MK's view on things | Golden Skate

MK's view on things

E

eltamina

MK's view on things

I stayed home and taped the view. They had a lot of fun.

Many topics were covered:

1. Sexual fantasies: and that discussion evolved into metaphors of food, appetizers, and entree. Michelle said she likes desert.

2. Making fun of some celeb couples, Harrison Ford and KF, and Ryder and Paccino.

3. Briefly talked about the American idol
4. Unwanted animals and pests in their gardens. Michelle said she has problems withants

5. Women's health, and women's life expectancy is 4 years > men. Michelle said it must be the menstrual cycle, the
<strong>exfoliation</strong>. So the group had fun throughout the rest of the hour about exfoliation. They talked about soft addictions, ie addiction to the tv, food etc

6. A woman cardiologist was a guest, and she talked about women and heart attack.

7. Bill Maler?? was also in the show,and he teased about exfoliation.

Michelle participated reasonably well, you can tell that she did her homework, and she read the cardioloogist book.

Michelle looked very relax and beautiful, she showed off her lovely shoulders.

The other 3 women said the ice has preserved Michelle well, she looks great. Meredith said, it was fun having Michelle.

M

Mathman3

Re: MK's view on things

I thought Michelle did fine, didn't you? About topic #1, it seemed like Michelle was on the side of saying that a little harmless fantasy is OK.

Michelle likes Reuben on American idol.

She fed Bill Maher (I think that's the right spelling) a straight line about low-riding jeans so he could get into his material about, what can a prostitute do to attract anyone when all the girls are walking around like that.

Some of the people from the MK Forum were there in the audience. Over on that website they are talking about, oh I just saw so-and-so in the audience, ha ha. Very cute. Starr mentioned that they already have received more email about Michelle than about any other guest host. I think I'll write one, too. :lol: They also mentioned the USA Today poll that showed landing a quad as the hardest feat in sports.

Michelle looked very pretty and handled herself with aplomb and grace.

Mathman

L

lottafs

I didn't see the show ( :( school's crack!) but I lurved the reviews. Ahhh Michelle's growin'. :)

R

rgirl181

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Michelle looked very pretty and handled herself with aplomb and grace.[/quote] ITA, Mathman. And Michelle may not be far off re women's longevity and menstruation. Some studies have suggested that men's higher levels of testosterone are what lead to a lot of their health problems. Although I don't know if the converse, ie, women's estrogen levels as health sustaining, has been suggested by the results of any studies, at least the lack of male levels of testosterone seems to be one possible factor.

Figure skating has preserving one's looks. Never thought of it, but Peggy Fleming, Dorothy Hamill, Ludmilla Protopopov, and other ladies skaters seem to stay beautiful. When Viera said that I felt like saying, "I know you mean to compliment Michelle, but she is only 22!" In some of the Nordic countries like Finland the tradition is to take a sauna, jump into a freezing pond, and repeat several times as a health/longevity activity. There is some support for this too, with the idea being that it trains the body to withstand severe changes in temperature, which is a big deal to cellular physiology. So maybe the next trend we will see in gyms, now that aerobic, boxing, yoga, and stripper aerobics have hit their peak, is freezer aerobics.

I thought Michelle did just great and kept up well with the banter, although I too wished they would have let her go on about sexual fantasies:evil: But the show is geared toward a new topic about every two minutes and a fast pace. Not surprised Michelle received most email of any guest. I keep thinking that somebody is going to have to replace Peggy Fleming someday and it seems like the timing should work out just right for it to be Michelle.
Rgirl

H

heyang

I'm wtaching my tape right now....Michelle looks great. She's doing a pretty good job - it's hard to be the newbie in an established coffee clache. Maybe this is a test of what she may want to pursue in the future.

E

eltamina

I totally forgot about Bill Mahler's and the low riding jeans. BTW, I don't trust Maler or Maher, why can't they spell their name Mahler instead!!!! j/k

I love Michelle's perfect oval shape face.

I hope she will be a regular host at the view or some other shows someday. :)

D

Dee4707

Does anyone know the reason why Michelle did this show? Was she asked by View? If you respond then I will tell you my impression of the show. First, I need to know why she did the show?

Dee

P

Piel

When Lisa Ling left the show to work for National Geographic they announced that instead of replacing her right away they would use a series of celebrity guest hosts. I assume that Michelle was asked by the show. I am a big fan of both The View and Michelle Kwan and felt that she interacted less with the regulars than a lot of the previous guest hosts have. On the other hand most of the other guest hosts have been actors. I think that Michelle is too polite to just jump in there as is the norm for the hosts of this show.

Piel

M

mathman444

Piel, glad to see you posting again. Best wishes for good health and all that.

Mathman

(Edited to change "tongue-sticking-out" to "smiley-face":lol: )

D

Dee4707

Piel, thanks for the explanation. I think that Michelle was a whole lot out of her league. That was the first time I watched the View and probably will be the last time. It was very hard for me to keep track of the conversations when everyone was talking at the same time. It suprised me that Michelle would be on a show like this one. The reason I say that is when interviewed after a skate she basically says the same thing everytime and always is politically correct. I am not saying that that is good or bad thing. The View as I perceived it is that whoever is host or guest hosts have opinions about everything. I thought Michelle was very overpowered in the show. I was hoping that questions would be asked of Michelle and she would talk more about skating. Oh well, I guess it was good experience for her.

