Six Thousand Posts | Golden Skate

Six Thousand Posts

Yay!!!!

But what happened to that blockbuster 6000th post that you were threatening us with a while back?

R.D.

Record Breaker
This is it, here ;) (well, the first post in the thread) I just made some posts after that. The big thing was the change of custom title from "Over the Hill" to "The Skeptic". Figured it would be more fitting since a select few posters always talk about how pessimistic or "negative" I am.

Oh. Well, I expected a big rant about how Michelle is the worst skater of all-time (except for Sasha), and everybody on GS can bite you if they don't believe it. ;) :biggrin:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
This is it, here ;) (well, the first post in the thread) I just made some posts after that. The big thing was the change of custom title from "Over the Hill" to "The Skeptic". Figured it would be more fitting since a select few posters always talk about how pessimistic or "negative" I am.

:laugh: :laugh:
You are negative, pessimistic and just a downright nasty piece of work... just jokes, I'm trying to push my posting number up, so I can re-name myself Diva Extraordinare (of course, I'd probably have to learn to spell it...):p :p

So, RD, now that you have 6000 posts ~ whatta ya gonna do next??

R.D.

Record Breaker
Oh. Well, I expected a big rant about how Michelle is the worst skater of all-time (except for Sasha), and everybody on GS can bite you if they don't believe it. ;) :biggrin:

hehe. Just replace "Michelle" with "Kwanfans" and "worst skater" with "meanest people". And you'd BETTER believe it :cool: :yes:

:laugh: JUST KIDDING OF COURSE

So, RD, now that you have 6000 posts ~ whatta ya gonna do next??

Just the usual deal. Maybe if I get to 10,000 I'll post a picture of "the real me"...if the climate lightens up significantly. :laugh: ;)

Last edited:
Congrats RD. How many posts would you say were about Kwan and Cohen?

Do you think you will reach another thousand without them?

Joe

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well, not doing too bad right now :yes:

I do see life in skating past Kwan and Cohen, and it actually relieves me to know that there will be fewer fights (knock on wood!!!!!!!) on this forum, because those two alone were the root cause of quite a bit of drama, and not only on GS but just about every skating forum.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Well, not doing too bad right now :yes:

I do see life in skating past Kwan and Cohen, and it actually relieves me to know that there will be fewer fights (knock on wood!!!!!!!) on this forum, because those two alone were the root cause of quite a bit of drama, and not only on GS but just about every skating forum.

I wouldn't be so sure...before Kwan vs Cohen it was Kwan vs Lipinski that caused bad blood on the internet, before then Tonya vs Nancy etc etc...the pattern i've seen is where there are two high profile US ladies.

Ant

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I wouldn't be so sure...before Kwan vs Cohen it was Kwan vs Lipinski that caused bad blood on the internet, before then Tonya vs Nancy etc etc...the pattern i've seen is where there are two high profile US ladies.

Ant

Yeah, but Kimmie & Emily simply don't ignite the "my dad can beat up your dad!" emotions as Michelle vs. Sasha / Tara... Oh well, now RD can focus on defining the difference between skating as sport vs. skating as performance... ;)

Let's keep the board wars going by starting up a fight between Rachael Flatt and Caroline Zhang! ;) :laugh:

Last edited:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
:clap: I like the custom title change, fits as you said - much better then the "over the hill":agree: .

All seriousness aside ;), I blame Katy Taylor for the lack of fur-flying board wars these days.

It was all set up for the next U.S. rivalry to be Kimmie versus Katy (good friends in real life), with the Kwan fans switching their allegiance over to Kimmie and with Katy becoming the new hero of the Tara/Sasha crowd (the owners of Sashafans even started a new Katy board.)

But Katy has had a dismal season so far, due in part to new boot problems, and the rivalry never got off the ground.

But it's not too late! Go Katy at U.S. Nationals! :rock:

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
did the SashaFans group ever bring the KimmieFans site back?

RD - congrats, love the new title too!

R.D.

Record Breaker
I think there's still the Kimmie Meissner forum, though. And kimmie-meissner.net is kept up-to-date (more or less).