Where are you from? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Where are you from?

K

KwanFan1212

Re: Where are you from

Hi all! *waves* :D I'm Heather, 27, I live in Cincinnati, Ohio, and I am quite happy at the moment to be a single gal! (My two coworkers are having major husband issues and they just make me cringe with all the stuff they are going through. I know marriage isn't that bad but they sure make it sound crazy enough that I am glad I am still single! LOL) I have been a skating fan for most of my life (I remember when Scotty won and Brian B vs. Brian O. and Kat Witt and Debbie Thomas etc.) and yes, I know that isn't really long to some of you but I guess it is something! LOL ;) In addition to skating, I am also a HUGE baseball fan (Go Reds and Angels!) and a HUGE Ohio State football fan (Who hoo! Nat'l Champs baby! :cool: ). I guess it is fairly obvious who my absolute fave skaters are (if you haven't figured that out by now, I have no clue where you've been......LOL ;) ) but I am also a big fan of Todd E., Timmy, AP, Jenny, Angela, Kurt, Brian B, Elena & Anton, John Z (and I hear he skates with some girl too....LOL), Shae & Vic, and Bella & Patch. In my non skating related times, I am a busy gal with my home church helping as a counselor with the youth group, leading a Bible Study for our high school girls, helping with outreach and volunteer events, and I am the leader of our worship design team for our contemporary worship services. Oh, I also graduated college in 2000 with my Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design, not that my current job has ANYTHING to do with it but that particular occupation is lacking a bit in Cincy right now. :eek: So that is me in a nutshell! :cool:

Oh, I tend to ramble too......sorry about that! LOL :rollin:

P

Ptichka

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>By family, do you mean your parents or your spouse?[/quote]Granny, as I said I have moved here 14 years ago, and I am now 26.... So by "family" I mean my parents and grandparents. And I am a female:)

The two countries are of course very different. I really consider myself the product of both. Interestinly enough, I started identifying with Boston much earlier than I started considering myself an "American". Just as now, even though I do not feel any loyalty to Russia, I still feel very strongly about St. Petersburg. I definitely like to travel -- in the last 6 years I have been to most European countries, as well as Canada and Mexico (and by Mexico I do not mean resort). Eventually, I would like to visit most places in the world. And I haven't even started on Africa, Asia, or South America! I am already 26! You think I have enough time???!!! :)

2loop2002

Hello~
I guess I'm new here since this is only my second post, but I've been a lurker on the board since the old about.com days. So I feel like I "know" some of you pretty well. :D
I'm currently a busy college student at the university known for its football (not basketball) program in Kansas. I'm a Kansas native, but lived in Colorado for two years. Those two years included the first year that the Avalanche won the Stanley Cup, so I became a big fan! I used to skate competitively, but had to give that up when I moved for college. This town has no permanent rink. :(
I chose my user name because I landed my first double loop in 2002. That was the highest jump I ever landed, and I love it. Unfortunately it was also the first jump I lost after I quit skating regularly. I love college life even though I can't skate anymore. I'm really busy though, so I don't know how much I'll actually post.

S

sk8cynic

Hey all,

It's great reading where everyone is from and a little bit about themselves! Makes the 'forum friendships' a little more real.

Me, I'm 35 (36 in a month), mother of a 7 year old daughter, and have recently moved back to my hometown, Atlanta GA, after living for 2 years in Seattle. Never left my roots as I am a diehard Braves and Thrashers fan!!

Looking forward to Nats in Atlanta next January!! I'm extending an open invitation to everyone to meet up at Philips Arena - I'd love to meet fellow GS members!!

G

Grgranny

I would be interested to know whereabouts in Kansas you were raised. If you don't want to put it on the board, you could pm me. I guess you must be at KSU? Lots of people around here went there. I guess I didn't realize they were that much into football since I was originally from Nebr. and of course there it's the Cornhuskers. I met my husband when he was a student there.

2loop2002

Grgranny,
I PMed you. Hopefully I did it right. K-State's success with football has really only been since 1989 when Bill Snyder was hired as head coach. We haven't really reached the dominating reign like Nebraska's football program had in the past. We went 11-2 last season and ended the season ranked in the Top 10. We also made our tenth straight bowl appearance. Back when my parents attended K-State the university had a great men's basketball team, but a horrible football team. Things have definitely been reversed since then.

K

Kasey

DEFINATELY a nice post! hee hee

Sorry Grgranny, just had to do that! :)

Let's see, I'm originally from the East coast (New York and New Jersey)....but have lived in Texas, Florida, Missouri, California, Nevada, and overseas a bit as well...

No family (yet), just me and my critters...four kitties, one bunny who thinks he's a feline...

Kasey

H

heyang

Re: a brief bio

I live in Central NJ, but was born in NYC and grew up in Peekskill, NY. Earned a degree in Computer Science at RIT. Miss working in NYC, but glad I wasn't there for 9/11. Female. Single w/o children - still looking for Mr. Right - in the mean time, I'm enjoying the positive aspects of single life. Have about 18 months til I turn 40. I am a Development Manager of Phillips Van Heusen in Retail IT.

My parents both emigrated from China (actually the area where SARS 1st broke out) as teenagers with their parents. I have one brother who is 9 1/2 months younger than me - he's married and has a son and a daughter. I spoil the niece and nephew and my cousins' kids all the time.

I can't pinpoint the exact performance that made me an armchair figure skating fan.

B

Becca27

Hi, I'm new but just to add to this thread I'm from the UK.

G

Grgranny

There keeps being more new posters. WELCOME. This is so great. Love hearing from you.