Dee

J

Joesitz

Whatever that TV makeup was, she looked movie starrish. A pretty girl turned beautiful girl.

joe

M

mathman444

Dee, I think anyone would be "out of their league" in a yak fest against those three ladies! They're pros!

MM

T

THIZfiyaVIETgrl

Dee, I disagree with you about Michelle being out of her league. I think she held her own just fine. I seen a lot of other guest host almost not talk as much as Michelle did. If you use your imagination, you can read into some of Michelle's comments...like men wanting dessert right away when they are having sex ;) or like rgirl said...sexual fantasies and how Michelle was kind of supporting it but holding back...:evil: I feel dirty now, lol.

I watched the beginning of today's episode this morning, and believe they are a lot worse than when Michelle was there. Imagine Star Jones bitching about AI and start rapping to 50 Cent then have Meredith go along with it trying to be fuuny. Then they talked to Janeanne Garafolo on the war and Fox News stuff, then they ignored her throughout the rest. I love Janeanne Garofolo, and they were repeatedly just going on and on, and she was just sitting there looking bored. Because of that, I'm surprised that Michelle got a say in almost all the subjects they discusses. I'm happy she guest co-hosted yesterday and not today. They were super super annoying today.

Anyways, I loved MK's appearance b/c we got to see Michelle the person and not just Michelle the skater.

D

Dee4707

THIZfiyaVIETgrl, that's ok that you disagree with my opinion. The only thing I guess I was trying to say was I was shocked at the sex discussion or let's say the making fun of it. I guess that's what sell though. I strongly value that I have the ability to learn and I didn't learn anything from that show. That's probably why I will never watch it again. Please don't get me wrong I am not a prude. Years ago I loved to watch Phil Donahue because of the variety of people he had on his shows and I even changed my views on lots of things. This was not even up to par with the Donahue show. I guess that's why it surprised me that Michelle would even consider being a guest host on the View. Just my opinion.

Dee

T

THIZfiyaVIETgrl

I agree with you about The View. That show just gave me a headache this morning. It's not the most intelligent talk show out there, but it does have it's moments at times. To me, it's like four women who are trying to one-up each other with one liners and trying to get more camera time.
I also think some of these women try to play into their stereotypes too often. Meredith Viery the older married professional super woman with kids role, Star Jones the single sassy black woman role, Joy Behar the one who does countless jokes trying to be funny as if she was the show's jester, and Barbara the old one who talks professionally but sometimes tries to act younger to look funny, and when Lisa Ling was there, she was young girl in her 20s who had a boyfriend with a tongue ring and likes to party, etc.

E

eltamina

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>I strongly value that I have the ability to learn and I didn't learn anything from that show. [/quote]

Well, I watch it for entertainment (Michelle of course).

What I learnt from the show:
1.Women should start a baseline cholesterol in their 20s.
2.White women mean age 12 years > black men??

Knowledge that was reviewed:

1. Cardiac diseases and complications are the leading cause of death for women
2. Symptoms manifestation for women in a cardiac event, e.g. heart attack are different from the text book description for men.
3. Potential benefits of HRT (hormone replacement therapy): treatment of hot flashes, and there is not much cardiac protection.

About MK out of her league. I think she was out of her league in #1. I am glad. :)
Since I am the keeper /arranger of her wedding music (joking of course), I know she will be out of the league for a long time, until her marriage. :)

I watched the view for the first time yesterday, here is my 2 cents. The moderator, Meredith should intervene a bit more to give the guest host, and guest mreo opportunity to speak.

S

Skate Sandee

It's meant to be fluff! Like Regis and Kelly. It's not geared towards a more serious talk show - the way Oprah is for example. I think the View is too chatty - four co-hosts is an awful lot! But then I don't think it's meant to be anything but pure entertainment.

I think too many people felt Michelle was going to be interviewed about skating, and thus were disappointed. I was actually excited to see her interact on a number of topics that had nothing to do with skating. It was nice to see her out of the element that we are used to seeing.

E

Excidra2001

THIZfiyaVIETgrl,

Sexual fantasies and Michelle wanting to talk about it, boy now I wish I had watched. I have been busy with work and other things and totally forgot that Michelle was on the view.

As for Michelle being upstaged, Starr and Meredith usually never let their guests or co-hosts have a say in anything. What about the one lady who thinks she is funny, what is her name and was she there as well?

T

THIZfiyaVIETgrl

Excidra,

Over at MKF, Heather and co. are putting together a transcipt, I'll link it over here when they have it, so you can read it.

The sexual fantasies weren't really anything. Bill Maher was dogging Dr. Phil b/c Bill Maher thinks it sick that Dr. Phil would advise people to fantasize while having sex with their spouse. Bill said it was cheating. Michelle was kind of defending it saying that it was only fantasizing...if you use your imagination, lol.

I think you are talking about Joy Behar and you are right. She is always making jokes and trying to get a one-liner here and there so the camera can focus on her.

H

heyang

I think each of the regular hosts is supposed to represent a target audience. Yes, you are supposed to get the impression of 4 friends chatting over coffee.

I'll be impressed with any transcript since it was hard to hear them talking over each other. There were some interesting points regarding women's health, but they really didn't allow the doctor to talk enough to emphasize the points.

Annoying show, I doubt I'll ever watch again - even if I'm sick at home, this show would be my last choice to watch.

Back on topic. It was nice to hear MK discuss things non-skating. Enjoy knowing that she's rooting for Ruben, too and that she was apparently conscientious in preparing for the show.