View Poll Results: Who should skate last in COI?

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • Plushenko

42 26.25%
  • Slutskaya

7 4.38%
  • Arakawa

43 26.88%
  • Cohen

14 8.75%
  • Weir

9 5.63%
  • Totmianan & Marinen

5 3.13%
  • Anassina & Peiserat

6 3.75%
  • Lysacek

1 0.63%
  • Meissner

6 3.75%
  • It should rotate

27 16.88%

Thread: COI -- Who skates last?

COI -- Who skates last?

Now that the 2007 Chanpions on Ice cast has been announced and the tour dates advertised, here comes the question. Suppose you are Tom Collins. With Michelle out, who skates last?

I was torn between Tat &Max and Shi-Chan. I think it would be cool to have a pairs finish and give Arakawa the "spotlight" solo during the finale. But due to popular demand I think the public would "expect " a lady to finish, and Arakawa-san is quite the lady

For the 2007 Tour it will be the next gold Senior Lady or Man from the US Nats. A lady will be preferred but if Jeremy Abbott wows the Spokane crowd and goes on to podium at Worlds, it will be him.

Joe

Keeper of Bab's Death Stare... nubka's Avatar
    Even if she was in, I don't think it should be Kwan. Since I could only vote for one, I voted for Plushy, but I think he and Shizuka should rotate since they are the most recent oly champs.

Now that the Anschutz group has bought out Tom Collins, I wonder if they will rename it "Michelle Kwan presents Champions on Ice," or something of the sort.

Skating Freak Barbie
    It may depend on Worlds this year, and which of the Americans finishes highest.

Shoe Diva
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Now that the Anschutz group has bought out Tom Collins, I wonder if they will rename it "Michelle Kwan presents Champions on Ice," or something of the sort.
    Exactly!! I can't even begin to stress how important it is that Anschutz has purchased COI... this group does nothing halfway... beyond Michelle's involvement with the immediate family. COI will get the financing to outclass, outshine & more importantly out promote SOI, and all of the "and friends" specials. Add the new exec at USFSA into the mix & its gonna be quite the interesting four years... Now re-add Kwan what do you get?

Michelle Kwan will continue to influence skating forever... and I for one cannot wait to see what she does on the business side of the sport. Stay tuned sports fans...

What Kwanford Wife said .

Tripping on the Podium
    Now, is has this cast been finalized? Names have been taken off or placed on at various points already; last year, I believe Lambiel was placed on the listing later than the original posting.

If it is, I think the finishing skater should be a surprise! End the show with someone differently every night maybe.

Banned
    Me to skate last!