Adrienne Koob-Doddy and Robert Antonelli | Golden Skate

Adrienne Koob-Doddy and Robert Antonelli

G

GSK8

Adrienne Koob-Doddy and Robert Antonelli

Novice ice dancers Adrienne Koob-Doddy and Robert Antonelli have been skating together for five years. In that time, they have finished fourth in juvenile dance at the U.S. Junior Nationals in 2000, ninth in intermediate in 2001, then sixth in intermediate in 2002.

<strong><a href="http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2002/071503.shtml" target="top">More</a></strong>

M

mathman444

Re: Adrienne Koob-Doddy and Robert Antonelli

OK, I'm a fan. Check out that first picture for a big "awwwwwwwww."

Adrienne Koob-Doddy! How can she go wrong with a spectacular name like that?

"Koob-Doddy collects miniature license plate key chains from states she has visited. "They were the first thing I ever saw with my name on them," she said. "Adrienne isn't a common name and my name was never on mugs or anything else.""

I am going to personally commission a mug and send it to her.

Mathman

S

sk8ing lady2001

I can't wait to see this fantastic duo! Thanks for the link. :)

A

Allie Katz

Koob-Doody!!

KOOB-DOODY!!

KOOB-DOODY!!

KOOB-DOODY-DOODY-DOO!!

:rollin: :rollin: :rollin:

:rollin: :rollin:

:D

G

Grgranny

Talk about names being in special places. I keep seeing my maiden name on barrels, etc., in front of buildings. Butts

I

Idleracer

[c]<font size=4><font color="#008000">I don't get this whole business of hyphenated names. She should either call herself "Adrienne Koob" or "Adrienne Doddy." A "Koob-Doddy" sounds like some some of children's toy invented by Hasbro. Come to think of it, so does a "Nari-Nam."<font size=2>

S

Smiley0884

IMO it's better than Galler-Rabinowitz. At least you can say Koob-Doddy and Nari Nam.

M

mathman444

IIRC when Naomi Nari Nam first started competitng she was just Naomi Nam. Then her younger sister took up the sport, and her name was also Naomi Nam. So they decided to use their middle names: Naomi Nari Nam and Naomi Nami Nam.

When asked why he gave his daughters both the same first name, their father reportedly replied, "I like the name."

Grillmaster and former boxer George Foreman has five sons, all of them named George. He explained that he and his mother had been abandoned by his father when he was a little boy, and he grew up without a father. When he became a dad himself, he wanted to make sure that each one of his sons knew who his father was.

About the name Koob-Doddy, my first thought was, what a great nickname for a rapper. Like Puff-Daddy (oops, I mean P-Diddy).

Now presenting: "Ice Koob," the rapping figure skater.

Mathman