Blades of Glory trailer | Golden Skate

Blades of Glory trailer

anya_angie

Final Flight
LOL I just saw this advertized on TVLand and it was hilarious. It doesn't even intend to take itself seriously. Anyone else see the trailer? What are your thoughts?

anya_angie

Final Flight
Yep! And I think it was rumored that Johnny is also cameoing in it... don't know about that one. But strangely enough, Will's character in the movie looks strangely like a Johnny knock-off...

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
I haven't found a trailer online yet...they need to get one up! The move comes out March 30th...

~Z

Eeyora

Final Flight
I saw a preview on ET the other night. It looks hysterical. Johnny Weir also has a cameo.

amazonprincess

Rinkside
Yep! And I think it was rumored that Johnny is also cameoing in it... don't know about that one. But strangely enough, Will's character in the movie looks strangely like a Johnny knock-off...

Jon Heder's character seems more like a Johnny knock-off.

Will's seems more like Weiss. With that kinda 'I'm a big American Manly-Man" approach.

Reglardless, the movie looks like a lot of fun, and I know I'll be going. My boyfriend even wants to go ^_^

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Jon Heder's character seems more like a Johnny knock-off.

Will's seems more like Weiss. With that kinda 'I'm a big American Manly-Man" approach.

ITA. I heard Scott's voice as the commentator hahaha

Zanzibar

Final Flight
The peacock costume is DEFINITELY an homage to Johnny's 'Camille' from 'The Swan' - just look at his hand.

I like this film already, lol!

Snowgirl

On the Ice
Oops... do Johnny and Sasha REALLY appear in the movie???
I've seen the trailer, but no sign of them there.
Anyone has a picture of them there?

Peacock costume is just LOL!!!

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Reglardless, the movie looks like a lot of fun, and I know I'll be going. My boyfriend even wants to go ^_^

He's taking the both of us, that Amazon Prince is...um, reglardless. :biggrin: Looking forward to it!
And it's nice to see you back on the boards, dear!
xoxo
Mom

Jhar55

Medalist
Oh that's to funny. Is it coming out to theaters? Also isn't that the guy from Napoleon Dynamite? :rofl:
Can't wait to see it.

seafoam

Rinkside
Alrighty then.

Johnny mentioned being parodied in BoG in his latest Q&A. No mention of a cameo, but that would just be the ganache on the flourless hazelnut fudge cake if he did :) That peacock is pretty darn cute.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Rick Bobby did not hurt NASCAR.

As someone said and - I don't agree - any publicity is better then no publicity. Bad is bad IMO but others seem to differ in their opinion. I guess the outcome is truly the important factor. And will it be taken "bad" or just as allowing one to laugh at themselves?

The movie it's self has no apparent distinction of real rules and the problem with that is it maybe the way a lot people really do perceive the sport.

My HOPE is that people will see it and it will make such a clear distinction between this movie being so fake that they will by coincidence recognize FS is not like that and give it more credibility. That is only a hope.[/B]:bow: :bow: :bow: I maybe a dreamer but I am not the only one.

This MIGHT have a different out come then it would appear it is going to have.

Things that are often found "funny" in this world are often things people realize are so far from the truth. It Might be as I was saying, it will show that the preseption of FS by many, is way off and bring what FS TRULY is to the forefront of attention. Again a hope and I maybe blind.

Last edited:

Zanzibar

Final Flight
I think this movie is actually going to be quite funny and if it has any effect on figure skating, it will be to give it a little boost in popularity. It's a huge honor for Johnny that they are paying homage to him with the peacock costume, which is as close to Camille as you can get without being a swan.

I live in Minnesota and about 12 years ago, when the highly acclaimed movie 'FARGO' was released, people went nuts here - they thought people all over the globe would view all Minnesotans as how they were portrayed in the movie...complete with everyone saying, "Ya you betcha' at every turn. But of course, all parodies are based on a kernel of truth....lots of Minnesotans DO have that funny accent and do have a naivete, portrayed in the movie, that wouldn't be seen in a city like New York. Anyway, it was a great movie....one that stands the test of time. I'll be at 'Blades of Glory' opening night and I have a feeling it's going to be a lot of fun, a lot of laughs, and it will display parodies about figure skating that waaaay down deep we all know are based on kernels of truth...and we should all be able to laugh at that.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
saw pics from the film in PEOPLE... I'm not sure I want to see it just because it brings out the ridiculous of skating... and if I want that I'll go look at ice dance costumes ;)

the peacock costume reminds me of Johnny's 01-02 LP(?) costume...