What are your Europeans 2007 Predictions | Golden Skate

What are your Europeans 2007 Predictions

russell30

Final Flight
Hi Everyone, What are your 2007 European Predictions, mine are based on current form:

Pairs:
Gold Savchenko/Szolkowy
Silver Petrova/Tikhonov (If Maria is well)
Bronze Siudek/Siudek

Men:
Gold Brian Joubert
Silver Alban Preaubert
Bronze Kevin Van Der Perren

Dance:
Gold Denkova/Staviski
Silver Domnina/Shabalin
Bronze Delobel/Schoenfelder

Ladies:
Gold Sarah Meier
Silver Susanna Poykio
Bronze Carolina Kostner (coming into some form)

lanadd

On the Ice
Dance:
Gold Denkova/Staviski :)
Silver Delobel/Schoenfelder

Pairs:
Gold Savchenko/Szolkowy

Men:
Gold Brian Joubert

Ladies:
Gold Sarah Meier

scorekeeper

On the Ice
Ladies:

Sarah Meier
Susanna Pöykiö
Carolina Kostner

Sokolova could pull it together and surprise everyone, but I doubt it. I wouldn't mind seeing Elene Gedevanishvili on the podium, although I don't think that'll happen this year, either.

Men:

Brian Joubert
Stéphane Lambiel
Alban Préaubert

The Russians might have a chance, if Lambiel or Préaubert is hindered by injury. I'd like to see a dark horse contender make it to the podium -- someone like Verner or Berntsson.

Pairs:

Savchenko & Szolkowy
Siudek & Siudek
Obertas & Slavnov (if they're having a good night)

Dance:

Delobel & Schoenfelder
Denkova & Staviyski
Domnina & Shabalin

I've listed Dance in alphabetical order -- I never get the placements right for this discipline!

AliasJohnDoe

Rinkside
Ladies:
1.Meier
2.Kostner
3.Poykio
4.Sebestyen
5.Gedevanishvili
6.Korpi

Men:
1.Joubert
2.Lambiel
3.Preaubert
4.Verner
5.Griazev
6.Ponsero

Pairs: (If Petrova/Tikhunov compete, #2 after S/S)
1.Savchenko/Szolkowy
2.Volosozhar/Morozov
3.Mukhortova/Trankov
4.Siudek/Siudek
5.Pla/Bonheur
6.Efaiva/Menshikov

Dance:
1.Denkova/Staviski
2.Domnina/Shabalin
3.Khokhlova/Novitski
4.Delobel/Schoenfelder (ouch)
5.Faiella/Scali
6.Kerr/Kerr

nuge

On the Ice
Does anyone believe that Del/S will be ahead of Dom/S this time?
No way not now .Judges have the russians in front and they will stay there .
IMO I don't think K/N are in the same league as Del/Sho just yet .Del/S have better edges and quality of skating .If K/N get the bronze ahead of them and Del/S skated good then I will give up .:bow: to the russians :scowl: :no:

I've been looking forward to this all D/S podium for a long time .
1.Denkova/Staviski
2.Domnina/Shabalin
3.Delobel/Shoenfelder
Do you think the Kerrs will get fourth or K/N ?or maybe F/S .

Last edited:

russell30

Final Flight
The Ice Dance will be interesting, but it seems the judges want Domnina and Shabalin to move up in time for the Vancouver games - Again politics come into it, remember Nafka and Kostomorov's rise after the 2003 season, the same has happened with Domnina and Shabalin.

They are great couples but WHY DOES THE SPORT THINK THAT RUSSIAN ICE DANCERS HAVE TO BE AT THE TOP JUST BEACUSE HISTORY TELLS THEM SO.

The likes of Drobiazko/Vanagas, Winkler/Lohse and Delobel/Schoenfelder who have great edge work are dethroned.

But yes Domnina and Shabalin will be ahead of Delobel and Schoenfelder and I am afraid that Khoklova and Novitski will be ahed of both the Kerrs and Faiella and Scali. Time will tell and I hope thee will be surprises.

Does anyone know if Chait and Sakhovskiy are still injured - it looks like Sergei's injury has not healed - They would have caused a surprise with the judges and would have been in the mix

nuge

On the Ice
But yes Domnina and Shabalin will be ahead of Delobel and Schoenfelder and I am afraid that Khoklova and Novitski will be ahed of both the Kerrs and Faiella and Scali. Time will tell and I hope thee will be surprises.

Does anyone know if Chait and Sakhovskiy are still injured - it looks like Sergei's injury has not healed - They would have caused a surprise with the judges and would have been in the mix

I think you could be right about the Kerrs and F/S .It's going to be very interesting at worlds.I wonder if D/L will be ahead of Dom /Shab ?
Who knows where C/S would be placed if they were around.Hope they skate next season.Also it's going to be anyone's guess where B/A end up .Very unpredictable but makes it more exciting .
Think the worlds podium could be
1.Den/Stav
2.Dom/Shab
3.D/L or B/A
then Dom/Shab win euros/worlds 2008 2009 then olympic gold .I don't think D/L should stick around till 2010 as the medals will probably be between D/Shab B/A K/N . JMHO.;)

lanadd

On the Ice
No way not now .Judges have the russians in front and they will stay there .
IMO I don't think K/N are in the same league as Del/Sho just yet .Del/S have better edges and quality of skating .If K/N get the bronze ahead of them and Del/S skated good then I will give up .:bow: to the russians :scowl: :no:

I've been looking forward to this all D/S podium for a long time .
1.Denkova/Staviski
2.Domnina/Shabalin
3.Delobel/Shoenfelder
Do you think the Kerrs will get fourth or K/N ?or maybe F/S .

I do have the feeling that this time the judges will place Del/S more correctly-(ahead of Dom/S).Remember that the GPF was in Russia and the euro in Poland-this should play some role

nuge

On the Ice
I do have the feeling that this time the judges will place Del/S more correctly-(ahead of Dom/S).Remember that the GPF was in Russia and the euro in Poland-this should play some role

I would love you to be right .Lets hope so.:yes:

AliasJohnDoe

Rinkside
How does everyone think Volosozhar/Morozov will do after being plagued with injuries for so long? I'm wondering if they'll yet again withdraw at the last minute.

And does anyone know what kind of shape Kostner is in?

I actually think Del/Shoes and Suideks will be 3rd, but put the Russians(K/N & M/T) 3rd to add some drama.

Last edited:

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
All right, I'll play.

Pairs
1. Savchenko & Szolkowy
2. Kawaguchi & Smirnov
3. Siudek & Siudek

Dance
1. Denkova & Staviski
2. Domnina & Shabalin
3. Delobel & Schoenfelder

Men
1. Joubert
2. Lambiel
3. Preaubert

Ladies
1. Meyer
2. Kostner
3. Gedevanishvili

TtonyV7

On the Ice
Ladies:
1. Sarah Meier (Win here would be good momentum at worlds....)
2. Susanna Poykio (The European Kwan in my opinion)
3. Julia Sebestyen
4. Elena Gedevanishvili
5. Carolina Kostner
6. Kiira Korpi (4th at Nationals???)
7. Alisa Drei
8. Alexandra Levleva (Please save russian skating...)
9. Elena Sokolova
10. Viktoria Pavuk

To bad French skating in ladies has gone down the drain.....