It' 70 degrees in the Big Apple and It's June | Golden Skate

It' 70 degrees in the Big Apple and It's June

In January, if you know that song.

The late April cherry trees are blooming.
Shorts and Tshirts being worn all over the city.
barbeques
the beach will be for walking

Why isn't Nationals here and now?

Is this a coming of the end?

Joe

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
68F in Albany!!!

My primrose is blooming, I noticed it 2 days ago. snowdrops are not blooming yet, but the greens are out.

terrible...while I enjoy the warm temps we had lately, it is not good for farmers or the nature.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
:laugh:
And here in Denver area we have had more snow in the month of December than all of last year. Now that is is Jan we have received two snows, first over 2 feet and a 15 inch. I am thinking floods this spring. "The end is near!":laugh: At least downtown Boulder which is built on the flood plain and the economic center for the county - go figure.

heyang

Record Breaker
Don't worry, Joe. I hear we're headed for a cold snap! Can't wait because my allergies are going haywire.

dutchherder

Final Flight
Who ever heard of 60-degree weather in Ohio in January? I might not make it through third quarter if the school where I teach doesn't get a snow day this year. :boohoo:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
We here on the soggy West Coast are also experiencing wacky weather. We have a tropical downpour via Hawaii one day and the next an artic front blows in from the great white north and dumps snow on lotus land. Our famous BC Place stadium's roof collapsed yesterday due to high winds:

http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/story.html?id=93784681-8491-404f-8967-15ff27bdfa80&k=36858

And of course our Jewel - world famous Stanley Park recently suffered devastion thanks to mother nature:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe...9/stanley_park_061219/20061219?hub=TopStories

In other parts of Canada like Toronto and Winnipeg they are out golfing instead of digging themselves out of twelve feet of snow! Our outdoor activities such as back yard skating rinks are in danger of disappearing.

Too much....

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Alaska's right on track... we had major snow all through Christmas and last week... and now we're entering the traditional cold period... it's 10* right now... a bit warmer than last year, but I won't complain! Considering all last winter it was -20... I'll take the 10!

:laugh:
And here in Denver area we have had more snow in the month of December than all of last year. Now that is is Jan we have received two snows, first over 2 feet and a 15 inch. I am thinking floods this spring. "The end is near!":laugh: At least downtown Boulder which is built on the flood plain and the economic center for the county - go figure.
Seanibu and all other Denverites - CNN just sent me a bulletin about some avalanche. It's serious. I hope you all are ok.

Joe

R.D.

Record Breaker
I believe El Nino is to blame for much of this unusual weather. It's 70 here in MD, too.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Seanibu and all other Denverites - CNN just sent me a bulletin about some avalanche. It's serious. I hope you all are ok.

Joe
Thanks you big ol' sweetie you.

"Our crews said it was the largest they have ever seen. It took three paths," Stegman said of the massive slide on U.S. 40 near 11,307-foot Berthoud Pass, about 50 miles west of Denver on the way to Winter Park Resort."

Wasn't near there then.:clap: I don't ski as much as I used to. The conditions have been prime for avalanches lately and that one was a big one. That pass is going to be a mess for a while to come it would appear. I feel for the resort up there as well but there are two routs out of Winter Park - which is my favorite ski area - the other through Rock Mountain National Park which is also a mess. A fact that is concern is that is also one of the most "back country ski / boarder area due to the switch-backs making a day of skiing capable by car. I have even witnessed people jumping the road as we were coming back one year. I hope everyone is accounted for.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I believe El Nino is to blame for much of this unusual weather. It's 70 here in MD, too.

OMG... I'm reliving my childhood... when El Nino made it big a few years back and it was raining a large amount in Texas our church renamed it El Deanio because our pastor was down there on a hunt (I think it was quail, but I could be wrong) and it always rains (rather pours) when he hunts/fishes

I miss him :(

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Ok - here's a fun tidbit in terms of weather... My mom just moved to Arizona last spring to get away from Detroit winters... On Christmas, it was warmer here in Richmond & also in Detroit than in Scottsdale... Mama KW is not a happy camper... something about covering her pool...

For those who don't believe in global warming, I say go outside & look at the trees or turn on the weather channel... its a hot mess outside...

Having made my environmental speech for the day, I must say that I'm looking forward to going home, changing into shorts & an Ohio State University sweatshirt, grilling up some steaks & watching Troy Smith, my love, & the Buckeyes kick Florida butt...

Go Buckeyes!!!

Don't worry, Joe. I hear we're headed for a cold snap! Can't wait because my allergies are going haywire.
Heyang. I know what you mean. I've broken up another box of Claritin. I hope the hay fever goes with the incoming cold.

Joe

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Looks like we're in for more freezing rain. It has been cold but western KS, NE & CO are in really bad shape. No electricity for a long time, having to feed live-
stock from helicopters, etc. Much livestock dead. I am ready for spring. Have been since first of Nov. In all, I think it has been a fairly warm winter.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
so much for the 'warm' weather... last night we had record lows all over the state (but especially here in South Central AK)

and it's about -10 right now

karina1974

Spectator
68F in Albany!!!

My primrose is blooming, I noticed it 2 days ago. snowdrops are not blooming yet, but the greens are out.

terrible...while I enjoy the warm temps we had lately, it is not good for farmers or the nature.

Hi neighbor! I'm a few miles north of you, in Troy! Hey, I liked last Saturday's weather, it's much better than the freezing rain we're getting today. I'm hoping against hope that we will escape Winter 06-07 without a major storm.