British Championships 9th -13th Jan, 2007 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

British Championships 9th -13th Jan, 2007

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Jodi has posted some incredibly detailed reports from each day's events up on FSU for those with access. :agree:

antmanb

Record Breaker
Oh Ant! Sorry to hear about the Kylie Concert, I heard a news report about it, but didn't imagine that's where you were for the night. Shame! You've had no luck recently with buying tickets for shows. :disapp:

Not to worry - apparently fate was smiling on me yesterday since i went on ticketline and looked to see if there were any tickets left for thursday's concert and someone was smiling down on me becaue i've manged to get tickets in the second block from the front (slightly better seats than i had for saturday whcih i bought three or four months ago!). I think they're going to give refunds on saturday's tickets rather than re-schedule.

Good news for those of us without Sky, heard back from NISA's Keith Horton at last [apparantly he was away before the British.]

"As you will have seen we did not stream the event this year. However the good news is that we have produced a 30 minute video which will be broadcast on Sky in February and after this it will be available to watch on our new web site for those that do not have access to SKY TV." :)

Wow they really are getting their act together aren't they!

Review, including Jump details here. ;)

Thanks for the link! i always forget about absolute skating!

Those two Scottish girls you sat next to last time sound familiar! :)

Was they people who you know, or maybe even were you on eof them?! Either way i really enjoyed sitting with them because I always have to go and watch skating on my own since none of my friends are hardcore enough to stomach an entire day at the British!

Re the Kerr's PCS:
TBH I don't think S&J were overscored at all, if you look at their PCS scores they are all mid 7s, and in the GPs this season their PCS scores have all been high 6s to low 7s, so I wouldn't say that was a great exaggeration, as both the Times & Telegraph reporters said they skated "superbly", and everyone commented how much they've improved this season under Platov, although ofcourse every skater's scores usually go up for their own Nationals. ;)

I honestly thought that given their GP scores that they were probably fair game but thought i'd ask! I remeber a coupld of yers ago when the O's were skating and Marika and Vitaly (when the withdrew after the OD) i went back to the car park after the FD and heard no end of whining from fans about how the Kerrs were "NISA's pets" and how the O's skated much better than them and deserved to win. Now i don't claim to have any dance knowledge at all and i am a little biased towards Sinead and John, but i just didn't see how the O's could have beaten the Kerrs int he FD.

Anyway i digress!

Ant

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Not to worry - apparently fate was smiling on me yesterday since i went on ticketline and looked to see if there were any tickets left for thursday's concert and someone was smiling down on me becaue i've manged to get tickets in the second block from the front (slightly better seats than i had for saturday whcih i bought three or four months ago!).
Ant

Great news, have a fab time, and fingers crossed nothing goes wrong, or you'll be henceforth known as Jinxed Ant! lol! :clap:

Was they people who you know, or maybe even were you on eof them?! Either way i really enjoyed sitting with them because I always have to go and watch skating on my own since none of my friends are hardcore enough to stomach an entire day at the British!

Ooh, I wish it could've been me, as I'm stuck down in London, with a bit of a London accent, but it could've either been Mel, the Kerr's web editor and friend, or some of the other Scottish fans online, who usually attend events [AnnieD?]. :)
If I ever manage to make it up there [as next year it'll be in Sheffield] I shall definitely look forward to chatting with you over a cup of coffee, and you can educate me about the Singles. BTW Thomas [swoon] Paulson is going to Torino for the Winter Universiade later this week, look out for news. here. ;)

I remeber a coupld of yers ago when the O's were skating and Marika and Vitaly (when the withdrew after the OD) i went back to the car park after the FD and heard no end of whining from fans about how the Kerrs were "NISA's pets" and how the O's skated much better than them and deserved to win. Now i don't claim to have any dance knowledge at all and i am a little biased towards Sinead and John, but i just didn't see how the O's could have beaten the Kerrs int he FD.

Really? lol! That's Fans for you, we all whinge! :yes: Well, it's also interesting, as for ages the Kerr's felt they were underappreciated by the Judges, and their fans were fuming about it, there was great rivalry between them and the Os, and M&V, but the Kerr's international results have been excellent, and you can't argue with that. I rated the O's as a couple, and was soooo sorry when they had to retire because of Jon's shoulder injury, as with 2 GB couples at Euros, we had a strong team. The couple who replaced them, PTG/P are weak in comparision to the Os. You'll be pleased to hear that Miffy reported back that Marika was the TS for all the Dance comps, and on her introduction received a round of applause from all the Senior Dancers! :clap:

Nice to chat with you Ant. :agree: