What are you doing for New Years???? | Golden Skate

What are you doing for New Years????

Fossi

Final Flight
My buddies and I will be having dinner, playing games, and then going to explore the night life. :rock: I hope this New Years to be fun for all of us!

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
By the looks of the weather here in the Denver Area, I will be on lockdown celebrating Fumie's birthday :laugh: on new years eve and praying for a wonderful New Year. If the weather lets-up enough that travel is not too sketchy, friends and I will do our annual climb of Bear Peak for the first day of the year - granted this will be one of the hardest ever getting up there, but coming down is always worth it.:agree: 2000 ft of fun:biggrin:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Parents fly in (hopefully) Sunday afternoon and so we're having a belated Christmas over New Years... then they leave... it sucks I don't get to spend but maybe a day with them *pouts*

Wolfgang

On the Ice
The weather people here in Albuquerque like to say things like 'Severe Weather SLAMS into the Metro Area' - which usually means 3 raindrops actually reach the ground - well, this time they're on the money, most of NM is also under snowy lockdown, freeways are closed, snowplows can't keep up, and it's still snowing.
I was out earlier today, when the main streets were still somewhat negotiable, visibility's been pretty bad all day, and the side streets were starting to take on ice rink capabilities around noon......
I'm almost in the foothills, so those are relatively steep side streets, and now they're icy......not good.
My Friday night plans (dancing) are canceled - no one except the truly desperate will be crazy enough to go out tonight - and they said something about another band of heavy snow headed our way from Fort Sumner, so tomorrow's midday skate looks iffy.
As for Saturday night life, who knows....?
I expect New Year's itself will probably be fairly quiet.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
We traditionally go out to dinner and then a movie with our neighbors........the only bad weather to expect here is fog if any...........42

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
New Year's eve, nothing. New Year's day, worrying, praying, and getting ready to get up at 4 in the morning to get my husband to a 7 am surgery date on Jan 2nd.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Doris.......I'll be thinking of you and your husband on the 2nd, then. Keep us posted...............42

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Going to a party at my ballroom dance studio. And leaving early to try and avoid too many crazy drivers being out and about.

JOHIO2

Medalist
Normally, I would be waiting to see how many morons across the way would be firing guns at midnight. And guessing how many local cops would be hanging around for the show. But I guess I will wait in vain this New Year's - the apt. building where the lowlifes live(d) had a major fire Saturday morning at 4 am.

At 4am, I woke up to hear loud arguing. I figured someone was celebrating early and the party had just moved out to the parking lot. This was immediately followed by many sirens. I didn't know if there had been a fight or a shooting or what, but I figured most of those sirens would be cops and ambulances. There is a reason the local cops established a "satellite office" in the building. Anyway, I rolled over and went back to sleep.

Yesterday, I heard on the news that it actually was a fire and that 40 people were homeless. A quick look across the parking lot showed a distinct lack of lights on. Guess they made all the folks there leave after the fire. Then, the crazy local news lady mentioned that "arson was suspected as the cause of the fire." Ya think?

And this is how that building is known AFTER the city got fed up with multiple police visits and drug raids and forced the owner to remodel and charge more rent - it does keep some of the less desirable from renting there, ya know. At least the fire was on the side favored by drug dealers. Hey, those people COULD be getting chinese food or Mr. Hero or a payroll advance, with or without a gun. It could happen.

Anyway, with mucho rain and wind and no one over there, I guess I won't be hearing gunfire at midnight. At least the cleanup had managed to lower the gun shots to one of two nights a year. Maybe this time, the cleanup will bring in a better crowd of neighbors. (I don't know what I'm complaining about. Eleven years ago, I lived on the east side of Cleveland and nightly gunshots were the norm and waking up to find the swat team across the street was not a major surprise. The wild west show next to where I live now was quite tame by comparison and I haven't known who were the local drug dealers for several years.)

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Ok, so I'm a couple of days late... but whatever. I watched the Star Wars marathon on Cinemax w/ my husband... all six episodes while snacking on pizza rolls, fried shrimp, chocolate chip cookies and supernachos and sipping on my Absolute APeach & Snapple. For dessert, I had cheesecake & Bailey's....

On the couch, in old sweats, a raggedy tee, my husband's socks and my hair wrapped up.

Yes, I'm a party animal... but that was the best New Year's I've spent in awhile...

It was awesome!

megsk8z

On the Ice
I'm late too, but it's taken me this long to defrost after having to go to the Bears/Packers game (Thanks, NFL) instead of staying home in front of the fireplace and keeping my head away from the windows at midnight.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
show 42 and anyone else that is interested, Mr. Ski got out of the hospital today, so we are celebrating New Year's right now--by going to CVS and picking up the new prescription and miscellaneous bandages, and such.

But it's a great day.:party:

heyang

Record Breaker
Went to brother's for low key party with most of the other cousins and old college friends. All the little ones attended, too, and gorged themselves on the chocolate fountain. For whatever reasons, my SIL had the TV on Fox instead of Rock'n'Eve - so, they were at least 10 seconds behind and had to remove their clock. There were only 6 adults and 3 kids at that point - everyone else left at 11:40PM - didn't get why they didn't wait out the 20 minutes.

Played poker til abou til about 1:30AM - won 2nd place = $5 winnings. Then, stayed up til 4AM washing all the serving ware used during the buffet with my brother and college bud. SIL is 6 weeks to her due date with their 3rd - so, I certainly don't begrudge her clean up duties.

Forgot to mention. Got up at about 10AM to find my almost 5 yr old niece waiting for me to play with her. Went home in the afternoon to clean up since I had houseguests for 5 days who left on New Year's Eve afternoon. Rushed over to my aunt's house for a late New Year's Day dinner. Fell in bed exhausted for work the next day.

Last edited:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
show 42 and anyone else that is interested, Mr. Ski got out of the hospital today, so we are celebrating New Year's right now--by going to CVS and picking up the new prescription and miscellaneous bandages, and such.

But it's a great day.:party:

YAY!!! CVS is a hot place to have a party!!! Here's wishing Mr. Ski & you a wonderful new year!!! :chorus: :chorus: :chorus: