Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: What are your Europeans 2007 Predictions

  1. #1
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    544

    What are your Europeans 2007 Predictions

    Hi Everyone, What are your 2007 European Predictions, mine are based on current form:

    Pairs:
    Gold Savchenko/Szolkowy
    Silver Petrova/Tikhonov (If Maria is well)
    Bronze Siudek/Siudek

    Men:
    Gold Brian Joubert
    Silver Alban Preaubert
    Bronze Kevin Van Der Perren

    Dance:
    Gold Denkova/Staviski
    Silver Domnina/Shabalin
    Bronze Delobel/Schoenfelder

    Ladies:
    Gold Sarah Meier
    Silver Susanna Poykio
    Bronze Carolina Kostner (coming into some form)

  2. #2
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    117
    Dance:
    Gold Denkova/Staviski
    Silver Delobel/Schoenfelder

    Pairs:
    Gold Savchenko/Szolkowy

    Men:
    Gold Brian Joubert

    Ladies:
    Gold Sarah Meier

  3. #3
    Custom Title Joesitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    20,185
    Oh I think Lambiel will be on the podium despit his illness.

  4. #4
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    102
    Ladies:

    Sarah Meier
    Susanna Pöykiö
    Carolina Kostner

    Sokolova could pull it together and surprise everyone, but I doubt it. I wouldn't mind seeing Elene Gedevanishvili on the podium, although I don't think that'll happen this year, either.

    Men:

    Brian Joubert
    Stéphane Lambiel
    Alban Préaubert

    The Russians might have a chance, if Lambiel or Préaubert is hindered by injury. I'd like to see a dark horse contender make it to the podium -- someone like Verner or Berntsson.

    Pairs:

    Savchenko & Szolkowy
    Siudek & Siudek
    Obertas & Slavnov (if they're having a good night)

    Dance:

    Delobel & Schoenfelder
    Denkova & Staviyski
    Domnina & Shabalin

    I've listed Dance in alphabetical order -- I never get the placements right for this discipline!

  5. #5
    Tripping on the Podium AliasJohnDoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    54
    Ladies:
    1.Meier
    2.Kostner
    3.Poykio
    4.Sebestyen
    5.Gedevanishvili
    6.Korpi

    Men:
    1.Joubert
    2.Lambiel
    3.Preaubert
    4.Verner
    5.Griazev
    6.Ponsero

    Pairs: (If Petrova/Tikhunov compete, #2 after S/S)
    1.Savchenko/Szolkowy
    2.Volosozhar/Morozov
    3.Mukhortova/Trankov
    4.Siudek/Siudek
    5.Pla/Bonheur
    6.Efaiva/Menshikov

    Dance:
    1.Denkova/Staviski
    2.Domnina/Shabalin
    3.Khokhlova/Novitski
    4.Delobel/Schoenfelder (ouch)
    5.Faiella/Scali
    6.Kerr/Kerr

  6. #6
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    117
    Does anyone believe that Del/S will be ahead of Dom/S this time?

  7. #7
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    england
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by lanadd View Post
    Does anyone believe that Del/S will be ahead of Dom/S this time?
    No way not now .Judges have the russians in front and they will stay there .
    IMO I don't think K/N are in the same league as Del/Sho just yet .Del/S have better edges and quality of skating .If K/N get the bronze ahead of them and Del/S skated good then I will give up . to the russians

    I've been looking forward to this all D/S podium for a long time .
    1.Denkova/Staviski
    2.Domnina/Shabalin
    3.Delobel/Shoenfelder
    Do you think the Kerrs will get fourth or K/N ?or maybe F/S .
    Last edited by nuge; 01-11-2007 at 06:31 AM.

  8. #8
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    544
    The Ice Dance will be interesting, but it seems the judges want Domnina and Shabalin to move up in time for the Vancouver games - Again politics come into it, remember Nafka and Kostomorov's rise after the 2003 season, the same has happened with Domnina and Shabalin.

    They are great couples but WHY DOES THE SPORT THINK THAT RUSSIAN ICE DANCERS HAVE TO BE AT THE TOP JUST BEACUSE HISTORY TELLS THEM SO.

