What was you Favorite "Present" this Christmas? | Golden Skate

What was you Favorite "Present" this Christmas?

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Didn't get the blades I wanted, or a new processor, but had some thoughtful gifts for sure. I was not nearly as lucky as Kara Bear or Piel, but keeping the PMA.:agree: Besides, I really did need undies:laugh:

My favorite though, was the one I received in making a DVD of some old family videos that were on 8mm projector film. Our family used to have so much fun together when I was younger. It was a tearful joy in my heart to see all those old vids we all hadn't seen for over a decade.

Anyway, what was your favorite?

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
My hubby and I combined our gifts into one this year, a much needed replacement television. We splurged and got one that is HD. What a difference it makes. You feel like you're in a movie theater............42

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, for me it was my favorite Chanukah present - the brand new Stars on Ice Celebrating 20 years DVD set. :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
ooooo Gail :love: sounds fab :)

I got a lot of clothes that are in a style I don't particularly like. Not complaining, I just feel that people in my family should know me by now (I mean they've only had 22 years to get to know me! LOL) but oh well. My best friend came through (and to be honest my parents won't be here for Christmas until New Year's Eve so we should be able to have a better booty then lol) but my favorite gift was a picture collage frame and it had three photos of us and then two windows had quotations about friendship and I absolutely love it :)

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
That looks like a really great DVD. I wonder what the " Marilyn & Elvis Medley" is?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
it's a program that Elena and Anton skated a couple years ago. He was 'Elvis' she was 'Marilyn' and they skated to a medly of both of America's original super star's hits... it was really hokey and showy, but still fun.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Thanks AGAIN to you toni:agree: it happens so often. I couldn't figure out if it was Marilyn singing Happy Birthday Mr President and some Elvis:laugh: But that Elena and Anton routine I now remember pictures and appreciate the clarification.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
not a problem, Sean... it's easy for me to talk SOI... it was my main skating obsession most of my life... (anything related to Scott Hamilton has been an obsession lol)

heyang

Record Breaker
My favorite gift was how much some people liked what I gave them.

My brother and SIL gave me a really cool glass Christmas Tree. It's made of iridescent squares of glass.

Another friend gave me a jackknife with different things on it. I actually really liked this gift since it's useful and I wouldn't think to get one for myself.

I appreciate any gift that comes with a gift receipt or a hint of where it was purchased. I got my 3rd rabbit corkscrew in 3 years, but there was a bed, bath & Beyond sticker on it - so, I was able to get store credit of it. While I was there, I spotted the theraputic comfort pillow that someone else gave me - I've already got 2 others in the house; so, I'll be returning this new one, too.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My favorite gift was the bracelet my sweetie gave me.

Aw ... that's sweet! :love:

Toni, thank you for filling in Sean on the Elena & Anton's "Elvis/Marilyn" medley. BTW, I love your Disney banner (I'm very partial to Dopey :rofl:).

Happy, Healthy New Year to everyone here! :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
thanks Gail... my favorite dwarfs are Grumpy, Dopey, Bashful, and Sneezy (in that order)... I own tons of Grumpy stuff ... he is my hero lol

only 6 month till I'm once again in Disney World! :D

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
BTW, I love your Disney banner

Sorry to disagree, but I MUCH prefer seeing Fumie's incredible smile.:love:
:laugh: I do like it, just not nearly as much.

Toni, 6 months and you are on your way again?! Wow, was that a Christmas pres too?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
no it was a gift that my aunt and I are giving my parents. My family hasn't been on a REAL family vacation since I was 5 (and ironically enough it was 3 days at DisneyLand lol) and we've never been on one with Duane. We were supposed to go in 2002, but he was only temporarily in our family (foster care) and his biological father wouldn't give permission for him to go on the trip so my dad and I went and Duane and mom stayed home (it was a school trip)

so as a gift to my parents for their anniversery my aunt and I are going together and we're paying for a 10+ day trip to WDW. We're staying on Disney Property at the Coronado resort and we'll have at least 8 full days in the parks. We'll hit the water parks a few times, dad has a tee time at Eagle Pines... and we're going to hit up Sea World for a day, too... so we're all excited...

it'll be my parents, my brother, me... and then my aunt and one of my cousins are coming too (my cousin graduates in June) but I'm not paying for that part of the trip... just for the 4 in my family lol

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
DVD... rewinder????????

sounds like my mom, she swears you have to rewind DVDs before putting them away lol

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
nope, DisneyLand... for 11 hours...

the World, there's no WAY 11 hours is enough time... ;)