Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Wow, what happened to Irina ?

Banned

Wow, what happened to Irina ?

Watch this clip of Irina's performance at Japan Super Challenge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7oKSzobsdg

Wow, I can't believe my eyes. She's completely out of shape after staying out of amature skating for a short 9 months period. This is incredible. Anybody who thinks she can still compete is just daydreaming.

??? Not sure what you are indicating, being performance or body. As far as I - or the announcers for that matter, seemed to REALLY like - are concerned the "shape her body is in" is smoking as par Ira - and taking into consideration the meds she is on, or not on at current time - I think she looks ...... It was a very "sexy" performance IMO. The bielmanns and sitspin, well... it is just an exhibition and not as impressive as some past. But the "shape" is .... I agree with the one comment poster on YouTube for that one.

Maybe I have Ira goggles on tonight

Custom Title
    I don´t think that she looks out of shape, but just the way she normally does. The skirt is perhaps not the best choice for her bodytype.

Custom Title
    She had the best shape at 2006 Olympics. I am not surprised to see she is heavier now. Many skaters change shapes during off seasons. and went back to shape when they resumed training for the competitions. Her dress made her look even worse.

I actually liked the number she was doing. Do you think she was trying to say something about gypsies to Sasha's Dark Eyes?

For exhibition skating, she did very well.

Joe

Custom Title
    The basic costume was not flattering. Irina seems to have put on a few pounds, but she was still able to do a few jumps. She did more than Sasha did in her Marshall's programs recently.

Down With It
    I only saw her do two...?

I happen to think she's in great shape. Not Olympic shape but great shape nontheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    ? What?

Glad to see that I am not the only one who thinks she still looks spectacular.

Custom Title
    But Sasha did LOTS of posing in her WSS number. Irina used the whole surface of the ice and never stopped moving once she got going. Her performance was far more energetic than Sasha's, considering that Irina hasn't skated competitively since Torino, almost 11 months ago.

Down With It
    True. But in all honesty, what does it matter? they're probably not going to compete against each other again, anyway.

P.S. They looked like double axels to me (and looks like she singled the second). But of course, being the jump expert that I am, I could be wrong.

Banned

I happen to think she's in great shape. Not Olympic shape but great shape nontheless.
    She did one simple 2A and popped another. Her speed is gone. Spins are slow-motion. If you think she can still compete like this, we are obviously not on the same planet.

Banned

She did one simple 2A and popped another. Even Sasha did a 3Sal and 2A in her exhibiton program.

Her speed is gone. Spins are slow-motion. If you think she can still compete like this, we are obviously not on the same planet.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by iloveaxel View Post
    She did one simple 2A and popped another. Her speed is gone. Spins are slow-motion. If you think she can still compete like this, we are obviously not on the same planet.
    Tell me where I said she'll compete again.

These comparisons to has-beens aren't really necessary IMO. They are only exhibitions, and I happened to like this number of Irina's. She shows a side of her that just isn't there in her competitive programs, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by iloveaxel View Post
    That is what I was wondering, what you meant, "shape or performance shape." Yep, not the best Ira for "tricks" but as far as entertainment or beauty, she is still a top lady IMO. But yah the sitspin and jumps not her best at all and looks like she took it "easy" - Bielmanns were snow cones. It seemed a little Maria, maybe just the scarf thing. But mostly it was a exhibition so....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaniBu View Post
    That is what I was wondering, what you meant, "shape or performance shape." Yep, not the best Ira for "tricks" but as far as entertainment or beauty, she is still a top lady IMO. But yah the sitspin and jumps not her best at all and looks like she took it "easy" - Bielmanns were snow cones. It seemed a little Maria, maybe just the scarf thing. But mostly it was a exhibition so....
    She's out of shape, that's the reason her jumps are gone, spins are awkward. She's not going to return. And if she keeps on gaining weight like this, she's only 5 meters away from Blu(OGM, can't remember her name), and I'm afraid to say even her pro career will come to an end pretty fast.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast