worlds? So of course he would get a bye, as if they are going to send Scott Smith AND Ryan Bradley over him for example. Even if there were 2 spots he would still get the bye IMO.

Neither Evan or Johnny are a good bet for a world medal though. Joubert, the 2 Japanese, and Lambiel are all over both of them. I would say Evan is the strongest chance, not a good bet.

Quote Originally Posted by slutskayafan21 View Post
    Neither Evan or Johnny are a good bet for a world medal though. Joubert, the 2 Japanese, and Lambiel are all over both of them. I would say Evan is the strongest chance, not a good bet.
    Check out US Nats coming up and take a look at Steven Carriere. That's what the US qualifiers are all about.

Joe

#$%&!

playing with words is all well and good but you basically said the same thing I did, slutskaya fan... bet/chance... either one works :rolleyes:

Custom Title
    Man...this sucks. I was starting to get into his skating since the Olys.

I will say a little prayer for him and hope he's better for the US Nationals.

Custom Title
    I'm sure he'll be fine by Nat's but, if he's not he'll def. get a bye for world's. He might have to have a test skate though but, I doubt it. He'd be an idiot not to compete at Nat's as much as I bet the USFSA wants him to win LOL. He could probably hobble in there on crutches and win.
    Last edited by Vodka Shot; 12-15-2006 at 09:37 PM.

Custom Title
    I hope Evan's injury is not serious, and he will recover in time.

I actually think if Evan cannot go to Nationals, it will put more pressure on Johnny to win. He has to win. Could Johnny bear this kind of pressure?

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    No.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Shot View Post
    I'm sure he'll be fine by Nat's but, if he's not he'll def. get a bye for world's. He might have to have a test skate though but, I doubt it. He'd be an idiot not to compete at Nat's as much as I bet the USFSA wants him to win LOL. He could probably hobble in there on crutches and win.
    Are you saying you think the USFSA favors Lysacek over Weir at this point? I had that feeling myself for a little less then a year but I get razzed on whenever I suggest it. Whether he does or not though his long program consistency and substance will be hard for Weir to compete with if he is healthy for Nationals.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast