Michelle sighting on ice! | Golden Skate

Michelle sighting on ice!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for posting. Glad to hear she is back skating.

No, no Michelle! Get off the ice right now! Did your doctor say it was OK? Aren't you supposed to be home recuperating?

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
No, no Michelle! Get off the ice right now! Did your doctor say it was OK? Aren't you supposed to be home recuperating?

In an interview earlier, she said she went snowboarding -- and the reports on her surgery (about four months ago) said that she could go back on the ice in about four months -- so I would think it is OK.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Not surprising given that she said she "snuck" onto the ice in her MKF entry. :yes:

, but that skating feels a lot better than walking at this point.​

Nice to hear she is skating, but I do not like the above excerpt. Hope she's doing her home exercises for the hip surgery.

Joe

Next she'll be joining in at the next pick-up hockey game.

She should be home brushing up on her Mandarin in preparation for her diplomatic junket to China in a couple of weeks. :)

Fossi

Final Flight
I hope she is making a smart decision to skate so soon? I don't follow her much, but isn't she seriously injured?

She had an operation on her hip in September and is taking the year off from skating to recover. It sounds like she is just stroking arround a little for exercise, so I think it's all right.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
IMO A Dr. telling MK to stay off the ice would likely go over as well as a girlfriend asking me to not notice other women are beautiful too. Not going to happen.

Last edited:

flowjo35

On the Ice
Attyfan, I think her four months away from the ice are up also. I know it has to feel great after being away for so long. :)

Last edited:

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
She should be home brushing up on her Mandarin in preparation for her diplomatic junket to China in a couple of weeks. :)

She needs her jumps for her diplomatic career -- she will persuade leaders to act sensibly by threatening to slap on her skates and practice her triples on a few faces.

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
Next she'll be joining in at the next pick-up hockey game.

Unfortunately her family only speak Cantanese! I don't believe President Hu can really understand that.

ladybug

On the Ice
I believe I read that she could speak some Mandarin and had been working on it around the time of the Whitehouse luncheon.

Now that she is taking a class in Mandarin at DU she should be much better.

Eeyora

Final Flight
Good for her! I recall hearing from several posters last time she went to China she spoke in broken Mandarin.

kyla2

Final Flight
Michelle

I feel so badly for her. The comment that she feels better on the ice rather than walking gives you an idea of how bad, bad was. I think she should really do whatever it takes to get back to normal and forget about competing.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
I feel so badly for her. The comment that she feels better on the ice rather than walking gives you an idea of how bad, bad was. I think she should really do whatever it takes to get back to normal and forget about competing.

I got the distinct feeling that she was feeling much better. In another interview, she said that skating was a much better workout than anything else, so from this snippet, I don't think she is thinking about competing; I think instead, she is thinking of how many holiday cookies she ate, and how to best burn them off. When you are as petitie as Michelle is, even a small weight gain will really show -- and since I am sure she reads all skating boards, I am sure she doesn't want people debating whether or not she is fat.