Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Weir/Lysacek - any news?

Custom Title

Weir/Lysacek - any news?

Have they recovered from their injuries? Just interesting with approaching Nats and no information at all... I start worrying....

Custom Title
    Weir was back on ice one week after GPF, so he should be fine. There's no update on Lysacek's injury yet, which made me worry, men's event will not be exciting at all with his absence. Wish him a speedy recovery, if he could get in top shape, this should be his time to win the title. Go Evan!

Custom Title
    Great for Johnny. Hope he will be in better condition than both times in Russia.
    It's a pity there is no info about Evan... Hope he'll be well soon.

Doesn't he have a web page or diary or something? IMO, no news is bad news in figure skating.

Custom Title
    He has, but latest news is December, 15.... And nothing more.

Thanks Motrin and welcome to GS.

Apparently, that was a nasty fall. he took, and the remedy is to be off skates much too long. I think Nats will not be a problem for the podium, but I suspect he was counting on winning his first. Hope he does well and can get back in shape for Worlds.

Jod

Custom Title
    I just don't understand from this journal entry, he resumed training 2 weeks after the injury, or he hopes to resume two weeks after the date of the entry (counting from January 2). English is not my native language and I have constant problem with tenses... Please help!

Custom Title
    He resumed training (I don't think he's able to be back on ice yet) 2 weeks after the injury, which is very courageous, but I'm still a little concerned about his physical condition because the injury is obviously pretty severe and doctors' advice was 4-6 weeks off completely. Hopefully he won't push himself too hard, coz we all know he's such a great fighter. I'll keep my fingers crossed for Evan, wish him all the best! I'm rooting for him to win his first national champion this year.

Custom Title
    Though I'm Johnny's fan I wish Evan all the best too.
    And thanks for explanation.

It's not like he couldn't get a bye to worlds, he's proven himself this season, and has 2 world bronzes already... I wish he'd look into that option and follow drs. advice. I know this was likely to be his year to win Nationals, but at what expense?

Custom Title
    I think Evan has certainly earned a bye to Worlds ... but I sure hope he skated at Nats ... I'm looking forward to a Johnny-Evan show down ... and also hoping for some surprises from up-and-comers.

On the Ice
    Frankly, I can't imagine the nats if one of them should be out. That's really the competition I am looking forward to this season, besides the worlds, anything can happen, they both have a shot at gold. Only I would prefer to see both in a good shape without injuries not being recovered from.
    They are both wanting the title so I guess they will show up no matter if they are fully recovered or not.

does Johnny really *want* the title as much as he has in the past? he doesn't seem to have the joy of skating this year

Custom Title
    yes, I'm sure Johnny wants Nats title more than the world medal. and he did mention in previous interview that he'll put the quad in his program so that he can 'edge Lysacek out'. we'll see if he can execute it or not.

physically, he should have a better chance to do the quad than Evan since his injury doesn't sound to be that bad, but mentally Evan is a tougher competitor, and typically he can deliver great performances with the adversities. so the showdown between the two will be very interesting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast