I Get Bumped Off Every Now & Then | Golden Skate

I Get Bumped Off Every Now & Then

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This has happened in the last month or so. Every now and then I get bumped off and the message I get is Server is something or another, can't remember the exact word but could be busy???? Is that happening you GS's end or not???

Dee

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Dee - we're trying to figure out what's going on... :) it's doing it to all of us too!

R.D.

Record Breaker
Yes, I was going to point this out as well. It's happening a lot less now, I notice.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
And here I thought you guys just hated me:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:scratch:

j/k

I was wondering if GS needs money to get another server? Does GS ever have fund raisers like Public Broadcasting?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
And here I thought you guys just hated me:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:scratch:

j/k

I was wondering if GS needs money to get another server? Does GS ever have fund raisers like Public Broadcasting?

Paula has always said this will remain free and as such we've never had to donate a dime... though I am sure people have asked since forever... the only time that might have happened was back during the EZBoard days...

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alrighty then....I just pulled out my tool box and tinkered around o' bit.

Let me know if there continue to be problems.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Twice today, in the past 2 hours. When I got back on the count of "online" was 58. Surprising when the "record number on line" was 600 something. Anyhoo, not that it bugs me really, just trying to be helpful AMAP. "let you know":agree:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Were you idle for 15 minutes or longer when you got "bumped?"

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Were you idle for 15 minutes or longer when you got "bumped?"

Maybe one out of the 10, mostly no. It would happen after reading 2 (2 or 3 minutes) posts on a thread and then going back to the forum list. MM was telling me that it maybe "spiders slurping" - Searchengines.

I can live with it anyway, it is not an issue that would ever bother me enough to complain. I was just trying to give info to be helpful.

I LOVE GS:bow: :bow: :bow:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks so much, Sean! Please continue to let me know if you get bumped off again. I've adjusted a few settings again in hopes that this will discontinue :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
just to let you know, Paula, I've not experienced anymore problems :) so it is helping!

I get bumped off a lot. The post can be going along fine and then suddenly, it disappears. It does not happen on e-mails, or other notices that I feel I should reply to. Just GS.

Joe

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hey Joe, when was the last time this happened? Were you idle for 15 minutes or longer at any given time?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have made a special page for people who get the login page after registering and/or trying to post, ect.

For those that are having problems, I'd like for you to review this page and see if you can correct any of these problems.

http://goldenskate.com/forumlogin.shtml

If after reading it, you feel I left a scenario out, please put it here in this thread.

I tried that link but it was of no help. My problem is that while I am typing, something happens that makes the entire post disappear. It wouldn't be so bad if I could find out where it disappeared to, and bring it back.

It happens daily. It may well be my computer.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Have you tried Edit>Undo in your browser? You might have inadvertently pressed some buttons or something.