Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: Six Thousand Posts

  1. #1
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,549

    Six Thousand Posts

    And a New Custom Title
    Last edited by R.D.; 01-08-2007 at 04:04 PM.

  2. #2
    Shoe Diva
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Detroit, MI - So Glad to be Home!
    Posts
    2,837
    Congrats Mr. Big Dawg...

  3. #3
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,335
    Yay!!!!

    But what happened to that blockbuster 6000th post that you were threatening us with a while back?

  4. #4
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,549
    This is it, here (well, the first post in the thread) I just made some posts after that. The big thing was the change of custom title from "Over the Hill" to "The Skeptic". Figured it would be more fitting since a select few posters always talk about how pessimistic or "negative" I am.

  5. #5
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,335
    Oh. Well, I expected a big rant about how Michelle is the worst skater of all-time (except for Sasha), and everybody on GS can bite you if they don't believe it.

  6. #6
    Shoe Diva
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Detroit, MI - So Glad to be Home!
    Posts
    2,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    This is it, here (well, the first post in the thread) I just made some posts after that. The big thing was the change of custom title from "Over the Hill" to "The Skeptic". Figured it would be more fitting since a select few posters always talk about how pessimistic or "negative" I am.

    You are negative, pessimistic and just a downright nasty piece of work... just jokes, I'm trying to push my posting number up, so I can re-name myself Diva Extraordinare (of course, I'd probably have to learn to spell it...)

    So, RD, now that you have 6000 posts ~ whatta ya gonna do next??

  7. #7
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Oh. Well, I expected a big rant about how Michelle is the worst skater of all-time (except for Sasha), and everybody on GS can bite you if they don't believe it.
    hehe. Just replace "Michelle" with "Kwanfans" and "worst skater" with "meanest people". And you'd BETTER believe it

    JUST KIDDING OF COURSE

    So, RD, now that you have 6000 posts ~ whatta ya gonna do next??
    Just the usual deal. Maybe if I get to 10,000 I'll post a picture of "the real me"...if the climate lightens up significantly.
    Last edited by R.D.; 01-08-2007 at 06:03 PM.

  8. #8
    Custom Title Joesitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    20,185
    Congrats RD. How many posts would you say were about Kwan and Cohen?

    Do you think you will reach another thousand without them?

    Joe

  9. #9
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,549
    Well, not doing too bad right now

    I do see life in skating past Kwan and Cohen, and it actually relieves me to know that there will be fewer fights (knock on wood!!!!!!!) on this forum, because those two alone were the root cause of quite a bit of drama, and not only on GS but just about every skating forum.

  10. #10
    Gliding Along dlkksk8fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,685
    Wow 6000+. You still have a long way to catch mathman and Joe too

  11. #11
    Custom Title antmanb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    UK - Manchester
    Posts
    4,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    Well, not doing too bad right now

    I do see life in skating past Kwan and Cohen, and it actually relieves me to know that there will be fewer fights (knock on wood!!!!!!!) on this forum, because those two alone were the root cause of quite a bit of drama, and not only on GS but just about every skating forum.
    I wouldn't be so sure...before Kwan vs Cohen it was Kwan vs Lipinski that caused bad blood on the internet, before then Tonya vs Nancy etc etc...the pattern i've seen is where there are two high profile US ladies.

    Ant

  12. #12
    Shoe Diva
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Detroit, MI - So Glad to be Home!
    Posts
    2,837
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure...before Kwan vs Cohen it was Kwan vs Lipinski that caused bad blood on the internet, before then Tonya vs Nancy etc etc...the pattern i've seen is where there are two high profile US ladies.

    Ant
    Yeah, but Kimmie & Emily simply don't ignite the "my dad can beat up your dad!" emotions as Michelle vs. Sasha / Tara... Oh well, now RD can focus on defining the difference between skating as sport vs. skating as performance...

  13. #13
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,335
    Let's keep the board wars going by starting up a fight between Rachael Flatt and Caroline Zhang!
    Last edited by Mathman; 01-09-2007 at 12:53 PM.

  14. #14
    Custom Title Joesitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    20,185
    Don't forget there are Three (count em) Megans.

  15. #15
    MY TVC 1 5 SeaniBu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Watching the Wheels
    Posts
    4,984
    I like the custom title change, fits as you said - much better then the "over the hill" .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •