Entries | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Entries

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
In ladies, I don't agree that Kimmie has no competition or that we can expect a U.S. sweep. Japan might not have their A+ team, but Suguri, Onda and Sawada aren't chopped liver. Rochette will show up. How about Yan Liu for a spoiler?

Yan Liu is not going to be a spoiler, her conditoning this season is a disaster. I do have a realistic spoiler's name on my mind, but in order not to anger skating God, I'm not going to tell!

Does anyone believe, like me, that the venue in the US gets the flock going. True Sasha and Michelle would never do this venue, but they are gone. How many would go if it were held in Beijing? or Seaul? or Nagano? or Capetown?

Joe

AliasJohnDoe

Rinkside
Yan Liu is not going to be a spoiler, her conditoning this season is a disaster. I do have a realistic spoiler's name on my mind, but in order not to anger skating God, I'm not going to tell!

I'll tell. I'm immune to the skate gods. :laugh: ....Binshu Xu :agree:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My guess is that Johnny saw Jeff Buttle's programs on youTube and now knows that he doesn't have a chance on standing on the podium. (Just imagine, the points Jeff can add up if he lands his quad clean, adds the second triple axel clean and puts triple jumps as the second jump of his combinations. Plus, Jeff said in a news article after Canadians that he's going to up his other two spins to Level 4 and up his footwork too. Jeff's going to have over 170 for his freeskate easy. Canadians was Jeff's first competiton for the 2006-2007 season because of his spinal injury. I just know that Jeff is getting ready to peak at Worlds!)

Or

He's over scheduled himself before checking out the whole year's competition schedule.

Neither of the above are true. Johnny already had other events scheduled. He hasn't done 4CC since he won his first US championship.

Sorry, but everyone isn't running away scared of Jeff Buttle. Until Jeff consistently puts together 2 clean programs per competition, he is just as vulnerable as anyone else. I do not recall even ONE clean FS from Jeff in an international competition over the past 3 years.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker

I thought Mira wasn't coming to 4CC!