Olympians on Ice ~ UK Show with Russian stars! | Golden Skate

Olympians on Ice ~ UK Show with Russian stars!

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
This will be up North, so perfect for Ant, will you be going? :biggrin:

The World’s greatest skaters from the Torino Olympic Games are headed to Blackpool for the “must see ice event of the year!”

Evgeny Plushenko heads the cast of Olympic and World Champions in “Olympians on Ice – Stradivarius tour” and will perform live...

Also performing:
Irina Slutskaya
Tatiana Totmianina & Maxim Marinin
Tatiana Navka & Roman Kostomarov

Venue: Pleasure Beach Arena, Blackpool
Dates: Jan 19th to the 21st 2007
Link: http://www.olympiansonice.com/

Even though the dates clash with Euros in Warsaw, well done to the Blackpool Pleasure Beach and Amanda Thompson for hosting such a prestigious line-up of international skaters, sounds like a wonderful show is in prospect. :clap:

antmanb

Record Breaker
This will be up North, so perfect for Ant, will you be going? :biggrin:

The World’s greatest skaters from the Torino Olympic Games are headed to Blackpool for the “must see ice event of the year!”

Evgeny Plushenko heads the cast of Olympic and World Champions in “Olympians on Ice – Stradivarius tour” and will perform live...

Also performing:
Irina Slutskaya
Tatiana Totmianina & Maxim Marinin
Tatiana Navka & Roman Kostomarov

Venue: Pleasure Beach Arena, Blackpool
Dates: Jan 19th to the 21st 2007
Link: http://www.olympiansonice.com/

Even though the dates clash with Euros in Warsaw, well done to the Blackpool Pleasure Beach and Amanda Thompson for hosting such a prestigious line-up of international skaters, sounds like a wonderful show is in prospect. :clap:

:eek: :eek:

Oh my god! No i didn't realise that this was happening and i'm dying to see Pluschenko lie to see if it switches me on to his skating in anyway at all.

Thank you so much for posting the link i will try to get tickets and let you know how i get on!

Thanks so much La Rhumba :love:

Ant

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
You're welcome! :agree:

I hope you can get good tickets for the show, and will enjoy it. :)

Everything always happens up North as far as Skating in the UK is concerned!

Also don't forget they changed the date for the JGP in Sheffield to later in October, 2007, incase you want to book time off work now Ant! :biggrin:

http://www.iceskating.org.uk/

antmanb

Record Breaker
You're welcome! :agree:

I hope you can get good tickets for the show, and will enjoy it. :)

Everything always happens up North as far as Skating in the UK is concerned!

Also don't forget they changed the date for the JGP in Sheffield to later in October, 2007, incase you want to book time off work now Ant! :biggrin:

http://www.iceskating.org.uk/

Thanks for keeping me updated La Rhumba - i really appreciate it! I've got my tickets for the the Olympians on ice tour. i Couldn't quite justify the expense of the front row seats like i did for the NIC show so i went for the middle stalls...it sounds like a tiny venue anyway so i doubt there is bad visibility. I'm looking forward to actually seeing Pluschneko live so that i can see what people who rave about him mean...we'll see if i start to like him or not!

I'll leave my booking time off work til nearer the time for the JGP but will definitely be going to watch - it would be criminal to miss an opportunity to see an international that's just 35 miles from home!

Ant

ukicefan

Rinkside
I've just booked my tickets for the Olympians on Ice show, I'm going on 21 January & I've got second row seats. I'm really looking forward to it. I never thought I'd get the chance to see Plushenko skate in a live show.

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
That's great news! :)

Have fun, and looking forward to hearing both your impressions. :agree:

dansky

Spectator
Russian Acrobats and World Pro Champs Leonova & Kvalkho (awsome!) plus Gary Beacom will also be in the show!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I hope someone writes reports! I particularly want to hear whether seeing Plushenko live really changes antmanb's opinion of him.

But even more, I hope someone will take vids and post them on fsvids or youtube.

Is the event going to be televised anywhere?

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
For Ant, and other British Fans, NISA is supposedly relaunching their website to bring it into the 21st Century, and providing streaming of the British Ch. but as there's not too long to go, and nothing's happened yet, I shan't hold my breath, but keep an eye out JIC. ;)

antmanb

Record Breaker
I hope someone writes reports! I particularly want to hear whether seeing Plushenko live really changes antmanb's opinion of him.

But even more, I hope someone will take vids and post them on fsvids or youtube.

Is the event going to be televised anywhere?

Fear not i will gladly post my opinions and review of the show....as to posting vids and pics...i stand more chance of translating my review into japanese and russian since my technical skills are extremely limited!!

Ant