New Years Resolutions | Golden Skate

New Years Resolutions

Wolfgang

On the Ice
I for one am glad this year is almost over, it pretty much sucked aside from skating.
My plans for the new one include learning to play the folk harp and redoubling (or maybe that should be requintupling...) my efforts to find Miss Right (which has proven to be insanely difficult....).

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I for one am glad this year is almost over, it pretty much sucked aside from skating.
:agree:

Outside of really trying to buckle down on those out of control student loans - seems so outrageous because only about 30 - 40% of my income comes from that education -
I want get my parents through their surgeries and stable in a home of their own again,
reestablish relationships with all family members together as a family,
to skate more - find a partner to do dance,
sing and play more guitar with friends,
camp more.

Last edited:

dutchherder

Final Flight
1. Worry less.
2. Pay off credit cards.
3. Keep up with my grading.
4. Get some exercise, for Pete's sake.:agree:

Buzzz

Final Flight
Be more generous and give more to charity
find a new job. ( I hate my night shift gig)
Go on a vacation
Buy my own home.
be a better person
Pay off my credit cards
get more exercixe.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I'm with you, Wolfgang, this year has pretty much stunk from Jan. 1st, 06......

1. Be more tolerant of life in general, I guess

2. Be thriftier, stay on a budget (yeah, like that will ever happen)

3. Reconnect with old friends and family members..........42

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I don't make resolutions. I already try to do what is right, etc. and I would break them anyway so why put more guilt on myself.

Wolfgang

On the Ice
Well, I earned my lunch today, couldn't make it out of the parking lot to go skating - first skateless weekend since last February - because of the record snowfall.
So to give the dog and myself a chance to go to our favorite walkies place tomorrow morning, I borrowed a shovel and hacked away at the mess for about 2 hours or so, building several mini mountains and breaking countless 4" sheets of ice along the way.
I suppose it's another step towards the fabled 'six-pack' - right now it's about a 2 - 4 pack.......:biggrin:

JOHIO2

Medalist
after my post in the what are you doing thread, i guess i should just take a deep breath and resolve to be more forgiving of my crazy neighbors and give thanks that things are so quiet here at present.

happy new year, all!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
not so much a resolution as a plan to read the Bible (old and new) front to back, but in chrono. order, and not just from book to book...

as for resolutions, I never keep them but I'd like to get back on track with school.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
My resolution is simple... Be fly in all things

Meaning three things:
respect, honor & cherish my life, my family, my career, my money & my shoes.
relize that all things are not only possible but probable
if you're gonna dream, dream big

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
This kind of thing always reminds me of one of the classics of the comic strip "Sylvia". It was titled "RESOLUTIONS OF THE BARELY UNDER CONTROL" and it showed this rather stressed out looking woman sitting at her desk.

Her initial resolution was "I resolve to be more tolerant and pleasant with others". This is crossed out and replaced with "I resolve to be more tolerant when dealing with the incompetent people who surround me". This is then crossed out and replaced with "I will not slap anyone first thing in the morning."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
This kind of thing always reminds me of one of the classics of the comic strip "Sylvia". It was titled "RESOLUTIONS OF THE BARELY UNDER CONTROL" and it showed this rather stressed out looking woman sitting at her desk.

Her initial resolution was "I resolve to be more tolerant and pleasant with others". This is crossed out and replaced with "I resolve to be more tolerant when dealing with the incompetent people who surround me". This is then crossed out and replaced with "I will not slap anyone first thing in the morning."

Sounds like Sylvia is a figure skating fan...