Skaters and musical instruments? | Golden Skate

Skaters and musical instruments?

Bebe Liang is pretty good on the piano. But I read recently that she had to cut back on serious study and recitals because of her figure skating schedule, and now she mainly just plays at church.

Saundy

On the Ice
I believe Mira Leung is an accomplished pianist as well.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
kurt plunked out a few notes on teh piano to 'You Must Remember This' - always wondered if he actually knew how to play though

Antilles

Medalist
I've seen a picture of Gwendal Peizerat at a piano, though I don't know if he really plays.

IDLERACER

Medalist
I've seen numerous fluff pieces that show Ben Agosto messing around with an electric guitar. Sasha Cohen's bio indicates that she and her sister used to duet on violin on piano respectively, but she quickly discovered she had more of an aptitude for skating. Similar story with the Hughes sisters.

As an aside, I should also mention that both on and off the ice, Elvis Stojko and Josef Sabovcik are extremely accomplished air-guitarists :biggrin:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I believe Mira Leung is an accomplished pianist as well.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

Yes, you are correct. Mira is a pianist. I would love to hear her play someday.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Yes, you are correct. Mira is a pianist. I would love to hear her play someday.

I would love to watch her skate to herself playing. I think it'll bring out another side to Mira that we haven't seen yet. Unless, of course, it's Sydne Vogel (whom I love to watch skate--but she plays the tuba! No skating to tuba solos...but that's just me)

IDLERACER

Medalist
I don't know if this counts, but I just remembered that brief clip they once showed of Gary Beacom blowing his harmonica in prison. :laugh:

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
I don't know if this counts, but I just remembered that brief clip they once showed of Gary Beacom blowing his harmonica in prison. :laugh:

OMG! I remember that clip! It was right after a pro skating show!

But back to instruments--voice definitely counts, so Emanuel Sandhu?