Exhibtion Program for Belbin and Agosto? | Golden Skate

Exhibtion Program for Belbin and Agosto?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What would be your choice? Please take a minute and jot down yours!

You never know, you could see it performed in the future!

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
My very first thought was "Love Cats" by the Cure. I haven't thought about it to know if it is "reasonable," but I think it is fun and kinda "sexy." But not at all imagining the type of thing Oksana did, much of the "classy" aspect that I would explain the way they skate now. :agree: That just seems to fit their personalities.

There was another poster a while ago that said they would like to see this - Kassy maybe? - and I thought Of Tanith and Ben and hasn't gotten out of my mind.

Jhar55

Medalist
What is their Exhibtion program this year? Come to think about it I've not seen anyones.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Every time I hear "Rock Lobster" by the B-52s (which for some strange reason is a lot more times than one would think), I totally see them skating to it.

boggartlaura

On the Ice
Something to classic rock music. I've always wanted to see them skate to Stairway to Heaven. (That would work as a FD too.) Also, Offenbach's Can-Can would make a fun program for them.

dutchherder

Final Flight
If they're going to do Led Zep, I'd like to see them do "Kashmir"-- it has a trance-like quality that if they did it well, could be reminiscent of T/D's Bolero.

On a side note, I recently discovered the song "Half Acre" by Hem. It is gorgeous, and is begging to be an exhibition piece for a beautiful lyrical skater. Of course, my dream would be to see Michelle Kwan do it...:boohoo:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
If they're going to do Led Zep, I'd like to see them do "Kashmir"-- it has a trance-like quality that if they did it well, could be reminiscent of T/D's Bolero.
:agree: :agree: :agree:

That is making me feel like seeing Kurt Browning skate to "Hangman." Talk about a sweaty ending:laugh:

If it's not a waltz, why bother to dance?

If it's not the Blue Danube, why bother to waltz?

Encore: Tales from the Vienna Woods.

Then if you just MUST do something more modern: Sleeping Beauty Waltz (Once Upon a Dream).

:yes: :laugh:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Math, it's an exhibition! We want to have fun - not go to sleep! :laugh:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
What about Blue Bayou sung by Linda or Roy? - for exhibition?

James Blunt, You're Beautiful is coming to mind now. ????

kweenkwan

Spectator
I also think they should perform their That's Entertainment freedance as their exhibition and find another song for their freedance. I don't think their freedance number is working for them.

l_fanelli

Spectator
My all time favorite piece of music for ice dancing

What would be your choice? Please take a minute and jot down yours!

You never know, you could see it performed in the future!

Umbrellas of Cherbourg is a wonderful number. It was used in the past by Punsalon and Swallow and Usova and Platov . I think Ben and Tanith have suffered in the standings because of some of their choices. This would be a great one!

Well, along the same lines as Mathman but with much more impact would be the great waltz from Rosenkavalier. It is like the Blue Danube in a crazy mirror. If anyone saw Suzanne Farrell's marvelous solo in Balanchine's Vienna Waltzes, that's it. It must have been done, though....

It goes something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5gLXFtQb4I

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I hears Orpheus in the Underwold the other day and imediattly thought of Tanith and Ben. They could do they greek gods frolicking around so well.

Two pieces from romantic operas:

1. Marietta's Lied from Die Tote Stadt (the Dead City or City of the Dead)(Korngold) - one of the most rapturous arias in the world. This version is for soprano and chamber ensemble and doesn't convey all the magic of the orchestral version but it is still exquisite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN_vsAUEE8s&mode=related&search=

2. La Sonnambula (the Sleepwalker) (Bellini - maybe in the Rieti version used by Balanchine). Another great romantic masterpiece. Here's one of the most beautiful arias.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFtKpO0eKIg