Christopher Bowman to Host New Variey/Talk Show | Golden Skate

Christopher Bowman to Host New Variey/Talk Show

pr girl

Match Penalty
When Christopher airs his new show in the summer of 2007, what would you as skaters and fans like to see on the show?

Jennifer Lyon

On the Ice
Sure. I have fond memories of Christopher's skating. I'd like to see how he's doing now. What network will it be on?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I would like to see guest skaters from times past and early skating footage. This should be interesting....:agree:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'm glad to hear that Chris is still alive! I'd like to hear him interview Toller Cranston :)

Is this for real? I Googled Christopher Bowman to see if I could find out anything about this project, but the only thing that came up was his arrest in 2004 for pointing a loaded gun at his girl friend's head while drunk.

pr girl

Match Penalty
Mathman, Thanks so much for helping us "all" relive that story! But lets not talk about things here from the past especially when ALL of the facts were never reported.

As for your question above ... Yes, this is for real ... If you look at the announcement section of this forum, you'll find a complete Press Release and link to the show site as well as contact email addresses.

www.showmanshow.com

Last edited:
He was apparently quite a Don Juan around the ladies. Maybe he could interview some of them. :)

I wish him good luck, anyway. He turned out to be such a waste when he could have been numero uno. JMO

Joe

Hey, at least I helped you out by posting on the Announcements thread. :)

As for me, how can I pass up a "sidesplitting comedy/variety/talk show" that will have me "just rolling in laughter" and which features the man who is not only an "internationally renowned former child star and 'The Greatest National Men’s Skating Champion in History,'" but who also "still (has) the largest growing fan base of all Winter Olympians!" :clap:

pr girl

Match Penalty
:clap: Hey there Mathman, Sorry about that ... The episode that you mentioned was such a bad time for everyone involved and was not accurately depicted in the press.

We appreciate your input and "The Showman Show" is going to be a fantastic show!!! We want to see how creative everyone can get knowing Christopher and his personality. LETS GET CRAZY!!!! This is your chance to let it all go!

Thanks for ALL the input so far!

Sincerely,
April AKA "PR Girl"

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
hmmmmmmmmmmmm well... I grew up in the Bowman era and I don't remember anything but teh stuff off the ice... ;)

and hey Joe, you know how you said you doubted that PR people came on message boards? ;)

Here's hoping Chris can keep it together this time around in teh spotlight!

hmmmmmmmmmmmm well... I grew up in the Bowman era and I don't remember anything but teh stuff off the ice... ;)

and hey Joe, you know how you said you doubted that PR people came on message boards? ;)

Here's hoping Chris can keep it together this time around in teh spotlight!
Toni, dear - I did not say PR people do not come on figure skating boards. It's possible if there is something in it for them. PR men use hype to get people to watch or buy something for which they get paid.

so PR Girl may be getting paid to get you to watch the show. I dunno. but it's much too late to get Bowman a skating medal.

If I say julia sebestyan will win the Worlds, I won't get paid for that, and it will definitely not affect the judging. It's just a commoner's opinion.

I'm with you on hoping Bowman does well.

Joe

Pr Girl, when you first posted I didn't realize who you were. Now I want sincerely to apologize for bringing up unpleasant memories that I am sure eveyone is eager to put behind them.

Actually, the press coverage here in Detroit did make it clear later that the original reporting of the story was blown out of proportion.

Anyway, good luck to you guys in your new venture! I'll watch, for sure.

Back on topic, I don't know if this would interest the general audience, but for the figure skating fans, it would be cool if Chris could do an interview with Frank Carrol.

On the more fluffy side, maybe you could get Sasha Cohen to share some of her cookie recipes. :)

pr girl

Match Penalty
:agree: Thanks, Mathman!!! No worries, we have put that way behind us!!

Hi Toni and Hi Joe,

It's me PR Girl ... Let me clarify this for you ... I was a PR person for MANY years and I come to the message boards often and read what's here and have been for years. I think anyone who follows skating comes here, as this is one of the most informative skating sites on the web. I know of many PR people who follow what's going on here to be on top of the hottest topics in the sport.

I have come here and posted because we want Christopher's fans and friends to know about "The Showman Show" and have done the same on a couple other sites that we visit on a regular basis. WE WANT YOUR INPUT!!!! Plain and simple ... We value what you say and appreciate your efforts. OUR GOAL ... to create a more entertaining production for your enjoyment.

Last edited:

antmanb

Record Breaker
Or,better yet,get the Kerrs to share their Haggis recipe!Nothing says sheepgut like haggis.

:rofl: :rofl:

I'm told don't knock it til you've tried it.....but i've never plucked up the courage (i nearly accidentally wrote that i didn't have the guts to try it!) to try it.

Ant

PR girl = Right on girl! And we can dispense with bringing back the dirty clothes of all skaters if it is not relevant to their competititve skating. I would prefer not to make the forum a tabloid recalling old news but then again maybe the forum should have another folder for just such old tabloid news. However, not when we are talking serious competitions. JMO

Joe

Oh, come on, Joe. Do you think that this endeavor has anything to do with "serious figure skating competitions?"

Did you read the announcement that this thread is advertising?

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15149

And I quote (from PR Girl's press release, capitals are hers):
PR Girl said:
THIS WOMANIZING BAD BOY NEEDS DISCIPLINE, NOW MORE THAN EVER! HIS CAREER IS BOOMING…IF ONLY WE COULD GET HIM TO STOP EATING!

Get ready for “The Showman Show,” a sidesplitting comedy/variety/talk show that will host celebrity guests, air cooking segments and just have you rolling with laughter, as you chronicle the quest to tame the Showman.

:rofl:

Now if you want to turn this thread from a discussion of taming the bad boy with side-splitting celebrity cooking segments into a "serious figure skating" thread, we could have a poll on this claim:

PR Girl said:
(Bowman is) "The Greatest National Men's Champion in History."
Presumably other candidates would be 5 time World Champion and two time Olympic gold medalist Dick Button, 4 time World Champion and Olympic gold medalist Scott Hamilton, or Brian Boitano, Hayes Allen Jenkins, or Todd Eldredge.

But that's not what this thread is about. It's about
PR Girl said:
(Bowman) has given up his life of sex, drugs and rock and roll for Cannelloni and Chianti!
:rock: That's why this thread is in the Cafe and not the Edge.

Last edited:

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Since Christopher is still one of my favorite skaters of all time I wish him the best in all future endeavors. Hope he's putting his life together once and for all.

John King

Final Flight
Haggis:Recipe by Ravyn Rant

:rofl: :rofl:

I'm told don't knock it til you've tried it.....but i've never plucked up the courage (i nearly accidentally wrote that i didn't have the guts to try it!) to try it.

Ant

Trust me,it's really bland until it's garnished with lark's vomit.