Entries | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Entries

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Xue Shen & Hongbo Zhao Added to Lineup for Four Continents Figure Skating Championships

U.S. Figure Skating announced tonight the addition of Two-Time Olympic Pairs Medalists Shen and Zhao to the pairs competition at next week's Four Continents Championships in Colorado Springs, CO. Read the complete story at US Figure Skating.

Visit the official Four Continents website here!

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Xue Shen & Hongbo Zhao Added to Lineup for Four Continents Figure Skating Championships

U.S. Figure Skating announced tonight the addition of Two-Time Olympic Pairs Medalists Shen and Zhao to the pairs competition at next week's Four Continents Championships in Colorado Springs, CO. Read the complete story at US Figure Skating.

Visit the official Four Continents website here!

Woohoo!!!! More Star Power :)

I don't want to be mean but I am really hoping Kimmie doesn't win this one... at least if she skates the way she has this season. She is the dullest champion ever.

Oh, that's mean. But I'd rather see Alyssa, Bin Shu, Fumie, even that North Korean skater (is it Na-Young Kim? I forget, but they have one who's about 26, lovely, and can jump) - they're all special in their own ways. Kimmie just racks up points. :sheesh:

And while I'm being bad: Emily better not win either. :disagree:

krenseby

Final Flight
re:

IKimmie just racks up points. :sheesh:

Uhhm, what else is there to figure skating than racking up points? You make it sound like a bad thing! But it's how skaters win... Geez... Jump all over Kimmie for being a point-getter.

Uhhm, what else is there to figure skating than racking up points?
I don't mean to suggest that it's NOT about points, but if that were ALL it were about I wouldn't watch. Grace, style, astounding physical gifts, discipline, "flying," the quest for perfection, musicality, choreography - skating is about all of those and they aren't all captured in the point system (as many COP critics have noted).

I'm OK with COP but it's not the last word about skating.

iliushka

Spectator
North Korean skater (is it Na-Young Kim? I forget, but they have one who's about 26, lovely, and can jump)

She might be Yong-Suk Kim, but her name isn't exist in 4CC entries...:(
Btw, Na-Young Kim is South Korean, and she will participate in this competition.

For the Ladies Canada is sending their A Team minus Leung
The USA is sending their A Team in toto. (Bebe not even lst alternate???)
The Japanese A Team will not be there but Fumie will.

Canada will send their A Team in Mens
The USA will send their A Team minus Weir replaced by Abbott.
Japan will send only one A Team in Mens
China is not sending chenjiang Li.

Canada will send all A Team in Pairs
USA will send all A Team in Pairs
China will send S&Z does anything else matter?

Dance - It's all about Canada v. USA. especially V/M v. D/W.

Joe

Sylvia

Record Breaker
(Bebe not even lst alternate???)
Bebe Liang IS the first alternate (based on her 4th place finish at Nationals, followed by the 6th-8th place ladies - Kahle, Cannarozzo, Taylor) -- the alternates are always listed in alphabetical order on the ISU rosters -- repost of 4CC roster link:
http://www.isufs.org/events/fsevent00009367.htm

ETA: I hope India's Ami Parekh has a positiive experience in her ISU Championships debut! :)

Last edited:
Oh I didn't know about alphabetically.

Anyway, if I were going, I wouldn't worry about Results. I would just want to see certain improvements in skating from all concerned. I especially would like to see if Abbott can rise to the occasion.

Also a chance to see Buttle and Rochette.

The three US ladies need this as part of their training.

Joe

R.D.

Record Breaker
wow, I can't believe all these big names are going to be there! If this keeps up this can turn into a big event just like the European Champs. Adds some excitement to a usually dull competition...one I normally skip over and would have skipped this one had I not decided to check the final roster...

Now if only Mao and Miki were there.

R.D.

Record Breaker
To those not wanting Kimmie to win: if she can land her jumps she really doesn't have much competition here, I have to say. There's also a chance for a US sweep in ladies (although somewhat dimmed by Czisny's inconsistency).

singerskates

On the Ice
Does anybody know why Johnny Weir is not competing here?

My guess is that Johnny saw Jeff Buttle's programs on youTube and now knows that he doesn't have a chance on standing on the podium. (Just imagine, the points Jeff can add up if he lands his quad clean, adds the second triple axel clean and puts triple jumps as the second jump of his combinations. Plus, Jeff said in a news article after Canadians that he's going to up his other two spins to Level 4 and up his footwork too. Jeff's going to have over 170 for his freeskate easy. Canadians was Jeff's first competiton for the 2006-2007 season because of his spinal injury. I just know that Jeff is getting ready to peak at Worlds!)

Or

He's over scheduled himself before checking out the whole year's competition schedule.

Last edited:
To those not wanting Kimmie to win: if she can land her jumps she really doesn't have much competition here, I have to say. There's also a chance for a US sweep in ladies (although somewhat dimmed by Czisny's inconsistency).
I can't understand why there is so much animosity toward Kimmie? She's a competent skater that stood up in Calgary, got lucky, and got the publicity splash that goes with winning the Worlds. How horrible was that? She didn't get to the Oscars, the cameo movie parts, etc. Just a bad pitch at the Pittsburgh Pirates game.

While she is not my favorite skater, I could not wish her any bad luck. Let's see how she does at 4CCs, and Worlds. If she should happen to win these events (I doubt it) the anti-Kimmies will still have that animosity towards her. I don't understand why so much emotion for another person. Negative thinking for me just doesn't work.

Joe

lotusland

On the Ice
I don't think there is an athlete alive (or deceased) that had "universal approval" ... the public just isn't wired that way ... there are always decenters amongst every crowd.

You are quite correct Joe, Kimmie stood up when others did not, she made fewer and less important mistakes in her program than did the remainder of her field, and as a result, she completed her program in a more satisfactory way than did the other ladies. It wasn't Kimmie's fault she won, all the other ladies had an equal opportunity to skate to their potential as well, but I'm betting my little bag of pesos, regardless of how many decenters there are out there, she is sure glad she grabbed her 4:10 minutes of fame ;)

Tigger

Final Flight
Well....Looks like for the first time, the ISU is going to have a 4CC like they've always wanted. The big three are, for the most part, sending their A teams. Shen and Zhao are coming. This is going to be fun to watch. :biggrin:

In ladies, I don't agree that Kimmie has no competition or that we can expect a U.S. sweep. Japan might not have their A+ team, but Suguri, Onda and Sawada aren't chopped liver. Rochette will show up. How about Yan Liu for a spoiler?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
didn't they have a bunch of big names at the 4cc the year before the olympics. I know a big deal was made about the pairs having the big guns (Shen and Zhao and Sale and Pelletier)

Tigger

Final Flight
True, but for the most part that was only in the Pairs event. I can't ever remember a 4CC w/a line up like this. It's great!!