Favorite skaters of current ladies? | Golden Skate

Favorite skaters of current ladies?

Fossi

Final Flight
Have the current ladies ever mentioned their favorite skaters or skaters they look up to?

For "past" skaters I know Sarah Hughes idolized Michelle Kwan and Kristi Yamaguchi.
Sasha's favorite skater was Tara Lipinski.
I think Michelle liked Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan :rofl:

What about the "current" ladies though? Kimmie? Yu-Na Kim? Mao Asado? Caroline Zhang? It would be interesting to know their favorites to see if they are similar to them.

Fossi

Final Flight
I read the Kim Yu-Na interview. She idolized Michelle Kwan and wants to be better than her. So there is one of them.

MKFSfan

Medalist
Caroline Zhang has listed Michelle as her idol.

Last season, Kimmie made a few comments that had her sounding as though she had a great deal of respect and admiration for Michelle, so I would say Michelle for Kimmie as well.

Mao idolizes Midori and has said to look up to Shizuka.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I read the Kim Yu-Na interview. She idolized Michelle Kwan and wants to be better than her.

you go girl :laugh: :cool: :yes:

IdolizED, though? As in she no longer idolizes her?

So many skaters seem to be modeling Kwan. She seems to have inspired a lot of young skaters both in the states and elsewhere.

chappy

Spectator
I read a article about Yuna Kim.. and the article mentioned she likes Sasha Cohen...

Fossi

Final Flight
Yu Na better not like Kwan and Sasha. We all know you can't be a fan of them both. What's wrong with that girl?:laugh: :chorus: :rofl:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Actually I think their styles of skating both lean toward the "artistic" and "expressive" side, so it's not a real big surprise. The only difference comes with showcase. Kwan's more inner, Cohen's more outer.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
IMO Michelle has set the standard for excellence in ladies figure skating whether you like her style on not, she has the medals to back it up. It does not surprise me that the newcomers would admire Michelle's many qualities and want to be like her. As for Sasha she is beautiful and graceful on the ice with a lot of good qualities to her skating so I can see her being admired also. It's all good.

namuday

Spectator
Though I don't think Yu Na idolizes a specific skater, many times she says she wants to be a skater to be remebered for a long time, like Michelle Kwan. She always says her goal is to perform a good program to be remebered and loved for a long time. I hope and believe she will be.

chappy

Spectator
YuNa's Skating is really grace, and that case, she resembles Michellle.
But Sasha's acrobatic(good spiral and spin positions.. and so forth), cute and animating performance is good too. Chances are YuNa may like that point. (just wondering ;; )