Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Christopher Bowman to Host New Variey/Talk Show

Banned

Christopher Bowman to Host New Variey/Talk Show

When Christopher airs his new show in the summer of 2007, what would you as skaters and fans like to see on the show?

Tripping on the Podium Jennifer Lyon's Avatar
    Sure. I have fond memories of Christopher's skating. I'd like to see how he's doing now. What network will it be on?

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    I would like to see guest skaters from times past and early skating footage. This should be interesting....

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I'm glad to hear that Chris is still alive! I'd like to hear him interview Toller Cranston

Is this for real? I Googled Christopher Bowman to see if I could find out anything about this project, but the only thing that came up was his arrest in 2004 for pointing a loaded gun at his girl friend's head while drunk.

Banned
    Mathman, Thanks so much for helping us "all" relive that story! But lets not talk about things here from the past especially when ALL of the facts were never reported.

As for your question above ... Yes, this is for real ... If you look at the announcement section of this forum, you'll find a complete Press Release and link to the show site as well as contact email addresses.

www.showmanshow.com
    Last edited by pr girl; 01-07-2007 at 10:25 AM. Reason: post thoughts

He was apparently quite a Don Juan around the ladies. Maybe he could interview some of them.

I wish him good luck, anyway. He turned out to be such a waste when he could have been numero uno. JMO

Joe

Hey, at least I helped you out by posting on the Announcements thread.

As for me, how can I pass up a "sidesplitting comedy/variety/talk show" that will have me "just rolling in laughter" and which features the man who is not only an "internationally renowned former child star and 'The Greatest National Men’s Skating Champion in History,'" but who also "still (has) the largest growing fan base of all Winter Olympians!"

Banned
    Hey there Mathman, Sorry about that ... The episode that you mentioned was such a bad time for everyone involved and was not accurately depicted in the press.

We appreciate your input and "The Showman Show" is going to be a fantastic show!!! We want to see how creative everyone can get knowing Christopher and his personality. LETS GET CRAZY!!!! This is your chance to let it all go!

Thanks for ALL the input so far!

Sincerely,
    April AKA "PR Girl"

hmmmmmmmmmmmm well... I grew up in the Bowman era and I don't remember anything but teh stuff off the ice...

and hey Joe, you know how you said you doubted that PR people came on message boards?

Here's hoping Chris can keep it together this time around in teh spotlight!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    hmmmmmmmmmmmm well... I grew up in the Bowman era and I don't remember anything but teh stuff off the ice...

and hey Joe, you know how you said you doubted that PR people came on message boards?

Here's hoping Chris can keep it together this time around in teh spotlight!
    Toni, dear - I did not say PR people do not come on figure skating boards. It's possible if there is something in it for them. PR men use hype to get people to watch or buy something for which they get paid.

so PR Girl may be getting paid to get you to watch the show. I dunno. but it's much too late to get Bowman a skating medal.

If I say julia sebestyan will win the Worlds, I won't get paid for that, and it will definitely not affect the judging. It's just a commoner's opinion.

I'm with you on hoping Bowman does well.

Joe

Pr Girl, when you first posted I didn't realize who you were. Now I want sincerely to apologize for bringing up unpleasant memories that I am sure eveyone is eager to put behind them.

Actually, the press coverage here in Detroit did make it clear later that the original reporting of the story was blown out of proportion.

Anyway, good luck to you guys in your new venture! I'll watch, for sure.

Back on topic, I don't know if this would interest the general audience, but for the figure skating fans, it would be cool if Chris could do an interview with Frank Carrol.

On the more fluffy side, maybe you could get Sasha Cohen to share some of her cookie recipes.

Banned
    Thanks, Mathman!!! No worries, we have put that way behind us!!

Hi Toni and Hi Joe,

It's me PR Girl ... Let me clarify this for you ... I was a PR person for MANY years and I come to the message boards often and read what's here and have been for years. I think anyone who follows skating comes here, as this is one of the most informative skating sites on the web. I know of many PR people who follow what's going on here to be on top of the hottest topics in the sport.

I have come here and posted because we want Christopher's fans and friends to know about "The Showman Show" and have done the same on a couple other sites that we visit on a regular basis. WE WANT YOUR INPUT!!!! Plain and simple ... We value what you say and appreciate your efforts. OUR GOAL ... to create a more entertaining production for your enjoyment.
    Last edited by pr girl; 01-07-2007 at 10:08 PM.

Minusaramadad from Arctaroon John King's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    On the more fluffy side, maybe you could get Sasha Cohen to share some of her cookie recipes.
    Or,better yet,get the Kerrs to share their Haggis recipe!Nothing says sheepgut like haggis.

Quote Originally Posted by John King View Post
    Or,better yet,get the Kerrs to share their Haggis recipe!Nothing says sheepgut like haggis.

I'm told don't knock it til you've tried it.....but i've never plucked up the courage (i nearly accidentally wrote that i didn't have the guts to try it!) to try it.

Ant

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast