Favorite "Xmas" TV specials this year. | Golden Skate

Favorite "Xmas" TV specials this year.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
What were / are yours?

After Watching the Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends Christmas Special, I have to say I really liked it. Typical story, but enjoyable with the "Peanuts" innuendoes. It was quality for sure IMO.

I am pretty weird so I also enjoyed the Pee Wee's Playhouse Christmas Special from years ago they were playing on Adult Swim. Great guest stars, from Char to Annette Funichello, and KD Lang's spot is just to weird not to see at least once - well and Grace Jones was way out there too. Magic Johnson's sleigh ride, etc...

Last mention, Robot Chickens "Kill Bunny" a spin off of Kill Bill with Jesus, Santa and the Easter bunny. It is a little "twisted" but I loved how it represented the way the holiday figures are in competition with each other trying to "take it" from Jesus and he exacts revenge to take the meaning of Christmas and Easter back. To dark, but to funny. Disturbingly mind provoking. The 3 minute segment was better then 90% of Kill Bill 2 IMO.

BTW, how was the Skating Gymnastics spectacular this year? I blew it off for the GPF and the Broncos game.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
well I enjoy the old CHRISTmas classics. The ones I grew up on and such...

but I have most of those on tape or DVD now so I don't bother to watch on TV anymore (not a fan of commercials)

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I like the classic movies.........."Meet Me In St. Louis", "It's A Wonderful Life", "A Christmas Story", and "The Bishop's Wife". My all time favorite Christmas movie is "Love, Actually".

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I like the classic movies.........."Meet Me In St. Louis", "It's A Wonderful Life", "A Christmas Story", and "The Bishop's Wife". My all time favorite Christmas movie is "Love, Actually".

I do have to say I love the classics as well, but a little "burnt out" on them. I think I enjoy the commercial that does a parody of the Christmas story more then the movie anymore. "You'll run the bill up kid." That's funny. Anyway, still looking for something new to ADD to the list of holiday greats. Don't know if it is possible (i.e. I liked the Boondocks special but not a classic by any stretch) but it is nice to see some new ones with any worth too.

As far as the "X-mas" thing, I am just trying to be respectful to others, I have friends with all sorts of different beliefs. I myself don't equate the birth of Jesus at all with this date ( he was not born in winter ) but do "celebrate it" and call it "Christmas" (name given by a Roman Ruler anyway) as a time of family and different religious and non religious beliefs getting along, and the exchange of gifts that show thoughtfulness and appreciation putting aside ones differences at least for a few days.:agree:

Now the dilemma, do I celebrate New Years eve, or Fumie's Birthday?:laugh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I wasn't correcting you, just putting MY religion/holiday into the mix... I hate typing xmas... and if we can still say Chanakah, Kwanzaa, and Yule, etc etc etc then we can still say Christmas.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I wasn't correcting you, just putting MY religion/holiday into the mix... I hate typing xmas... and if we can still say Chanakah, Kwanzaa, and Yule, etc etc etc then we can still say Christmas.

Oh, I didn't get the impression you were. I was acutely clarifying why I put the term - rather then listing all the holiday names this time of year. I guess I wasn't clear - my fault, so what I meant by "X-mas" all the celebrations that everyone has this time of year. And I am right there with you on what I say is "Christmas." But I take "Xmas" as meaning all that are celebrated this time of year. Even though that is probably not the correct way I should go about it either.

So I hope I was not thought of as anti-Christmas or anything by anyone. It is what I call what I celebrate. But I try to write it in a way that I show respect for all.

flying camel

Medalist
I was just glued to the TV watching all my favorites.
Let's see I watched:

1. Miracle on 34th street
2. Meet me in St. Louis
3. Christimas Carol
4. A Dream for Christimas
5. Heidi
6. A house without a Christimas Tree
7. A bundle of joy
8. Little Women

That's all I can remember, but I watched more then this.

Last edited: