Same time as U.S. Nationals | Golden Skate

Same time as U.S. Nationals

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
I find this to be to coincidental that The Europeans are pretty much around the same time as the Nationals so January she be a very busy month. I can hardly wait

That's a big reason that there are not many American fans at Euros. It's the same every year. Reasons to go to Euros:

The Dance competition has at least 3 top teams.

The Pairs competition has German and Russian teams battling it out.

The Mens (you got it) Lambiel v. Joubert with Peaubert looking for one to melt.

The Ladies, well can Julia regain her former self over Sara? and watch out for Susanna.

Hope we get good reports, whoever is going. I'm not relying on ESPN.

Joe

icesk8erdude4e

Rinkside
The Pairs I definately have to go with either
Petrova and Tikhanov or Savchenko and Szolkowy for that gold medal.

For the Dance, its either going to be
Oksana Domnina and Maxim Shabalin or Albena Denkova and Maxim Staviyski.

Men: ugh I have to say either Brian Joubert, or Stephane Lambiel

Ladies, well that's a wide open up there: Maybe Julia Sebestyen will regain the title, or maybe Carolina Kostner will come back into herself, but I have to say that my favourite for the gold medal will definately have to be Sara Meir because she's such a wonderful skater and I think that the judges for some reason have placed her low in past years but I think that she's deserved to be on the European Podium definately, maybe her first medal will be gold.

I think it'll be an exciting championship and I can't wait to see it. Don't forget that this is the oldest Championship in History of the Sport! Back when it was open to anyone, Dick Button even competed in it, now its soulely European Skaters.

icesk8erdude4e

Rinkside
Don't forget also, the Polish Favourites Dorota Zagorska and Mariusz Siudek! They held off on retirement for this year just to compete here, maybe we'll have the first European title for a Polish Pair in Poland?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
At least this year US Nationals doesn't overlap with Canadian Nationals. As far as Euros are concerned, for those of us who follow online, they're in the daytime in the US, due to the time difference, while US Nationals are pretty much late afternoon / evening, at least for the East coast of the US. So there's no real conflict there.

c_e_ahlen

On the Ice
I'm rooting for Sarah myself. I think she's a wonderful skater with a lovely expression. Sat up last night and watched some old videos of her on youtube. She truly deserves to win!

kajsa

Rinkside
I'm rooting for Sarah myself. I think she's a wonderful skater with a lovely expression. Sat up last night and watched some old videos of her on youtube. She truly deserves to win!

Yeah, I'm rooting for Sarah too. My dream podium would be Sarah Meier, Susanna Pöykiö and Kiira Korpi - in that order but unfortunately I think it's rather going to be something like this: 1. Sarah 2. Susanna 3. Sebestyen/Sokolova/Kostner(?)...

Both Sarah and Susanna have very good programs (both SP and LP) this season.

scorekeeper

On the Ice
I'm not betting money on Sokolova. She skated poorly all season and I get the idea that the judges held her up at Nationals just to have one experienced senior competitor on the Ladies' team.