Stars on Ice - Anyone see program today? | Golden Skate

Stars on Ice - Anyone see program today?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I caught part of a Stars on Ice show tonight on tv. It was more or less a promo for upcoming Stars on Ice tours. They showed previews of some of the numbers and gave a bit of back ground info behind the scenes.

It looks as though Kurt is going to be a guest star for part of the tour. I wonder if Kurt is moving on to other things the way Brian Orser is. Brian will no longer be touring with Stars on Ice and is now coaching and doing choreography.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It is my understanding that Brian O. will be touring with the Canadian SOI this season. Kurt will be doing several of the shows on the American tour.

The hour long show you're referring to must be the special syndicated version that will be airing in the cities that will be getting the US tour. Apparently it is different from last Saturday's "sneak peek"/retrospective show that was aired on ABC, since a few actual numbers from the 2007 tour were shown (The guys' baseball "Swing" number, Jamie & David's "Superfreak," and Ilia's "Too Darn Hot" - Ilia is a guest star for some of the shows, depending on your market). I'm looking forward to this syndicated show when it comes to our market (Philly/Trenton). Of course it's still not a replacement for the A&E coverage, but at least it's something current.

There is some discussion about the syndicated show at this link:

http://forums.starsonice.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2894

In the discussion, one of the posters provides a link to the tentative dates of the syndicated broadcast as well.

Last edited:

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
I missed about the first 10 minutes, but recorded the rest on the DVR. I caught some of it here and there. They showed Ilia Kulik's 'Too Darn Hot' number. I saw the development of the 60s number. I might actually go see the show now. It will be in San Jose on 1/19. I last went in 2004.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Teenes

On the Ice
Kurt Browning is guest-starring in 10 shows on the Stars on Ice tour.
Feb. 6, 2007 Cincinnati, OH
Feb. 9, 2007 Auburn Hills, MI
Feb. 10, 2007 Rosemont, IL
Feb. 11, 2007 St. Paul, MN
Mar. 8, 2007 Albany, NY
Mar. 9, 2007 Hartford, CT
Mar. 10, 2007 Providence, RI
Mar. 11, 2007 Wilkes-Barre, PA
Mar. 14, 2007 Youngstown, OH
Mar. 16, 2007 Cleveland, OH
http://www.kurtfiles.com/events0607.php

Kurt quit full time touring on Stars on Ice four years ago and has been cutting down on the number of guest stops he does a year. I don't think Kurt's moving on to other things (though his choreography work does seem to be increasing) so much as trying to spend more time at home with his wife and son. Though, I take that back - theater work is definitely a new thing, and Kurt's doing a month of that in December this year! At any rate though, he's said he thinks he'll continue to skate for some time to come.

I'm recording that syndicated special right now. The ABC Dec. 30 broadcast never seemed to get aired in my area (Bay Area), so it'll be good to get the syndicated special. I'm looking forward to the show since I've heard good things about it!

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Ilia Kulik´s guest star appearances:

Saturday; 1/13 Portland; OR / Rose Garden
Sunday, 1/14 Seattle, WA / KeyArena
Thursday, 1/18 Sacramento, CA / ARCO Arena
Friday, 1/19 San Jose, CA / HP Pavilion at San Jose
Saturday, 1/20 Anaheim, CA / Arrowhead Pond
Sunday, 1/21 Los Angeles, CA / STAPLES Center
Thursday, 1/25 San Diego, CA / ipayOne Center
Friday, 1/26 Phoenix, AZ / Glendale Arena
Sunday, 1/28 Dallas, TX / American Airlines Center
Tuesday, 1/30 Albuquerque, NM / Santa Ana Star Center
Wednesday, 1/31 Denver, CO / Pepsi Center
Friday, 2/2 Saint Louis, MO / Scottrade Center
Saturday, 2/3 Columbus, OH / Value City Arena
Saturday, 3/17 Pittsburgh, PA / Mellon Arena
Sunday, 3/18 Grand Rapids, MI / Van Andel Arena
Tuesday, 3/20 Hershey, PA / GIANT Center
Thursday, 3/22 Baltimore, MD / 1st Mariner Arena
Friday, 3/23 Bridgeport, CT / Arena at Harbor Yard
Saturday, 3/24 Portland, ME / Cumberland County Civic Center
( http://www.starsonice.com/cast/ILIA_KULIK.asp )

By the way, from Ilia´s SOI premiere performance "Too Darn Hot" (broadcasted in SOI promo / SF Bay Area) a wonderful video clip is available on fsvidsforum. That programme has developed a lot since SOI Antwerp performance in fall 2005. Already then it was really wonderful, in my opinion.

Last edited:

shdotz

On the Ice
SOI TV Program

Disappointed.

I realize it was an advertisement, seeking audiences to come out to their performances in various locations, but they used to show the SOI program - and I loved that!

I used to attend SOI programs in Orlando, FL.

Don't want to drive down there anymore, so I miss out.

My loss.

sh:)

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I realize it was an advertisement, seeking audiences to come out to their performances in various locations, but they used to show the SOI program - and I loved that!

I used to attend SOI programs in Orlando, FL.

sh:)

Are you refering to the general SOI broadcast of this year or this promo that was broadcasted on SF Bay area? Or did you really travel from west coast to east coast to attend SOI show in Florida and did not do it in your own area?

shdotz

On the Ice
Soi

In Central Florida, we saw the SOI promotional, 1-hour TV program. If there was another, I didn't know about it.

Heretofore, I have relied on Heather's TV listing; where now can I obtain good programming listings of figure skating?

thanks, sh:)

amazonprincess

Rinkside
I caught the program, and thought the behind-the-scenes stuff was cute, but it didn't really make me want to go. Even with Alexi. I've already got one ice show to go to in '07, and that's Champions. *^_^*

shdotz

On the Ice
SOI TV Program

Sounds wonderful!

Maybe I haven't missed it; we saw Kristi's program yesterday on NBC, and next week there's going to be the Fashion on ice on NBC. I'll just have to look up programming somewhere else so that I don't miss whatever is coming to Central Florida in the weeks ahead.

Thanks, sh:)

babyoscar

On the Ice