U.S. Nationals Prediction Contest | Golden Skate

U.S. Nationals Prediction Contest

Jennifer

On the Ice
U.S. Nationals Prediction Contest

Entry Form

It is U.S. Nationals Prediction Contest time again! Predict the top 6 finishers at U.S. Nationals. The deadline for entries is January 22, 2007.

Please submit your predictions using the entry form. Entries posted in this thread will not be scored. If the entry form does not work for you, please try again later. If after several attempts it still doesn't work, you can send it to me via private message.

About Name and E-mail

Feel free to choose anything you like as a name, your real name isn't necessary.

If you would like to receive a confirmation message, enter your e-mail address on the entry form. If you do not receive this message, please do not resubmit your entry. Contact me first by private message and I will confirm it that way. I will also use your e-mail address to send you a link to the results when they are available.

About Alternates

On the entry form you are asked to select first and second alternates. Make these predictions as if you were predicting the top 8 instead of the top 6. If anyone withdraws, all skaters predicted to finish below that person will be moved up one place, and your first alternate will then be predicted to finish 6th.

If after submitting your entry, you realize that you have forgotten to include someone in your predictions, send me a private message and tell me who you forgot and where you think they will finish and I'll make the necessary adjustments.

Scoring will be the same as in prior years:

7 points for exact predictions
5 points if your prediction is off by 1 place
4 points if it is off by 2 places
3 points if it is off by 3 places
2 points if it is off by 4 places
1 point if it is off by 5 places

As always, there are NO prizes. I will be posting statistics about this year's predictions soon after the deadline.

Good Luck!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
so now Johnny will win because I jinxed Evan by predicting him first... lol

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
I totally suck at these sorts of things (but I'll bet I'm right to five places in ice dance) but here we go anyway...

dutchherder

Final Flight
Wow, that was hard. Probably not a good sign that after fourth and fifth place, I pick the ones whose names I like best, is it? :rofl:

Wow, that was hard. Probably not a good sign that after fourth and fifth place, I pick the ones whose names I like best, is it? :rofl:

It's even hard to pick the podium in many cases, that's why I always say: 'in no particular order'. Still, a spoiler will get on the podium.

Joe

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Who did you put third, Davis and White or Matthews and Zavosin?

I went with my gut and said Davis and White. I think at the moment, they're more solid. But that's going to be the closest call of the ice-dance event, I think, unless something REALLY dramatic happens up top. (As in B/A or G/P crash into the boards or something.)

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
OK, I do not understand the "first and Second Alternates" as far as Why they can't be ...say first alternate is your original pick for second, vis ver???? I guess I don't understand the "alternates."

If the one I thought would get first and they don't, they would likely be my choice for second....etc...?????

OK, I do not understand the "first and Second Alternates" as far as Why they can't be ...say first alternate is your original pick for second, vis ver???? I guess I don't understand the "alternates."

If the one I thought would get first and they don't, they would likely be my choice for second....etc...?????
I think what you said is right. If one of your picks withdraws, everyone that you picked below that skater moves up one place and you choice of alternate comes in at the bottom.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
so now Johnny will win because I jinxed Evan by predicting him first... lol
Good, I picked Evan first, not that I want him to win but wanted to jinx him. Took your advice Toni.

Dee

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
hey now! I did it because I want Evan to win, so I know that whomever I want to win won't... :p but since that's what you WANT to happen... it clears the field and it's up to them now lol

Jennifer

On the Ice
I think what you said is right. If one of your picks withdraws, everyone that you picked below that skater moves up one place and you choice of alternate comes in at the bottom.

This is correct. That is exactly how I do it.