    The likes of Drobiazko/Vanagas, Winkler/Lohse and Delobel/Schoenfelder who have great edge work are dethroned.

    But yes Domnina and Shabalin will be ahead of Delobel and Schoenfelder and I am afraid that Khoklova and Novitski will be ahed of both the Kerrs and Faiella and Scali. Time will tell and I hope thee will be surprises.

    Does anyone know if Chait and Sakhovskiy are still injured - it looks like Sergei's injury has not healed - They would have caused a surprise with the judges and would have been in the mix

  9. #9
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    england
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by russell30 View Post

    But yes Domnina and Shabalin will be ahead of Delobel and Schoenfelder and I am afraid that Khoklova and Novitski will be ahed of both the Kerrs and Faiella and Scali. Time will tell and I hope thee will be surprises.

    Does anyone know if Chait and Sakhovskiy are still injured - it looks like Sergei's injury has not healed - They would have caused a surprise with the judges and would have been in the mix
    I think you could be right about the Kerrs and F/S .It's going to be very interesting at worlds.I wonder if D/L will be ahead of Dom /Shab ?
    Who knows where C/S would be placed if they were around.Hope they skate next season.Also it's going to be anyone's guess where B/A end up .Very unpredictable but makes it more exciting .
    Think the worlds podium could be
    1.Den/Stav
    2.Dom/Shab
    3.D/L or B/A
    then Dom/Shab win euros/worlds 2008 2009 then olympic gold .I don't think D/L should stick around till 2010 as the medals will probably be between D/Shab B/A K/N . JMHO.

  10. #10
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    No way not now .Judges have the russians in front and they will stay there .
    IMO I don't think K/N are in the same league as Del/Sho just yet .Del/S have better edges and quality of skating .If K/N get the bronze ahead of them and Del/S skated good then I will give up . to the russians

    I've been looking forward to this all D/S podium for a long time .
    1.Denkova/Staviski
    2.Domnina/Shabalin
    3.Delobel/Shoenfelder
    Do you think the Kerrs will get fourth or K/N ?or maybe F/S .
    I do have the feeling that this time the judges will place Del/S more correctly-(ahead of Dom/S).Remember that the GPF was in Russia and the euro in Poland-this should play some role

  11. #11
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    england
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by lanadd View Post
    I do have the feeling that this time the judges will place Del/S more correctly-(ahead of Dom/S).Remember that the GPF was in Russia and the euro in Poland-this should play some role
    I would love you to be right .Lets hope so.

  12. #12
    Tripping on the Podium AliasJohnDoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    54
    How does everyone think Volosozhar/Morozov will do after being plagued with injuries for so long? I'm wondering if they'll yet again withdraw at the last minute.

    And does anyone know what kind of shape Kostner is in?

    I actually think Del/Shoes and Suideks will be 3rd, but put the Russians(K/N & M/T) 3rd to add some drama.
    Last edited by AliasJohnDoe; 01-11-2007 at 02:26 PM.

  13. #13
    Forum translator Ptichka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    4,430
    All right, I'll play.

    Pairs
    1. Savchenko & Szolkowy
    2. Kawaguchi & Smirnov
    3. Siudek & Siudek

    Dance
    1. Denkova & Staviski
    2. Domnina & Shabalin
    3. Delobel & Schoenfelder

    Men
    1. Joubert
    2. Lambiel
    3. Preaubert

    Ladies
    1. Meyer
    2. Kostner
    3. Gedevanishvili

  14. #14
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    199
    Ladies:
    1. Sarah Meier (Win here would be good momentum at worlds....)
    2. Susanna Poykio (The European Kwan in my opinion)
    3. Julia Sebestyen
    4. Elena Gedevanishvili
    5. Carolina Kostner
    6. Kiira Korpi (4th at Nationals???)
    7. Alisa Drei
    8. Alexandra Levleva (Please save russian skating...)
    9. Elena Sokolova
    10. Viktoria Pavuk

    To bad French skating in ladies has gone down the drain.....

  15. #15
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by TtonyV7 View Post

    To bad French skating in ladies has gone down the drain.....
    Yes, it was a sad spectacle at Trophée Eric Bompard. Had it not been for Sonia Radeva, they would have made up the bottom three.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •